For Those Asking About the Start Date of the Luke Event...

Prev1345
Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited August 2017
First off, some of the mods have done a great job of pointing us in the right direction - specifically either linking or quoting Kozi's post. I want to help "decipher" - or at least give a best guess, for those that are not understanding why the link/quote is actually very helpful.

First, a quote from a section of the announcement:
Daring Droid [R2-D2]
Starts: Aug 3rd
Ends: Aug 11th
Notes: Requires Empire Characters
Omega Battle: Bespin
Starts Aug 5th
Ends Aug 5th
Notes: Requires Geonosians, Rebels
Omega Battle: Coruscant
Starts: Aug 6th
Ends: Aug 6th
Notes: Requires Ewoks, Empire
Hero's Journey
Starts: [Redacted]
Ends: [Redacted]
Notes: [Redacted]
Assault Battles: Ground War
Starts: Aug 12th
Ends: Aug 13th
Notes: Requires Ewoks, Resistance Units
Grandmasters Training: Yoda Event

Starts: Aug 17th
Ends: Aug 23rd....

Now, for those who are particularly observant you will notice that the start dates of ALL of the events in the announcement are in chronological order. Which would lead me to believe that it is likely (although not guaranteed - as things can happen) that the Hero's Journey Luke event will probably launch sometime between August 6th and August 12th.

Also, for those asking about "extra means" to obtain shards - Kozi has stated that there will be. But all that might mean is packs. Is it possible that it means double drops or moving some of the needed characters into shops? Maybe - but that wasn't stated.

For those of you visiting the forums for the first time (or even long time frequenters of the forum) the above may look strange. That's because it is the calm voice of reason. Sorry if you find it off-putting or confusing. ;)

May the force be with you.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Mitchell_1313
    341 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I would think it happens after the R2 event ends. So maybe 8/12 is the first day?
  • If they want old ben pack selling like hotcakes, they should do it in end of month. Bcause people maybe will buy old ben for yoda event, and for CLS event. Oh they can also do it whenever they want and put separate pack there. Or mega pack with all *7 leia, sthan, old ben.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    For healthy debate, I counter that I don't believe they have ever started an event on a Sunday. Putting the earliest start on the 7th. I'd venture too to say that it's a 9 day event, like R2, ending on the 15th if it starts in the 7th.

Or 8/12~8/20 which I think is most likely of the two.
  • @Nikoms565 Just to play devils advocate/insert another calm opinion, do you think the event will end on the last day of the month? My assumption is that since farmboy Luke is the login character that their intent was for him to help people get his shards for the event. Thus ending on the last day after getting 30 extra shards for him.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 Just to play devils advocate/insert another calm opinion, do you think the event will end on the last day of the month? My assumption is that since farmboy Luke is the login character that their intent was for him to help people get his shards for the event. Thus ending on the last day after getting 30 extra shards for him.

The safe bet it will be as long as the Yoda or R2 events...8 days
  • Have most of the events started on the same day of the week?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Also in the newsletter they sent three days ago said the event will start "next week", correct? That puts it the same as the timeline on that event calendar where it say redacted. Guess they aren't really smooth about being incognito.

homer-incognito.gif
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 Just to play devils advocate/insert another calm opinion, do you think the event will end on the last day of the month? My assumption is that since farmboy Luke is the login character that their intent was for him to help people get his shards for the event. Thus ending on the last day after getting 30 extra shards for him.

I doubt that. Less notice means a greater scramble to max out the required toons.
  • Most events start either Thursday or Saturday. The rebels are scheduled to be reworked early next week (I'm guessing Tuesday) so it would make sense for the event to follow on Thursday 10th August. Purely speculation of course.
  • CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    Also in the newsletter they sent three days ago said the event will start "next week", correct? That puts it the same as the timeline on that event calendar where it say redacted. Guess they aren't really smooth about being incognito.

homer-incognito.gif

They said the reworks for Farmboy, Leia, etc. would go in next week. Didn't say the event would be next week. Nonetheless, my guess is the reworks will go in with the update on Tuesday and the event will start Friday.
  • Old Ben rework already announced
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    For healthy debate, I counter that I don't believe they have ever started an event on a Sunday. Putting the earliest start on the 7th. I'd venture too to say that it's a 9 day event, like R2, ending on the 15th if it starts in the 7th.

