You shouldn't be able to taunt if you're stunned, right?

Right? :)

Replies

• Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah... but that'd make people mad n'stuff...
  • Options
    From a conceptual standpoint, you could be stunned momentarily in a fight but still be enough of a threat to warrant continued focus on combating you. I don't see why that can't extend to this game.
  • Options
    Just to make it clear, I'm specifically referencing GK's ability to suddenly gain taunt while stunned after one of his teammates has been critically hit. :)
  • Options
    .stun is just the toon missing their turn. Why wouldnt they be able to gain buffs....otherwise what is buff immunity for?
  • Options
    I don't want to be argumentative, @LukeDukem8, but a stunned toon looks like he/she is unconscious (totally frozen in place), hence he/she shouldn't be able to taunt.
    https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/taunt
  • Options
    No argument...just stating what a stun is (according to swgoh not oxford) ...are we basing what a stun is off the definition or what the toon looks like?
  • Options
    If a toon is stunned, a few months back they could still dodge with foresight. Thankfully this has been fixed. Agree, there are continued benefits that make sense to add to stun, including passive taunt gains while stunned (GK, RG, Baze).
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This was something mentioned for RG ages ago and still hasn't happened. I guess you could say the other teammates cause them to taunt, like they would apply stealth or other target interference?
  • Options
    GK, Kenobi, yes, but Sith Trooper also has a Taunt that does not depend of his own actions to be activated. Baze too. Grievous can also force a random ally to Taunt. There are several occurrences of that.
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    GK, Kenobi, yes, but Sith Trooper also has a Taunt that does not depend of his own actions to be activated. Baze too. Grievous can also force a random ally to Taunt. There are several occurrences of that.

Dont forget RG
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    General thinking:
    You can be stuned and draw all attention towards you. (Druguser and Enforcer)

Let's say a druguser pulls some donats out after his mate was hit hard? He is taunting after a crit. hit and he is stuned/stoned.

Yes, sounds logic.
  • Options
    Counter argument: If a toon shouldn't be able to gain taunt when stunned then should they be allowed to gain/share "other uniques/buffs/bonuses"? Per yalls argument a stunned toon shouldn't gain the taunt buff but.. should they be allowed to gain any buff? Such as offensive up? Or be able to gain the extra speed from an allies uniques while stunned?
  • Options
    It's a game.
  • Options
    If that was added, stun will be too powerful of a debuff to eliminate tanks
  • Options
    No. It's a smart balance.
  • Options
    Maybe we ask the wrong question.. the right i believe: Does stun make char ability temporary disable or not?

I believe stun (swgoh version) is char unable to move in one turn, but still have their ability active.
  • Options
    Point(s) taken. :)
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    I really don't think we want to revisit the Old Daka meta, or do we? Or even EP meta if your stun nonsense would actually take effect...
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    I really don't think we want to revisit the Old Daka meta, or do we? Or even EP meta if your stun nonsense would actually take effect...

Old daka, ep, rg, r2, Finn meta!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I guess this is logical,

But technically if your exposed a taunt should cover you.

I think we have to work a little less literal
  • Options
    If only there were some way to like fracture someone to prevent auto taunts from happening......