R2 event tier 7

Replies

• I've got Emp g11, Tarkin g8, Stormtrooper g8, Magma g7 and Snowtrooper g7. Is it possible to finish with this team? I'm feeling a little hoodwinked. The sell packs for toons that have abilities that are useless at tier 7 i.e. Tarkin and Magma, with no TM reduction
  • I managed it on about the 20th attempt with some helpful RNG...

Zader (L) G10
    EP G9
    Tarkin G8
    Snow trooper G8
    Magma trooper G8

My problem was that my mod sets don't give high speed, they all hit well enough, just not often enough!

It was hard, but it should be R2 is a great toon, one of the most versatile in the game. He shouldn't be a gimme.

IMHO Luke should be even harder. If I miss out, I won't next time!
  • McBee
    228 posts Member
    Took me probably 10 tries, but I got it with
    Palp (l) g10 85
    Vader g10 85
    Tarkin g9 85
    TFP g8 85
    RG g8 85

You absolutely want to use palp as leader, because they are immune to vaders tm reduction. Plus his auto debuff against rebels comes in real handy.

In the end, it was just palp against raid han, and eventually burned him down. I only succeeded when I took R2 out first. His stun and improvise are killers if not controlled.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I beat it with level 85 characters:
    Palp lead t8
    Vader t8
    Tarkin t8
    TFP t8
    Magmatrooper t7

Level 7 abilities on everyone but Magmatrooper, he had 5/6 abilities. Maybe 2 or 3 omegas. Had to steal my arena mods from my droids. Had to try it like 10 times. When their opening salvo all targeted magma, Chewie didn't taunt and R2 didn't stealth i was able to beat it.

Seems like i had lower gear than everyone else who posted. I got my tfp up to a 240 speed with crit damage set and triangle. He was totally my mvp.
  • Palpy lead. Vader. Tarkin. TFP. RG.

I tried for hours doing what everyone says. Killing Han Solo first. Could kill Han, Leia and Luke. After that I would die very fast.

I decided I was sick of R2 stunning palpetine and taking so many turns. Killed R2 first, Han after. Had Palpy, Vader and TFP left with almost full green health after I won.
    What works for some isn't what's best for everyone.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Palpy lead. Vader. Tarkin. TFP. RG.

I tried for hours doing what everyone says. Killing Han Solo first. Could kill Han, Leia and Luke. After that I would die very fast.

I decided I was sick of R2 stunning palpetine and taking so many turns. Killed R2 first, Han after. Had Palpy, Vader and TFP left with almost full green health after I won.
    What works for some isn't what's best for everyone.

R2 was my first target from the start, though i killed Han first with Vader's Saber throw. Every other attack besides that saber throw targeted R2.
  • Ipocalypse
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I beat it today with the following team...

EP (L) G9 - 85
    Vader G8 - 80
    TFP - G9 - 85
    Tarkin - G8 - 80
    Snowtrooper - G7 - 70

None of them had anything special for mods. What put me over the top was that I moved 3 +30 speed arrows from my R1 arena team to Tarkin, TFP, and EP, Omega'd EP's stun, and used auto for the battle. Took two tries to get it done. Had some good RNG, but the keys were getting TFP's buff immunity to hit along with having Tarkin dropping his 2x debuff. Follow that up with stuns from EP, additional DOTs from Vader, and TFP's basic then hits like a truck. My Snowtrooper is pretty terrible. He was only there because he was my 5th 7* Empire character. He is super slow so his only use for me for the event was to serve as cannon fodder.

Hope you can get him unlocked at 7*. Good luck!

PS - Forgot to mention that focusing R2 first seems to help as well.
  • I managed to do this with g10 palp/ vader , g9 tarkin/tfp, and gear 8 snowtrooper. So no tank and I didnt use any of my main mod sets took about 10 tries to get the rng on the stuns
  • I did it with
    Palp (L) g8 Lvl 85
    Vader g8 Lvl 85
    Tarkin g8 Lvl 85
    Shoretrooper g8 Lvl 85
    Deathtrooper g7 Lvl 85

They all sub par 5 for level 12 mods. Don't believe a single on of the mods had a speed secondary. I focused on R2 right away. I used saber throw to take out Han. Then made sure R2 stayed shocked.
  • Take out R2 first. He's the most harmful to your team
  • sac122 wrote: »
    How the kittens are you supposed to beat the end team? They have 6 turns before I get a go and what's left of my squad, usually I'm two down by my first attack, hardly dent them.

