State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• MmoProNick
    244 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    What else do I know? I know that there's a kozigator lurking in the waters of this thread, waiting to strike and leave his memely mark.

I dunno, man. There's a good number of you in this thread alone giving me a run for my money!

giphy.gif

After all, You're the one who inspired this meme parade.

giphy.gif

To come up with the best memes you can.

(took me like 10 edits to do this lol)
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Aren't we all entitled to informed decisions? I mean, are you really arguing for less information and pushing for guilds to make such a monumental decision as wholesale restructuring on ignorance? That's not wise at all. Of course we're entitled to informed decisions. To suggest otherwise is downright silly.
    No, it's not. I'm not arguing for less information, I'm merely pointing out that people are never happy with the level of information.
    For example, they've long since told us that TBs will reward a deeper roster. They've long-since told us that rewards will be shared equally by the guild. That's honestly the extent of the information you really need to start making your decision. Everything else is perhaps not inconsequential, but at least much less consequential.
    And let's face it. If you wait until TB is released to make your final decision, will it have a permanent impact on your play? No. Short-term, perhaps. But that's a risk v. reward system for you.
    I'm asking for clarified information on intel they already delivered, so that guilds can decide in advance the best way to prepare for this new endeavor and plot a course forward that works for everyone.
    Again, how serious of an impact will it be if you simply wait until the official release of TB before you make that decision? Not much of one. I can definitely understand that you'd prefer to plan ahead on this, and that it might make things slightly easier for some, if not all. But that's all it is. And as long as we're all in the same boat vis-à-vis the relevant information, then there's no unfair advantage going on.
    Also, it's entirely fair to assume that CG is still doing testing, and has yet to completely finalize how they want the reward structure to work, so they may be unable to answer the question in the way you want.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Oh btw, if everyone's earning equal rewards in territory battles, I'm assuming that the system's designed to keep a few max players from carrying level 40 accounts through the territory battles right? (we don't want those little ones getting a ton of free gear now do we?)

Either that, or the rewards suck
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Again, how serious of an impact will it be if you simply wait until the official release of TB before you make that decision? Not much of one. I can definitely understand that you'd prefer to plan ahead on this, and that it might make things slightly easier for some, if not all. But that's all it is. And as long as we're all in the same boat vis-à-vis the relevant information, then there's no unfair advantage going on.
    Also, it's entirely fair to assume that CG is still doing testing, and has yet to completely finalize how they want the reward structure to work, so they may be unable to answer the question in the way you want.

I would dare say it's very likely that it's exactly as you suggest, and that they are still testing. Which makes it all the more reasonable that we get these concerns aired before TB becomes set in stone and we have to wait months for the next patch after the forums do what this thread already is...because here is where my opinion diverges from yours.

You believe that waiting until release to make a decision would have minimal impact, right?

Let's assume 1/3 of the guild has underdeveloped rosters and fall under the "not pulling your weight in this" scheme. It's a harsh stance to take, but let's just look at it harshly because it's happening. Somewhere.

1/3 gets cut now and has a chance to get replenished with properly rostered players and is ready to roll immediately when TB hits. Additionally you allow those 1/3 who didn't make the cut to find a new home for themselves so they too are ready to roll.

or

1/3 gets cut when TB hits and the guild has to wait and restock the missing players then, and miss out on progress while Leaderboards develop and Arena competitive players fall behind in shards, and those 1/3 are scrambling to find a new home to play the new content and prevent even further lapses in what they have and don't have.

Extreme scenario, but a definite possibility, right?
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    MmoProNick wrote: »
    Oh btw, if everyone's earning equal rewards in territory battles, I'm assuming that the system's designed to keep a few max players from carrying level 40 accounts through the territory battles right? (we don't want those little ones getting a ton of free gear now do we?)

Either that, or the rewards suck
    They've implied that the rewards scale. So my guess is that either the battle is not intended to be "won" each time (until we seriously outgear it, far in the future), or else it's relatively unending, which means the faster you're able to defeat it, the faster you get rewards. There are several ways they can make this work.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Very excited for Hermit Yoda. I do like gear levels being locked behind 7*. Although its not easy to level up to 7* especially with the new batch of characters always going to single hard nodes, I do think that stars should have some more value in arena and this is the best way to do it. Also encourages those with a deep 7* roster for future raids.
  • Options
    MykCnoE wrote: »
    I've got 20 potential empty guild slots. Anyone interested?

