Did old Ben forget the past?

Drepd
130 posts Member
edited August 2017
he remembers how to taunt but forgets all the cool stuff he could do 20 years earlier. on top of that, he is old now. his bones should shatter if you use him as a tank. Who wants to put your grandfather on the front line? :)

He should have lost the taunt and had portions of his GK complimented like the retribution and foresight making him just support instead of a tank.
Post edited by Sunnie1978 on

Replies

• crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    He has a different personality. He taunts Vader so he can die and let the others escape.
  • In ANH He also completely forgot about a certain astromech droid that saved his skin several times in the past.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • In ANH He also completely forgot about a certain astromech droid that saved his skin several times in the past.

9159cac0a3db7ea6ac2c3b9d1c5c95fd--lightsaber-fight-bob-anderson.jpg

9159cac0a3db7ea6ac2c3b9d1c5c95fd--lightsaber-fight-bob-anderson.jpg

1+ Rep xD
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    In ANH He also completely forgot about a certain astromech droid that saved his skin several times in the past.

He also conveniently forgot that Vader was Luke's father. Oh wait. He didn't forget. He just lied. He lied a lot. He was a cryptic old knight/wizard who had been hiding his identity for years, and didn't like anyone knowing too much about him. I could be remembering wrong, but I believe in the novelization of A New Hope he pats R2 on the... head... top... whatever, and calls him old friend when nobody is around. So he did remember.

Also technically he never said he didn't remember R2. He just said he didn't remember owning any droid. And he never owned R2. He was Padme's originally. Then Anakin ended up with him I think. He was always following Anakin around like a puppy after Ani married Padme. Then Senator Organa I think got him when Padme died, and Ani went dark side. So I guess Old Ben was telling the truth... from a certain point of view.
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    In ANH He also completely forgot about a certain astromech droid that saved his skin several times in the past.

He also conveniently forgot that Vader was Luke's father. Oh wait. He didn't forget. He just lied. He lied a lot. He was a cryptic old knight/wizard who had been hiding his identity for years, and didn't like anyone knowing too much about him. I could be remembering wrong, but I believe in the novelization of A New Hope he pats R2 on the... head... top... whatever, and calls him old friend when nobody is around. So he did remember.

Also technically he never said he didn't remember R2. He just said he didn't remember owning any droid. And he never owned R2. He was Padme's originally. Then Anakin ended up with him I think. He was always following Anakin around like a puppy after Ani married Padme. Then Senator Organa I think got him when Padme died, and Ani went dark side. So I guess Old Ben was telling the truth... from a certain point of view.

That is not in the novelization.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    JacenRoe wrote: »

That is not in the novelization.

I checked. According to internet sources it is in the 2015 novelization.