R2 unlock for commander luke

Replies

• Options
    cool story OP
  • Wassup
    128 posts Member
    Options
    To be fair: about 90% of the community didn't get EP the first time. Many didn't get yoda the first time. Many didn't get Thrawn the first time. Etc

the thing is commander luke will be needed for other Lukes (Jedi Lukes, maybe Grandmaster Luke). If they will keep repeating R2 and Luke events them Im okay but I feel that I wont get him in like 2 years.

Can you confirm this? Bc this sure sounds like speculation...

It's about Luke's journey and you need the first to get the second. It's only logical to assume you'll need the second to get the third and so on.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Tijack wrote: »
    The worst part about R2 isnt the requirements, its the surprise of it. "Hey guys you need R2! oh btw you only have 8 days to 7* your empires. good luck!" is kinda mean.

i was thinking it was nice that ea/cg atleast gave players another oppertunity to get r2 just before the commander luke event starts.

Precisely
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This completely ignores the aspect of Luke being desirable for nostalgia's sake. It's pretty hardcore that he can only be unlocked at 7 stars and this event is said to be more rare than super rare events. A lot of us have been dying to have Luke with a lightsaber since we started playing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    J_Starseed wrote: »
    This completely ignores the aspect of Luke being desirable for nostalgia's sake. It's pretty hardcore that he can only be unlocked at 7 stars and this event is said to be more rare than super rare events. A lot of us have been dying to have Luke with a lightsaber since we started playing.

I dont recall any statements saying this will be more rare than super rare. Do you have a link?
  • Options
    I've never anyone says it will be "more rare than super rare", they've just said it will be different than past unlocks.
  • Options
    I don't mind not getting CLS the first time but it would be nice for others if they confirmed he was coming back I personally know one way or another he will be back but this is no different than general Kenobi they claim he is the best my guild has done one regular tank but we still are doing six star rancors but it's not hurt my game play
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Wassup wrote: »
    To be fair: about 90% of the community didn't get EP the first time. Many didn't get yoda the first time. Many didn't get Thrawn the first time. Etc

the thing is commander luke will be needed for other Lukes (Jedi Lukes, maybe Grandmaster Luke). If they will keep repeating R2 and Luke events them Im okay but I feel that I wont get him in like 2 years.

It's about Luke's journey and you need the first to get the second. It's only logical to assume you'll need the second to get the third and so on.

While being pure speculation, it does make sense.

First we had Farmboy Luke (A New Hope)
    Now we're getting Commander Luke (Empire Strikes Back)
    As the journey continues....
    We'll see Jedi Luke (Return of the Jedi)
    And then eventually Master Luke (Force Awakens and beyond)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't mind not getting CLS the first time but it would be nice for others if they confirmed he was coming back I personally know one way or another he will be back but this is no different than general Kenobi they claim he is the best my guild has done one regular tank but we still are doing six star rancors but it's not hurt my game play

There are only 2 roads, since the release cadence:
    - its recurring event (most likely)
    - he will follow the release cadence and become farmable (not likely at all)

There has never been a toon that was brought into the game and didn't become farmable.
  • Options
    The old Ben excuse is ridiculous. Unless you're new you have no reason to complain about an easy farm that has been in existence since the dawn of time.

R2 on the other hand could be an issue. And I accept that excuse.
  • Options
    Wassup wrote: »

Logical speculation is still speculation ;)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »
    The old Ben excuse is ridiculous. Unless you're new you have no reason to complain about an easy farm that has been in existence since the dawn of time.

Does that mean you have a 7 star Nightsister team and a 7 star Tuscan team?
  • Options
    Bennehftw wrote: »

I agree r2 is the biggest obstacle for me I had old Ben at five stars with two refreshes today I got 29 shards he will be the easiest followed by han then Leia farm boy has been 7 stars for months
  • BryonStarkiller
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Welcome to a Launch Players World been waiting since Launch Hour 1 Minute 1 for a "Jedi" Luke. Been Waiting 2 Years. Not even sure what Dev thought a Tusken Rifle would good Weapon of Choice for him. Maybe a E11 Carbine or a DL44 Blaster Pistol but a Tusken Rifle??? WTH
  • Options
    Everyone says the same thing. Oh I don't have enough time to 7* these toons! Why is everything short notice? 1 it's how they make money to keep this game that everyone loves alive and up to date, and 2 noone has told anyone to start farming the required toons a week or two before ANY event starts. It comes down to what your current goals are at the moment. The way all these events have been recently you should be starring up different factions of toons to be ready for any event that comes your way. Not wait til the last minute and kitten on the forums that you don't have enough time. These toons have been in the game since the start besides R2, and if you really wanted him you would have been working on your empire squad for the time until his event sarted. Never chase the meta, always anticipate it. *End of rant