That's me kicking the non participants, not the L85's leaving.

I think your doing the right thing but the problems with really powerful guilds is the military style the are run I have thought about leaving my friendly little guild because I would like to advance but I feel I'm a few teams away from helping a power guild I'm level 85 with two level 85 teams and a couple level 80 teams and working on resistance maybe a guild will want me in a month or to

Wise beyond your years...... However, the guild I currently chose to join is highish powered and pretty lax.
    landscape-1445262691-970.jpg?resize=480:*

Some supah sweet sneak peek screenies have been added to @CG_TopHat 's State of the Galaxy post, thanks to @CG_GAWS! Go give the announcement a refresh

Not nice to post Brando's personal collection on the forum anat!
  • Options

I would dare say it's very likely that it's exactly as you suggest, and that they are still testing. Which makes it all the more reasonable that we get these concerns aired before TB becomes set in stone and we have to wait months for the next patch after the forums do what this thread already is...because here is where my opinion diverges from yours.

You believe that waiting until release to make a decision would have minimal impact, right?

Let's assume 1/3 of the guild has underdeveloped rosters and fall under the "not pulling your weight in this" scheme. It's a harsh stance to take, but let's just look at it harshly because it's happening. Somewhere.

1/3 gets cut now and has a chance to get replenished with properly rostered players and is ready to roll immediately when TB hits. Additionally you allow those 1/3 who didn't make the cut to find a new home for themselves so they too are ready to roll.

or

1/3 gets cut when TB hits and the guild has to wait and restock the missing players then, and miss out on progress while Leaderboards develop and Arena competitive players fall behind in shards, and those 1/3 are scrambling to find a new home to play the new content and prevent even further lapses in what they have and don't have.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    I really hope they list who did what per stage otherwise this is going to be a nightmare trying to figure out who failed/didn't bother to attack.
  • Options
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    K_mett1 wrote: »
    Yes yes yes!

ROLO's (lol I like that name) attacks sound amazing and I hope her kit is awesome!

Also the G12 lock until that specific toon is 7* sounds...helpful...I guess that's the word. It still wouldn't effect the toons that are already powerful without stars, looking at Baze. Gotta see how this will workout.

I know what I'm looking forward to!
    w2hd7aw8hwtc.png

Guys I'd like to interrupt everyone's speculation to say that I have finally been quoted by the one and only @CG_Kozispoon my goal in life has been fulfilled.

We'll probably get some more details on how we can unlock Hoth Han Solo in order to do more unlocking...

I know the feeling!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Looks awesome, except the rebel boosting yet again is quite upsetting.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    Even in your "extreme" scenario, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the long run. All players will still have the opportunity to participate and enjoy the rewards of TB, even if they're a day, a week, a month "behind" the bleeding edge crowd.
    Make your best decision based on the information at hand, and don't sweat the small stuff.
    And just so that you understand, I don't have a problem with you airing your concerns on the forums. Because yeah, they do read these forums. And I also don't have a problem with you asking a question, hoping for a response, for the same reason.
    What really gets me is when people start throwing around attitude (which definitely seemed to be the case back when I first responded to you) with a huge sense of entitlement, demanding answers as if it's their right to do so.
    As Doris Day used to sing, "Que sera, sera... (Whatever will be, will be...)"
  • Options
    Cuzzins wrote: »
    I hope theres some good stuff for officers/leaders to be able to track participation and stuff. No point making this an everyone working together thing if we can't effectively see who is doing what, and more importantly, who isn't. At this point we can't even track daily raid tickets, hoping that gets fixed alone with some TB specific stats too.

