Character Strategy: Stormtrooper Han

Replies

  • Disappointing
  • Trojo
    41 posts Member
    Krokovich wrote: »
    On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "

    So he can taunt faster and give the entire team that 30% tm boost again.

    Far too squishy to survive till 2nd taunt. That 5%prot recovery is not going to change that

    The rework makes it a 70% chance of TM boost a 15% increase from 55% chance of TM boost
  • BartleBee wrote: »
    Get ready to have to invest a zeta on each CLS heros journey team to be strong enough to complete it ;) see a trend here?

    "Congrats on farming old Ben to 7*! Now did you bring your 80 zeta mats with you for leia & the boys?"

    80? You'll need a minimum of 220 to zeta every new/reworked Rebel.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Not much of a zeta...
    Even with 4 mods with protection primaries you're lookin at what 40k health...for a "tank"?

    So 2k protection regain?
    That's awefull.

    Even Dooku's zeta will give more protection regain than that. AND his zeta also gives in creased damage AND crit hit immunity.

  • SangFroid wrote: »
    I can't comprehend why people are complaining about this. STHan was already a great character and they have made him slightly better. That is a win no matter how you slice it.

    Great character? This is where I disagree. I have 31 G11 characters already done, plus 10 more in my favorites that are on my radar to gear up, and he's not one of them. Outside of this event, I have no desire to gear up ST Han. And now I still don't.
  • Where is c3p0, and why is Chewbacca not rebel, and resistance as well, and where's jabba so odd these reworks now and massive amounts of ewoks pushed on us?
  • Just another rework that gets run over by thrawn.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Nobody is satisfied unless zetas are of epic proportions. :|
  • "Whenever Han takes damage he recovers 5% Protection"
    Does this mean that he would regain 15% if he had 3 dots?
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    So to sum up his rework....meh
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Hmmm, might make him quite viable with Tiepatine/chirpatine/ZaderTiePalp during P3
  • So under Jyn leader zeta he would get 5% when he took damage and another 5% when he taunts or got a buff? With Bariss on the team with her zeta he would lose health a lot slower and constantly gaining protection back he could be a real pain for ppl. He would get revived by Jyn too and now that he gives more TM to the team he could be a part of a decent team. Maybe
  • My ST Han isn't quite maxed and has a bit over 26k protection.
    If damage taken is 10k per hit....
    5% protection will be added at a rate of 5200 per hit.
    That makes each hit over 50% less effective.

    Or, am I missing something?
  • Masuk wrote: »
    My ST Han isn't quite maxed and has a bit over 26k protection.
    If damage taken is 10k per hit....
    5% protection will be added at a rate of 5200 per hit.
    That makes each hit over 50% less effective.

    Or, am I missing something?

    Nevermind... doh, I'm an ****
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Masuk wrote: »
    My ST Han isn't quite maxed and has a bit over 26k protection.
    If damage taken is 10k per hit....
    5% protection will be added at a rate of 5200 per hit.
    That makes each hit over 50% less effective.

    Or, am I missing something?

    Yes you are missing something massive...
    5% of 26.000 it's 1.300 not 5200 I don't really know where you got them numbers from

    Edit, sorry I saw your post after the first one, nvm ^_^
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    These changes to St Han are negligible at best...

    Won't make a dramtic difference for his performance on a team... he's a *little* harder to kill with the zeta (who's putting a zeta on St Han? Answer: No one). A little better chance for a TM boost on his basic (boring)

    Nothing that really changes how he already performs...

    Kind of dissapointing... it certainly could have been a better rework

    But I'll bet money the "other Han" gets something amazing... (at least I hope so)

    Will we see another tomorrow? Leia?
  • Thysk
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Smapty wrote: »
    Will we see another tomorrow? Leia?

    Since they did one on Saturday, I'd expect they continue tomorrow (Sunday), and finish on Monday. Just in time for an update on Tuesday (possibly). And yeah, I'd expect Leia tomorrow.
  • Nothing about a tank's survivability matters because Darth Nihilus exists
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Nothing about a tank's survivability matters because Darth Nihilus exists

    Nihilus is going to become a burden defensively soon...

    I feel like he's going to get pushed out of high end arena... too slow and easy to control

    They times they are a changing ;)
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Nothing about a tank's survivability matters because Darth Nihilus exists

    Nihilus is going to become a burden defensively soon...