Who said the event would start on a Sunday? Your "counter" falls right within the range of dates I gave - between 8/6 and 8/12. 8/7 is, indeed (at least the last time I checked) between said dates.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Thrawn ran from 15th-22nd June, and the best I was able to find in a limited-time search was that his "redacted" info was listed after the Phoenix flash events list. So I don't remember if they listed any events after that, let alone what the dates were. The Wayback archive was unhelpful for me and running really slow.

The thing that makes me hope it is not that early is that Luke is the login character. Starting on the 10th means we will get 2/3 of the login shards after the event is over. Makes it kind of pointless to have him this month instead of last.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Who said the event would start on a Sunday? Your "counter" falls right within the range of dates I gave - between 8/6 and 8/12. 8/7 is, indeed (at least the last time I checked) between said dates.

I see, I thought you were saying the event was 8/6~8/12, my bad ^_^
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I see, I thought you were saying the event was 8/6~8/12, my bad ^_^

No worries. Just hypothesizing on the start date. You are correct that it could be a 9 day event - it could also go over more than one weekend if it start later in the week.

• leef
    13458 posts Member

For those of you visiting the forums for the first time (or even long time frequenters of the forum) the above may look strange. That's because it is the calm voice of reason. Sorry if you find it off-putting or confusing. ;)

apology accepted. =D
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

apology accepted. =D

Lol - stay awesome, Leef. :D

• Winstar wrote: »

homer-incognito.gif

I believe it said tbe toon reworks were "next week." Not the event itself.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    My guess is and I'm sure it's accurate, it will start between August 1st and August 31st!

Solidly safe prediction. Well done. ;)

• I was thinking if you look at the rework page, yesterday we got luke and today old Ben. Following this pattern:Tomorrow Leia. Next day StHan. Then raid Han. Last on that list is CLS... So I'd say tuesday, August 8th. If they don't do weekends... Thursday the tenth.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I was thinking if you look at the rework page, yesterday we got luke and today old Ben. Following this pattern:Tomorrow Leia. Next day StHan. Then raid Han. Last on that list is CLS... So I'd say tuesday, August 8th. If they don't do weekends... Thursday the tenth.

The info about CLS is already out though...

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    My guess is and I'm sure it's accurate, it will start between August 1st and August 31st!

ec2.gif

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • I heard from a guildmate that Kozi originally posted the start date, then redacted it. He said it will start on the 11th, and end on the 12th.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I heard from a guildmate that Kozi originally posted the start date, then redacted it. He said it will start on the 11th, and end on the 12th.

200w.gif
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Yeap, I thought as well.
    I am afraid I will skip it as my Luke is 6* and I do not have OB. There is no even a point to buy shards: I am pretty sure I will have them when event reappear... really strange politics. Why Luke shards is not in July? What's the point of 3 shards before event in August?
  • My hope is that Devs are reading the reactions on here and adjusting both the release date and duration according. Pretty much everyone who is farming for CLS is looking about 3 weeks.
  • Kalano
    415 posts Member

hmmm. August being a safe prediction???
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Calbear949 wrote: »
    My hope is that Devs are reading the reactions on here and adjusting both the release date and duration according. Pretty much everyone who is farming for CLS is looking about 3 weeks.

Not really. I could be ready tomorrow. The people who are ready, or close to it, aren't complaining. Judging by the few dozen complaining, it seems as though there are either many more ready than you suspect, or most of them just realize that they'll snag CLS next time around.

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Kalano wrote: »

hmmm. August being a safe prediction???

Sarcasm is so difficult on the interwebs...

This discussion has been closed.