I suggested adding % to all time stats here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125366/easier-guild-management-plz-needed/p1?new=1
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Even in your "extreme" scenario, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the long run. All players will still have the opportunity to participate and enjoy the rewards of TB, even if they're a day, a week, a month "behind" the bleeding edge crowd.
    Make your best decision based on the information at hand, and don't sweat the small stuff.
    And just so that you understand, I don't have a problem with you airing your concerns on the forums. Because yeah, they do read these forums. And I also don't have a problem with you asking a question, hoping for a response, for the same reason.
    What really gets me is when people start throwing around attitude (which definitely seemed to be the case back when I first responded to you) with a huge sense of entitlement, demanding answers as if it's their right to do so.
    As Doris Day used to sing, "Que sera, sera... (Whatever will be, will be...)"

I get it. The "rising tide lifts all ships" has been good to several of our undergeared members, and even one or two who only recently joined are already well on their way to completing GK now. Same concept applies. In raids, I don't have a problem with it, since we have the numbers at the top to easily power through.

This seems to apply an entirely different concept, and that's all we are seeking clarification on. They state 20 participating members can grant 30 people 30 shards....but a full 50 participation can grant 50 shards. That is a large discrepancy...and going on given information thus far, seems like it could unlock a great deal faster for some than for others. This is why we're concerned, along with the whole "special missions" thing for exclusive characters that not everyone will have. Which is cool and all, but how much will that work to the detriment of your guild if say, only half of your players have the special mission?

As to the attitude thing...as you can see, not everyone is as willing to engage rationally as you are. Unfortunately, I opted to respond in kind. Shrugs. It happened; it is what it is....but even when I had a tone, I maintained civility, did I not? There were no attacks. Just what you perceived to be entitlement.

I'd rather have an air of I deserve than an air of banned/redacted/censored for inconsiderate douchebaggery, or an air of just straight trolling with nothing worthwhile to add but popcorn fodder.

• Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    You like butt hurt?

To each their own, mate. I don't judge you for that. I do wonder at your continued insistence that we derail this. You've contributed basically nothing, and it's ok. I've responded. I know people like you. I am you, basically...but you're allowing me to lose my central point and the only reason I'm on this thread.

You know what they say about feeding the GIF Ducks, or Penguins, or whatever. No more bread crumbs for you, mate.

On topic: Not really sure I can contribute anything else anyway except fodder for the Michael Jackson Thriller popcorn munching entertainment folks at home.

Others have spoken their peace, I elaborated and carried it on for a few pages, and the Devs have noticed. Whether they respond or not...that's on them. You make noise, someone notices. That's the whole point of making noise; to draw attention to your concern.

Perhaps the next update will address this, and it'll be worth it if so.

If not, I'm sure we'll be back to be concerned consumers of the product.

Go ahead, toss your "bye Felicia" meme at me and have done with it mate. I think the last word is more important to you than it is to me :)

To everyone else who carried on an actual conversation with me regarding this, whether you agreed or no...I appreciate it! Respectful discourse makes the world more interesting.

Mods in here dont like trolls but i cant help it.....you wrote some nice garbage there :D:D:D
  • Mihai29
    592 posts Member
    Options
    And about the update........awesome stuff
    Cant wait to gear my characters
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    They state 20 participating members can grant 30 people 30 shards....but a full 50 participation can grant 50 shards. That is a large discrepancy...and going on given information thus far, seems like it could unlock a great deal faster for some than for others.
    Aside from the fact that it was 20 participating members can grant 30 people 20 shards (not 30 shards), I think this means that you understand enough of the situation to make a decision. Regardless, it'll all be fairly moot once everyone has a 7* Leia in this scenario, right? So your decision might make it a bit faster, but won't change the end result, which was my point.
    This is why we're concerned, along with the whole "special missions" thing for exclusive characters that not everyone will have. Which is cool and all, but how much will that work to the detriment of your guild if say, only half of your players have the special mission?
    Again, they've already stated that rewards are scaling and that they're shared equally with the guild. So you know that member participation and roster are going to be important. And you know that the rewards are G12 for your members. So you already know what's at stake, and you already can tell who your under-performers are going to be. Except for a precise quantification, what do you expect to find out to change your decision? And how do you honestly expect CG to even be able to answer that very subjective question with enough detail to satisfy you?
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My mistake on the 20/30 slip, but you did see what I was going for.

As to the rest... I don't have all the answers. I also don't have all the information. If I did, I would not be asking.

