Should I farm General Grieves in Fleet Shiptment? That like 26,400 Fleet Shipment tokens = 13.5 zeta

Is he worth the farm for maybe a future reworks or maybe need for legendary events?

Replies

• I buy him every chance I get but that might only be twice a week at best.
  • LocalHero wrote: »
    I buy him every chance I get but that might only be twice a week at best.

I guess so huh since it your rate it can take up to 33 weeks = 8 months to farm him.
  • General Grievous is one of the most requested characters for rework, and there is no doubt that he will get one with Separatist faction pass (whenever it will come)...If his rework is great, then you will want him ready when the day comes...

You can get Grievous only from Fleet shop or Shard shop...I would say that Fleet Arena is better way than Shard Shop...Yes, you could have 13.5 zeta for the amount, but just imagine what you could have for that much Shard currency (more than a full character that can be very limited/valuable - like Baze, Nihilus, etc)...

Therefore, if you want to have Grievious ready for his rework, then it seems to be the best to start buying him in Fleet Store when you see him...he doesnt appear very often, so maybe his rework will even come sooner than you manage to get him to 7*...
  • If you have an excess of zeta characters and want him do it.
  • It will take you months for GG to appear in order for you 7* him. You'll probably accrue another 60 zetas from challenges in that time. Grab his shards whenever you can from fleet shipments.
  • I always pick them off when they come, it hardly dips into my zeta costs though because he's pretty rare in the shop. As of now though farming the greivs is basically a gamble on how good and soon you think his rework is going to be.
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I always bought him in fleet shipments and since a week or 2 ago he is finally 7* :)
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • I agree with others. He doesn't appear that often to really dig into your stash.

Definitely buy him when you see him!
  • I have my grievous 100% ready for his rework (got him exclusively through shard shop....). When his rework drops ill dominate the arena with my droid team :)

To answer your question, I would say yes to farming him in fleet shipments.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    agree, he comes up so infrequently, it will not have any effect on zetas.

you can also supplement with ****, but that currency has become more high demand with all the toons cycling though there.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    No because he is the hardest farm toon that is entirely worthless in every facet of the game

- hard node toons like baze and fotp take just as long but it's just hard node farming only. GG farming means you can't use shard shop currency for other toons or raid gear
    - GG kit is horribly aweful
    - zetas are far more important
    - A rework is unconfirmed and who knows when or if it's a mace type rework or a new meta toon rework- that's a massive gamble
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Asic wrote: »
    - A rework is unconfirmed and who knows when or if it's a mace type rework or a new meta toon rework- that's a massive gamble

I thought they mentioned a GG rework in one of the pod casts with Jesse. I could be wrong.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Is he worth the farm for maybe a future reworks or maybe need for legendary events?

Yes. He's getting a rework, it's just a matter of when. It's has been foreseen (told in a podcast). I farmed him first when the fleet store was first introduced and don't regret it because it'll pay off in epic proportions. Think it took like 3-4 months. Get started.

giphy.gif
  • Shoot, man, I farmed him to 6* before fleet tokens were even a thing, and he showed up rarely enough in fleet that I only bought 50 shards at most.

I love Greivous. Great synergy with IG-88 if he goes first. AoE for better damage than HK's, debuff a bunch of folks, watch as IG-88 guns down everyone. One of the strongest (unboosted) basics in the game, too. Fragile? Yeah, sure, whatever--show me a droid other than B2 that isn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    One thing is for sure.

You should change your profile picture! :-p
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Shoot, man, I farmed him to 6* before fleet tokens were even a thing, and he showed up rarely enough in fleet that I only bought 50 shards at most.

I love Greivous. Great synergy with IG-88 if he goes first. AoE for better damage than HK's, debuff a bunch of folks, watch as IG-88 guns down everyone. One of the strongest (unboosted) basics in the game, too. Fragile? Yeah, sure, whatever--show me a droid other than B2 that isn't.

R2.
    But ive got all but ig-100 and chopper at g11. So im partial to droids.
  • fotrovina wrote: »
    General Grievous is one of the most requested characters for rework, and there is no doubt that he will get one with Separatist faction pass (whenever it will come)...If his rework is great, then you will want him ready when the day comes...

You can get Grievous only from Fleet shop or Shard shop...I would say that Fleet Arena is better way than Shard Shop...Yes, you could have 13.5 zeta for the amount, but just imagine what you could have for that much Shard currency (more than a full character that can be very limited/valuable - like Baze, Nihilus, etc)...

Therefore, if you want to have Grievious ready for his rework, then it seems to be the best to start buying him in Fleet Store when you see him...he doesnt appear very often, so maybe his rework will even come sooner than you manage to get him to 7*...

+100 that's what I'm doing currently
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    A rework is unconfirmed and who knows when or if it's a mace type rework or a new meta toon rework- that's a massive gamble

His rework has been confirmed, but I've been told its a ways out. I hope its this year though.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Shoot, man, I farmed him to 6* before fleet tokens were even a thing, and he showed up rarely enough in fleet that I only bought 50 shards at most.

I had him 7* before ships came out :neutral: While Grievous does have good synergy with 88 and a good basic attack its just not enough, as everyone knows lol
    But ive got all but ig-100 and chopper at g11.

Same here lol. I have Chopper at gear 9 and IG-100 at gear 10. All my other droids are gear 11 and waiting for some kind of boost, be that a separatist, geonosian, or droid faction pass :)

• STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    A rework is unconfirmed and who knows when or if it's a mace type rework or a new meta toon rework- that's a massive gamble

His rework has been confirmed, but I've been told its a ways out. I hope its this year though.

I had him 7* before ships came out :neutral: While Grievous does have good synergy with 88 and a good basic attack its just not enough, as everyone knows lol

Same here lol. I have Chopper at gear 9 and IG-100 at gear 10. All my other droids are gear 11 and waiting for some kind of boost, be that a separatist, geonosian, or droid faction pass :)

I want to gear up ig 100 but he requires so much raid gear especially cuffs. Between him and the bounty hunters I'm going for that's like 10 sets of stun cuffs. How is IG 100 at that level? I know he isn't the greatest but is he at least decent?
  • PapiBlanco wrote: »
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

I want to gear up ig 100 but he requires so much raid gear especially cuffs. Between him and the bounty hunters I'm going for that's like 10 sets of stun cuffs. How is IG 100 at that level? I know he isn't the greatest but is he at least decent?

I've never used IG-100. I've only recently got him to gear 10