    I feel like he's going to get pushed out of high end arena... too slow and easy to control

    They times they are a changing ;)

    Doubtful. Mine is 231 speed, he as an unavoidable possibility of increasing cooldowns, instakill, can hit pretty hard, is pretty tanky. He is the one and truly broken character in the game. One hit ko should never have been a thing.
  • And then there's this HM6Ftrw.png
  • Krokovich wrote: »
    On basic, why you would want TM gain is beyond me. I want TM SLOW when he taunts, I never omegad it. Again with the impulse zeta, I guess just to have a "zeta team "

    So he can taunt faster and give the entire team that 30% tm boost again.

    Far too squishy to survive till 2nd taunt. That 5%prot recovery is not going to change that

    If he's targeted for the whole time he's too squishy to survive the first taunt. So it doesn't matter if he gets some more TM, but he may get one more turn to use Bluff.

    On the other side, if he's not targeted for the whole time (usually because he's been dispelled) you totally want him to get his taunt back up asap, for the whole benefits.

    So, yeah, this is an improvement on his kit, but under the current meta his kit is still not viable imo
  • I'd have to say no name non reworked shoretrooper is a lot better. I would have expected that a rework of Han (Han solo iconic character for heaven sake) zeta would have been at least 10% which is really nothing when you have 5 arena level guys pounding on him. Even 10% may not make him arena worthy. Unless you say in the event that CLS requires Han zeta I think there is buckleys to none chance of anybody doing this
  • vazelos81
    166 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I can't unberstand why every new ability upgrate hes to be a zeta ability, since some of them are not worth more than many omega abilities. They make them useless, who would spend a zeta for those?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Smapty wrote: »
    Nothing about a tank's survivability matters because Darth Nihilus exists

    Nihilus is going to become a burden defensively soon...

    I feel like he's going to get pushed out of high end arena... too slow and easy to control

    They times they are a changing ;)

    Just because luke can avoid taunt, doesn't mean dn will leave arena play. His kit it too good. I'd be very surprised if there isn't a counter rebel team that includes dn/thrawn/dt. We may see fewer Rex leads, however.
  • With 4 protection primaries (I think that's the max for primaries?) his protection is over 36k and that's not including whatever protection secondaries are put on him. Mine only has 2 protection primaries and he's over 32k. If I added two more primaries that puts him at 48k or so.

    Better use a zeta on Savage Opress than wasting some on such weak power anyway.
    Sometimes i wonder if devs know how rare these are.
  • Thysk wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Zeta should give 10% and protection up if not already present. 5% is a bit to low because even with really good mods it is a 1800 protection regeneration with attacks that does 10k usually, you won't notice...
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    i think he should've get HP and protection buff. take a look at this
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/stats/ under defensive - he's one of the least tankiest tanks.
    now it have to get zeta to be viable tank in the current meta, and im sorry, but this is zeta on the level of Lumi and chewy.
    disappointed. :(

    What you aren't considering is that, so long as STHan has more max protection than max health, it will be damage neutral (or he'll gain protection) when he's damaged by DoTs. Sure zVader can eventually Saber Throw him dead, but the DoTs won't kill him. Most tanks take a lot of damage from DoTs, since they are a percent of health damage mechanic.

    you forget that he needs zeta to recover protection (and in a very small manner).
    look at shore, at GK, at baze, at obi wan, sithtrooper, RG, sun fac, FOST... even look at ATTACKERS like ezra, JKA, Vader.
    i dont even talk about some supports or toons that gain HP buff like Zidious, Maul, Chirrut... all of those are much tankier than him, in almost every aspect. his job is to taunt and die after give TM to whole team. if dispelled, he's useless, if team dazed/shocked, hes useless. thats why hes not meta atm. this "Zeta" not gonna change it because its expensive to put a zeta on a tank that barely gain from it. so to be viable, he need a zeta. you can have like at least 5 better tanks than him to use. he will continue to be not viable for high arena, he's too squishy for his job.
  • I'm pretty stoked for this. He was already an effective character to begin with.
  • RobArt
    117 posts Member
    Why has every zeta to be arena viable? Many people spend there zetas to deal more damage in haat, for example Zody or Zader (i know, many people still or again use him in arena).
    The Zeta for STHan will let him survive in P3 for a very long time. Maybe you now can switch out Sun Fac for an attacker like TFP in your Chirpatine squad
Sign In or Register to comment.