My team are all gear 8 with mods. Clearly I can't get all to tier ten this event cycle so that means I can't complete the Luke event either!

Brilliant.

What leve toons did you guys have to complete the event?

85 G9 EP (L)
    85 G11 Vader
    85 G8 Tarkin
    82 G9 Stormtrooper
    85 G9 Snowtrooper

Getting my behind handed to me so far.
  • Beat it on my alt account with the squad G10-Palpatene/TieFighterPilot, G9-Vader/Magnatrooper and G8 Tarkin. Keep trying OP. Use your best mods. Eventually you'll get it.
  • From the experience of those that completed the tier 7 challenge for 7* R2, is there a mod setup which would make a difference to help complete the tier?

If it's specific to the characters I'm using, I have the following available for the challenge:

EP
    Vader
    RG
    Snowtrooper
    TFP
    Tarkin

All are in the g8-10 range, lv7+ abilities, and access to various 5-pip mods. I'm having difficulty sealing the deal and figure switching the mods up might help but not sure which? Also, I should be able to turn Vader into Zader before the event is done or/and get General Veers into the similar gear/ability/mod level as the rest, if it will make a difference?
  • Demunchild
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I had

G11 Zader
    G10 EP
    G10 TFP
    G10 Tarkin
    G9 RG

So originally tried tarkin lead (lvl 7 so no zeta) for kittens and giggles to try it out...got absolutely demolished lol, swapped to EP and 1 shot it. Tarkin and RG have 0 mods on them vader and ep are my 2 strongest toons respectively so they were the last 2 alive.

Used my initial turn to load up as many debuffs as possible throughout their team, really helps TFP turn into a monster. Mine ended up hitting for about 18-20k on a basic attack crit, and he is modded poorly atm. But the debuff stacks not only help vader, but tfp hit harder. If you guys are stuggling I suggest that, as well as if possible shock as many of them as you can. EP going often helps a lot with his aoe stun chance plus a key offense up followed by a round of debuffs/culling blade (unless all you can hit is R2) you can almost guarantee a 5v4 next round.

A lot of it comes down to RNG with their initial turns but just have to push through until it ends up in your favor on your first turn, (no stuns, ability blocks on wrong toons etc) you guys can do it!
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • omgwhyEACG wrote: »
    From the experience of those that completed the tier 7 challenge for 7* R2, is there a mod setup which would make a difference to help complete the tier?

If it's specific to the characters I'm using, I have the following available for the challenge:

EP
    Vader
    RG
    Snowtrooper
    TFP
    Tarkin

All are in the g8-10 range, lv7+ abilities, and access to various 5-pip mods. I'm having difficulty sealing the deal and figure switching the mods up might help but not sure which? Also, I should be able to turn Vader into Zader before the event is done or/and get General Veers into the similar gear/ability/mod level as the rest, if it will make a difference?

dont worry about speed too much if you need to swap mods, probably just look for protection. once you get going it should be hard. dont use Snowtrooper use the other 5 should be pretty easy with that setup
  • omgwhyEACG wrote: »
    From the experience of those that completed the tier 7 challenge for 7* R2, is there a mod setup which would make a difference to help complete the tier?

EP
    Vader
    RG
    Snowtrooper
    TFP
    Tarkin

Good question. Have you checked out the crouching rancor website? They have a helpful mod chart for every character.

This was my team:
    EP (L) gr 10
    Zader gr 10
    Tarkin gr 8
    RG gr 9
    TFP gr10

I think the key was to take out R2 first. Then the rest fell. Maybe try that first if you haven't already before you change mods.
  • SWGAMER6 wrote: »
    omgwhyEACG wrote: »

EP
    Vader
    RG
    Snowtrooper
    TFP
    Tarkin

Good question. Have you checked out the crouching rancor website? They have a helpful mod chart for every character.

This was my team:
    EP (L) gr 10
    Zader gr 10
    Tarkin gr 8
    RG gr 9
    TFP gr10

I think the key was to take out R2 first. Then the rest fell. Maybe try that first if you haven't already before you change mods.

