Asajj or Opress?

I don't particularly need either of them but I was curious about who would be more worth my while to spend my arena tokens on. I don't see either in the arenas at all but are they decent for GW?

Replies

• Options
    If you dont have Eeth Koth, go for him
  • Options
    I have Asajj and I think she's pretty good, but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    DarthVanio wrote: »
    If you dont have Eeth Koth, go for him

Why Koth? I've borrowed him before so non impressive.
  • Options
    Ripitrox wrote: »
    I don't particularly need either of them but I was curious about who would be more worth my while to spend my arena tokens on. I don't see either in the arenas at all but are they decent for GW?

I have Ventress gear 8, ready to be 7*. She is better post Buff. Opress I left at 50, though raiused to 60. Not sure which way. If you run any NS like Daka Ventress lead makes them very fast.
  • Options
    Was considering koth for the Jedi trials but I've been reading that he's not ideal for the final stage so I'm not sure I still wanna do that
  • Options
    I chose ventriss. Slow but can dispell and self heals a ton. I may do oppress next large health pool good against aoe. Self buffs when hit, but yoda counters him and he can be avoided.
  • Options
    Asajj is pretty slow. And yes - Eeth is not very impressive at all (if you don't need him for Yoda...). I have still hopes that they introduce a new toon to the arena shipments like they did with the cantina. Last time I spent all my token on Poe (to 3 and a half *) before QGJ was going to cantina :'(
    Not going to make that mistake again. So I keep a buffer that would let me buy a new toon 4 times a day straight to 7*. Also I want to see how Savages buff turns out.
  • Options
    I've seen a few Opress in GW that hit pretty hard since the patch but not enough to know if he's more worthy than asajj
  • Options
    I really like Opress now, he hits hard. Can one shot the glass cannons no problem, and if there is anyone on the other team, regardless of how much life they have (high or low health toons) he finishes them off if below 25% health and can't be avoided. I haven't faced a yoda yet so can't speak to that, but I am not sorry that I had invested in him so heavily pre buff. With sid as lead he is consitently hitting 3500 normal, and have seen him crit on his special for over 7500, many times one shotting the squishy toon.
  • Options
    Mougish wrote: »
    I really like Opress now, he hits hard. Can one shot the glass cannons no problem, and if there is anyone on the other team, regardless of how much life they have (high or low health toons) he finishes them off if below 25% health and can't be avoided. I haven't faced a yoda yet so can't speak to that, but I am not sorry that I had invested in him so heavily pre buff. With sid as lead he is consitently hitting 3500 normal, and have seen him crit on his special for over 7500, many times one shotting the squishy toon.

Was he fairly easy to gear up? I think I'll be going with him if he was. I'm a fan of decimating squish
  • Options
    It's harder to find synergy with Savage Opress than it is with Asajj Ventress, I have a *6 Opress and a *3 Ventress. They should have given Opress some nightsister synergy IMO.
  • Options
    Bar_Buryin wrote: »
    It's harder to find synergy with Savage Opress than it is with Asajj Ventress, I have a *6 Opress and a *3 Ventress. They should have given Opress some nightsister synergy IMO.

Good idea; wish devs had thought of something like that
  • Mougish
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    it wasn't bad at all, especially once you unlock some of the higher tier nodes on the gear challanges. I have him at 6*, gear VIII at lvl 66. Another note on him, with his turn meter gain, he frequently goes first for me if that kicks in if I get hit with an aoe. Makes up for his not blistering speed.

• TheFuzzyBunny
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Savage is great like he is. Mine's not even 6* and he's doing crazy thing for me in the Arena. I'm not even trying hard and I'm in the 50s.

Mine is 5* with maxed out gear.

If you run him in Arena you're pretty much guaranteed to see Sid. Sid will almost always AOE first. This will give Savage offense up. You can then comfortably do his second ability for some very high damage, and most likely kill off the toon you focused on first if you haven't already. If he kills that toon he then has the crit modifier which will really get his pain train going. With his health pool he can't be one shot out, and if the AI ignore's him he just wreaks things with the quick cool down on his second ability.

I just checked to confirm. At level 6 on his Overpower the critical up chance lasts long enough that it'll still be active by the time Overpower comes off of cool down.
  • Options
    Is asajj still slow if she leads and gives speed buff? Or is it worth the grind? She hits very hard, debuffs strong and can reset all cooldowns pretty easy...
  • Options
    I prefer Asajj personally but I began working on her as opposed to savage when he was so mediocre. She has better skills. More likely to get one shot but if she lives she reigns death....however, reading some of these opinions has me debating dusting savage off.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Opress 99999 damage skill is a trap.
    It looks great, but actually does 25% damage, at most. Vs highest HP pool in game (Barris) that's 4000 dmg. Compare to Rex's ability, which does especial damage PLUS 20%, or Resistance pilot or Finn, they do 4000+ AND a chance to expose (another 20%), plus they aren't limited to use it when target is 25% or less.

Oppress should do that vs 33% health. Currently he is pointless.
  • Options
    ^ This is not true. I've killed a Lum, still in the green, using that power. What it does do is more damage then the regular attack, around double, then if the target is at 25% or less it will guaranteed kill them, and if you kill the target regardless of what their health was you will get the critical bonus buff. If your skill is high enough in Overpower the critical buff will still be there when your overpower recharges.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    After Ventress aoe heal removal and Savage Opress buffs, i regret that i chose Ventress. Especially after the changes to speed. Now she is always attacking last. No more speed tiers. And even with her speed buff she is still slower than Opress.
  • Options
    I certainly understand that he is not actually hitting for 99999 damage, that would be unrealistic. It is not a trap though, its a sure fire death. No toon can dodge or avoid it, so it is a definitive kill shot if they are 25% or less health.
  • Options
    Ventress is I think the slowest character in the game and even with her leader buff one of the slowest. Plus I guess her group heal doesn't work now and also she doesn't de-buff some things, unless they fixed that with the group heal nerf

Savage is pretty slow but still faster than her with her buff, but he has tons of health and the buffs are cool, and he actually does damage now. He's pretty good now but maybe hard to fit in over other characters?
  • Options
    He falls in with a lot of characters that just don't mesh with anyone. Maybe they'll add that in the future some day
  • Options
    I certainly understand that he is not actually hitting for 99999 damage, that would be unrealistic. It is not a trap though, its a sure fire death. No toon can dodge or avoid it, so it is a definitive kill shot if they are 25% or less health.

It's a trap in the sense that most chars (certsinly all attackers) kill a char with 25% or less health. Most chars have 10k to 15k health. That's 2500 to 3750 damage for last 25% The 99999 is deceiving.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

It's a trap in the sense that most chars (certsinly all attackers) kill a char with 25% or less health. Most chars have 10k to 15k health. That's 2500 to 3750 damage for last 25% The 99999 is deceiving.

The 99999 is a trap. The "cannot be evaded" isn't.
  • Options
    I have both and can say without a doubt Opress is way better.He hits harder and has way more health. Definetly farm him.
  • Options
    Assaj is crazy good but most have no clue how...
  • Options
    Have both as well and benched ventress months ago. My team is 6-Kylo, 6-lumi, 7-Sid, 5-phasma, 5-oppress. Oppress does work, even before buff. But just until I get my FOTP leveled up.