This. Right after r2 came and I couldn't unlock him Empire was my priority until I had 5 7 star toons for the next event. Same with Thrawn. Unlocked him at 5 star and then immediately upgraded Phoenix to 7 star so I can get him at 7. If something you want pops up and you can't get it, no excuses to not be ready 2nd time around.
  • Options
    Everyone says the same thing. Oh I don't have enough time to 7* these toons! Why is everything short notice? 1 it's how they make money to keep this game that everyone loves alive and up to date, and 2 noone has told anyone to start farming the required toons a week or two before ANY event starts. It comes down to what your current goals are at the moment. The way all these events have been recently you should be starring up different factions of toons to be ready for any event that comes your way. Not wait til the last minute and kitten on the forums that you don't have enough time. These toons have been in the game since the start besides R2, and if you really wanted him you would have been working on your empire squad for the time until his event sarted. Never chase the meta, always anticipate it. *End of rant

This. Right after r2 came and I couldn't unlock him Empire was my priority until I had 5 7 star toons for the next event. Same with Thrawn. Unlocked him at 5 star and then immediately upgraded Phoenix to 7 star so I can get him at 7. If something you want pops up and you can't get it, no excuses to not be ready 2nd time around.

Excellent points I am on a December 16 shard I won't get him but he will be back and it has helped me focus on who to farm and for those that say " well I'm going to be behind" not on my shard I'm around 200 and have never had a GK show up so I don't think many CSL's will be there
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

Welcome to a Launch Players World been waiting since Launch Hour 1 Minute 1 for a "Jedi" Luke. Been Waiting 2 Years. Not even sure what Dev thought a Tusken Rifle would good Weapon of Choice for him. Maybe a E11 Carbine or a DL44 Blaster Pistol but a Tusken Rifle??? WTH
    Luke doesn't use a Tusken Rifle. He uses a 6-2Aug2 hunting rifle.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options

I'm sorry, but this has got nothing to do with it. This isn't the first time we had R2. In fact, most assumed a 3-4 month delay after the first event...
  • Options

I'm sorry, but this has got nothing to do with it. This isn't the first time we had R2. In fact, most assumed a 3-4 month delay after the first event...

It has everything to do with it. If you don't get Luke the first time, get him the second time. Be happy the devs brought back R2 a couple months earlier than anticipated...
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    Options
    ^This

• DBane
    56 posts Member
    Options
    If your team is not ready for CLS then you should not have him. You can buy the packs for everyone to 7* but its not needed since shardmates don't have him either.

Most people on the forums are trying to find excuses why they have to use particular toons in order to get CLS and the reason is always the same. They want to have the most convenient way not to farm everything which is missing in their roster, they want to have 7* with toons they already have.

"Can we please exchange R2 with Chewy? I know he is from clonewars but R2 is such a hard farm .."
    "STH is behind a time wall in Arena shop.. can we switch him with Raid han? I do have raid han ready but not STH please make this change... " MIMIMI

It all comes back to one reason why people are not ready for this event. They haven't played long enough - simple fact. And the statement that none of these toons was viable and that was the reason why they weren't farmed is ridiculous.

R2 = meta toon, Leia = Princess Zody strat in hAAT (p4), STH = Chirpatine,Tiepatine strat in hAAT (p3), Old ben= old arena meta and easiest farmspot in the game, Luke = truely not the best but with Zader he was viable
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options

It was a 3-4 month delay after the first event. First event was 5/4, second event was 8/3. That's three months.
    Yoda returned after one month, Palps after four. Why is a three month return anything but within the realm of expectation?
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Massov
    123 posts Member
    Options
    DBane wrote: »
    If your team is not ready for CLS then you should not have him. You can buy the packs for everyone to 7* but its not needed since shardmates don't have him either.

Most people on the forums are trying to find excuses why they have to use particular toons in order to get CLS and the reason is always the same. They want to have the most convenient way not to farm everything which is missing in their roster, they want to have 7* with toons they already have.

"Can we please exchange R2 with Chewy? I know he is from clonewars but R2 is such a hard farm .."
    "STH is behind a time wall in Arena shop.. can we switch him with Raid han? I do have raid han ready but not STH please make this change... " MIMIMI

It all comes back to one reason why people are not ready for this event. They haven't played long enough - simple fact. And the statement that none of these toons was viable and that was the reason why they weren't farmed is ridiculous.