I did it with same team but even lower gear levels. Focus down r2. Maybe add a bunch of protection and defense to RG so he can sponge up some damage otherwise it's just rng. Took me 25+ tries.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I've done it with:
    Zader g11
    Palp g11
    Tarkin g11
    RG g10
    Magmatrooper G10

Zader, palp, tarkin all maxed gear, and their speed around more than 200. Beat it first time.. i learned i'm not genius, it's my squad that overpower. Now i'm regret it for play it too fast bcause i can't play that again :disappointed:
  • sac122 wrote: »
    How the kittens are you supposed to beat the end team? They have 6 turns before I get a go and what's left of my squad, usually I'm two down by my first attack, hardly dent them.

My team are all gear 8 with mods. Clearly I can't get all to tier ten this event cycle so that means I can't complete the Luke event either!

Brilliant.

What leve toons did you guys have to complete the event?

I tried it 10 times today. I had EP G10 (L), Vader G10, Tarkin G9, Tie Pilot G8 and RG G8 all with low to mid teir mods and I finally got lucky with rng and beat it. Keep trying.
  • I didn't need to take mines up too much

Ep lead g10
    RG g9
    Tfp g9
    Tarkin g9
    Vador g8

All with arena mods on.
  • I was able to beat T7 on my first try with this team:

EP(L) G10
    Vader G10
    Taking G10
    TFP G9
    RG G8

Came down to Chewie vs EP and Vader at very low health but managed to beat it!!
  • Did it with

(L) palpatine g10
    Vader g10
    Tarkin g10
    Royal guard g11
    Snowtrooper g7
  • This was a tricky event! The resistance to turn meter reduction in tier 7 got me to swap Zader for EP as leader. That was a mistake!. Zader lead was key to my eventual victory, as the permanent DOTs made all the difference. The dots are slowly grinding all enemies down as they all take like 3 turns in between your every turn.

Here is my underpowered squad:

Squad power: 69 856
    Zader and Tarkin gear 10
    EP, TFP, Magma gear 8

Magma is just in there cause he's an easy farm. He works as dead weight/punching bag for stunners and heavy hitters. RG will fill his position well (better, really).

Strategy-wise: RNG is your friend.
    • If Han/R2 is stunning someone else than Magma - restart.
    • If Old Ben is ability blocking Zader/Tarkin/EP - restart.
    • Make sure Zader is landing his dots, otherwise, restart.
    • Target order: Han first, then Leia, R2, Luke, Old Ben, Chewie - if you can choose. Most of the time, R2 will direct who to target, and you'll have to roll with it. Again, RNG plays a huge part in this event.

Like I said, this event was tricky, and my squad was sub-optimal. But after an hour of trying I could unlock that 7* R2, and that made me very happy indeed :smile:

Good Luck!

Im so glad someone got through it with this team as this is the team i have built for this event with all toons around the same gear level. I just need tarkin at 7* now to finish it. Only 60 shards to go and 3 days to get it
  • WB50
    55 posts Member
    2nd try with the following:

EP G9
    TFP G9
    RG G8
    DV - G8
    DT - G8 (the key member, had his terminate and basic omega'd)

All level 85 and mediocre 5* mods
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Zader, Palp, Tarkin, RG, Magma

Zader dotted everyone. I then went to town on R2. Once R2 was out of the way the rest folded like paper.
  • zarkas
    22 posts Member
    R2 is immune to stun?
  • Palp g11, Vader g11, tarkin g9, RG n Magmatroooer gear 7, loan some of arena speed mod on the first 3 characters, should do the trick
    -cheers-
  • I don't remember what setup I used the first time round but I was close to g8 with all toons and 1 scrub, comes down to RNG … I made it down to just r2 at the end with 3 toons left and thought I was good but wrong many times.... keep at it. While trying to raise gear level . Think I did :

Zader 9
    EP 10
    RG 11
    Tarkin 7
    Magna 7 or 8
  • I used the following:

Zader G9
    Palp G9
    Tarkin G8
    RG G8
    Snowtrooper G8

All health mods. Some not so great.

Even though the TM is lost on the Zader lead, the permadots are what you want. The DOTs tick on every turn and they take a metric crapton of them. R2 was dead by my third turn and I managed to kill off Ben and Chewie with Zader and Palp.

It can be done. Soldier on!