The real problem with farming for CLS

Prev1
So it all comes down to whether or not I should spend my refreshes for the characters needed or spend them on changing my name each day to mess with other players on my shard. Decisions decisions. Any thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/c/ltsjustlan l Roster ~ swgoh.gg/p/479461123

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Buy more crystals to do both.
  • Options
    But I'm ftp
  • Options
    For me it's, it's it even logistically possible to get Leia to 7 stars in time.
  • Options
    I heard its possible to get old been to 7* in 2 weeks so that's what I'm trying. Hopefully it works out well.
  • Options
    I got 80 shards in like 4 days so...I do think it's possible.
  • Options
    I will have to also get fbl up just as fast though, he's only 5* but if I keep getting him in guild shop then I'll be fine
  • Options
    Whindanser wrote: »
    I got 80 shards in like 4 days so...I do think it's possible.

How many refreshes?
  • Options
    You can easily get 20 shards a day on 2-3 refreshes.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    depends, what name are you going for?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

Easily??? 3 refreshses is around 36 battles..with 20 shards that is a 66% drop rate.. no chance most ppl are seeing that drop rate everyday.
  • Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

Easily??? 3 refreshses is around 36 battles..with 20 shards that is a 66% drop rate.. no chance most ppl are seeing that drop rate everyday.

It's 60 battles.
    120 free energy a day including lunchtime bonus + 3 * 120 refreshes = 480 energy/8 energy per battle = 60 battles. 20 shards would be a 33% drop rate.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

not sure what numbers you're using, but it's way more battles.
    3x120 = 360 + 45 (bonus energy) + 120 (daily free cantina energy) = 525
    525 / 8 = 65 battles. So with a 33% droprate you'll "easily" get 20 shards a day with 3 refreshes.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

not sure what numbers you're using, but it's way more battles.
    3x120 = 360 + 45 (bonus energy) + 120 (daily free cantina energy) = 525
    525 / 8 = 65 battles. So with a 33% droprate you'll "easily" get 20 shards a day with 3 refreshes.

How dare you bring math and clear detail to this thread, lol
  • Options
    Meh, i thought it was 10 node....my fuzzy math aside, i wish i was seeing 33%....i still wouldnt call it easy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Meh, i thought it was 10 node....my fuzzy math aside, i wish i was seeing 33%....i still wouldnt call it easy.

Not that it isn't possible that you've hit a bad streak that lasted a couple days now, but the fact that you thought it was a 10 energy node kinda makes me doubt your observational skills. I've been there myself, after reading on the forum that cantina nodes "should" have a 33% droprate I thought i was getting shafted for sure, untill i actually tracked my own droprate for a while..
    I wouldn't call it easy either, but for some reason that is how things work on the forum, it's either easy or impossible. I would call it normal, but one could get lucky or unlucky on the days that they need the drops the most. It evens out though, but that doesn't do you any good in the short term.
  • Options
    My problem is Leia... I have her 3* actually and I will need over 250 shards to get her 7*.

And I have no possibility to speed up the progress with my crystals... And that´s my bad.

ANY other characters, except of STHan has nodes, for which I can refresh my energy... but Leia doesn't and exact she is the one, who is missing.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

Not that it isn't possible that you've hit a bad streak that lasted a couple days now, but the fact that you thought it was a 10 energy node kinda makes me doubt your observational skills. I've been there myself, after reading on the forum that cantina nodes "should" have a 33% droprate I thought i was getting shafted for sure, untill i actually tracked my own droprate for a while..
    I wouldn't call it easy either, but for some reason that is how things work on the forum, it's either easy or impossible. I would call it normal, but one could get lucky or unlucky on the days that they need the drops the most. It evens out though, but that doesn't do you any good in the short term.

Lol, i have been farming so much lately my eyes are crossed, 8 10 12... all i know is....i dont get 15 -20 with only 3 refresh and the daily. I dont even pay attention to the sims either. Trust me, i dont want to spend another 200 if i dont have to, but i know the number i need to reach each day. My observation skills are fine.
  • Options
    My problem is Leia... I have her 3* actually and I will need over 250 shards to get her 7*.

And I have no possibility to speed up the progress with my crystals... And that´s my bad.

ANY other characters, except of STHan has nodes, for which I can refresh my energy... but Leia doesn't and exact she is the one, who is missing.

Hey man, i feel for you..
  • Options
    This has probably been covered elsewhere, but you guys are -right here-.... Does anyone even know when the CLS event starts?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    We don't know. There are a lot of guesses out there.
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    We don't know. There are a lot of guesses out there.

Thanks, I'm one of those people who started post-dodge meta and doesn't have Old Ben at 7*, and it took me all of about 2 hours playing this game to realize that Farmer Luke was pretty much useless (but I've been farming him all the same for just such an occasion) so I have some work to do.

• Options

You can refresh the shops... even once per day would cut the time in half... provided you have the crystals to do so.
  • Options

You can refresh the shops... even once per day would cut the time in half... provided you have the crystals to do so.
    +1
  • Options
    Old Ben is not an easy farm. Just did 3 refreshes and only got about 3-5 shards. Only at 45/80 shards and when it was announced that we would need Old Ben for Commander Luke, I was at 30-35/80. I've only gotten 10-15 shards since then. And I've been doing 2-3 refreshes each day. Plus I'm farming from node 2-F that only requires 8 energy each time instead of 6-B that needs 12 energy. RNG is NOT on my side.
  • Options
    I wonder if some toons will end up in the shard shop. Fulcrum isn't in there yet. Maybe some rebels show up.
  • Options
    ...other rebels.
  • Options
    Here's my superstition about farming OB. Don't activate him until you have to. When I was within 10 shards of 80, I had my worst droprates on his shards. After I passed the 80 needed, my droprates were back up to 33%, and I will not activate him until the goal of 330. Try it yourself and report your findings.
  • Options
    Here's my superstition about farming OB. Don't activate him until you have to. When I was within 10 shards of 80, I had my worst droprates on his shards. After I passed the 80 needed, my droprates were back up to 33%, and I will not activate him until the goal of 330. Try it yourself and report your findings.

Man, I had him at around 78/85 and used all my gained energy and a refresh and ended at 83/85. It certainly does FEEL like the drop rate gets worse whenever you're about to reach a new milestone in promotion, but I'm sure it's just that we anticipate it more....Right?.... RIGHT???
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure it's just RNG. I experienced the exact opposite, averaging 20 shards a day till i reached 83/80. I did not activate Old Ben, and got less than 10 shards today.
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    Buy more crystals to do both.

nice try CG
This discussion has been closed.