R2 = meta toon, Leia = Princess Zody strat in hAAT (p4), STH = Chirpatine,Tiepatine strat in hAAT (p3), Old ben= old arena meta and easiest farmspot in the game, Luke = truely not the best but with Zader he was viable

Can agree with most of this, but I have been playing since launch and refused to ever farm OB - when the evasion meta existed I went Dooku instead.

That, however, was a choice I made and is my fault. I think CLS is a present for everyone who started at or near launch and, since all the characters are or were relevant at some point (I remember STHan being THE tank of choice) it isn't really unreasonable.

As for R2, if people didn't bother to sort an empire team in the 3 months between releases, they can only blame themselves
  • Options
    DBane wrote: »
    And the statement that none of these toons was viable and that was the reason why they weren't farmed is ridiculous.

Is this really a fair statement? Princess Zody is a fairly new concept that has only been popular over the past few months. STH isn't 100% necessary for Chirpatine or even for phase 3 really. Old Ben and Luke have been in CUP camp for almost a year now. Plus over the past year there has been major emphasis on ewoks, rogue one, fulcrum, empire toons for zader, rebels for emporer, Jedi for yoda, phoenix squad, rex, and the sith meta. That doesn't even take into consideration mods and gear. So do you see why there may be plenty of players and plenty of valid reasons for why the required toons for Luke have not been farmed?
  • Options
    So if you didn't farm ST Han or Leia in squad arena shipments, who have you been farming there? Asaaj? Ship materials? Nute?
  • Options
    So if you didn't farm ST Han or Leia in squad arena shipments, who have you been farming there? Asaaj? Ship materials? Nute?

I don't mind not getting CLS older players deserve rewards some times I am a December 16 shard and only getting 700 arena tokens a day it takes sometime to 7 star a charecter plus buying credits when needed I have seven starred tarkin and 6 stared kannan but Han is 5 and Leia is 4 but after tomorrow they are next on the seven star list the thing newer people need to understand is CLS won't show up alot on newer shards so waiting til next time won't be horrible I'm guessing
  • Options

There are a lot of options there. Credits, Kanan (for thrawn), Cassian (for rogue one team or fulcrum), Mace (Jedi team for yoda, ships, aat ph1), Nebit (for cc mods), Tarkin (another new reworked character pushed hard), Greedo (for credit heist), Savage (sith team), Ackbar (aat ph2 and 4), IG88 and HK47 (for aat ph2), Sid (for zader team), and yes Nute kicked but before nerf. So there has been a lot of good farms for players besides Leia and ST Han.
  • Options
    I learned long ago for the first yoda event ever that it sucks to not have a full squad of Jedi to complete the event. Since then I farmed every faction..rebels,empire, bounty hunters, even Ewoks, Geonosians and Nightsisters.

It takes time. If I was a new player still I'd probably be a bit worried about not unlocking Luke. Just gotta remember..the event will come back eventually. Farm every faction now and worry about gearing them up when the time comes. That way you'll never be left behind and watch your peers get new toons while you can't.

It just takes time and or money if you choose to go that route.
  • Options
    I learned long ago for the first yoda event ever that it sucks to not have a full squad of Jedi to complete the event. Since then I farmed every faction..rebels,empire, bounty hunters, even Ewoks, Geonosians and Nightsisters.

It takes time. If I was a new player still I'd probably be a bit worried about not unlocking Luke. Just gotta remember..the event will come back eventually. Farm every faction now and worry about gearing them up when the time comes. That way you'll never be left behind and watch your peers get new toons while you can't.

It just takes time and or money if you choose to go that route.

I agree and people on younger shards need to calm down and realize we won't see many Luke's on our shards accept maybe top fifty and then it won't be everyone I have seen one r2 no thrawns but mine and no general Kenobi granted I have yet to crack the top two hundred but that does bode well for how many of those charecters there are
  • Options
    SWGAMER6 wrote: »

There are a lot of options there. Credits, Kanan (for thrawn), Cassian (for rogue one team or fulcrum), Mace (Jedi team for yoda, ships, aat ph1), Nebit (for cc mods), Tarkin (another new reworked character pushed hard), Greedo (for credit heist), Savage (sith team), Ackbar (aat ph2 and 4), IG88 and HK47 (for aat ph2), Sid (for zader team), and yes Nute kicked but before nerf. So there has been a lot of good farms for players besides Leia and ST Han.

Indeed. But I've never heard of someone who farmed Greedo, Asaaj, Nute (let's be real, the Nute thing lasted 36 hours) before those 2. Leia is the staple of a Zody team and ST Han was THE tank to have.