The developers have a great deal more than they have shared with us, which is obvious. I'm sure more information will be forthcoming somewhere down-the-line. That's a given. The only thing we are asking for is further illumination of that which they shared today, to alleviate the previously expressed concerns.

We understand each other, I think. I believe we just stand apart on the seriousness of it.

They obviously have an idea how it works sufficient to tease us. Their mistake was in teasing us with incomplete information that could never do anything but cause consternation amongst diverse guilds. A quick look over at Reddit and in previous pages shows that this is hardly an isolated opinion.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    My mistake on the 20/30 slip, but you did see what I was going for.

As to the rest... I don't have all the answers. I also don't have all the information. If I did, I would not be asking.

The developers have a great deal more than they have shared with us, which is obvious. I'm sure more information will be forthcoming somewhere down-the-line. That's a given. The only thing we are asking for is further illumination of that which they shared today, to alleviate the previously expressed concerns.

We understand each other, I think. I believe we just stand apart on the seriousness of it.

They obviously have an idea how it works sufficient to tease us. Their mistake was in teasing us with incomplete information that could never do anything but cause consternation amongst diverse guilds. A quick look over at Reddit and in previous pages shows that this is hardly an isolated opinion.

I believe the point of a tease is to be incomplete to get people to speculate and have fun with the idea, before everything is ready.

on one of your other points, I think in the last pod cast they said this would probably break up guilds and they are ok with that. I think they are trying to break the habits of bringing in alts or low players just for 600. but thats just speculation.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe the point of a tease is to be incomplete to get people to speculate and have fun with the idea, before everything is ready.

on one of your other points, I think in the last pod cast they said this would probably break up guilds and they are ok with that. I think they are trying to break the habits of bringing in alts or low players just for 600. but thats just speculation.

You would be correct, but if there's a podcast with stated Intentions of tearing apart guilds, then this tease was not intended to be fun so much as the start of this sundering...which is kinda devious.
  • Options
    So much more info needed to start bugging out. Everything seems to be so rebel heavy. And it looks like whats needed most is - participation. If you are in a guild that is close to Haat all the way to bored of Haat I'm sure you have a good 40 players with decent rosters, that know how to farm. We don't know anything about how it will be tiered and what Star and gear requirements there are- if any. New content yay! Original trilogy reworks that could be meta changing in arena ( Boo rebels) with more things under way. Devs communicating yay!
    I would love to join in the gif train but y'all are so good I'm happy to be a spectator.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Options
    I don't have all the answers. I also don't have all the information. If I did, I would not be asking.
    I didn't say you had all the information. I said you had enough information to make an adequate decision. Let me put it this way: you wouldn't even be contemplating cutting 1/3 of your guild unless you had enough information to suggest that doing so might be in the best interest of the remaining 2/3. That, to me, indicates that you're aware of the basics of TB enough to be able to come to a decision. There's no objective metric to decide the "best" decision here, because the decision and its consequences are all very subjective.
    And your mistake is in thinking that having complete information would necessarily lessen the consternation amongst diverse guilds, no matter how popular the opinion. To be honest, I'm not even sure I can surmise what kind of information would realistically tip your decision one way or the other.
  • Options
    I'm somewhat surprised that no one has mentioned anything about a QOL pass on guild chat, guild master tools or (raid) controls. Adding a new layer of timed, participatory events without a pass through on chat....surprising.

Certainly would be a welcome addition to have the ability to PM a guild mate, or have expanded mesaging capbilities without having to resort to Discord or having your own website.

Any thoughts?

@CG_CapGaSP
    @CG_Kozispoon
    Former Star Wars Uprising General Multiple SB Winner + Cartel Master Of The Nightsisters // Guild Master Of "Exiles Of Dathomir"
  • Options
    Edit
  • Options
    G12? Oh great! Welcome back impossible galactic war! Can't wait to face a G12 gk, G12 chaze, G12 R2D2 and G12 nihilus
  • Options
    What if we need the 5 characters in territory battle to get commander luke.. so if 50 people in a guild have all 5 of them they will get 50 shards!
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    Options
    We all dream of a team of Han Solo's, a team of Han solo's, a team of Han Solo's, at number one is Han Solo, number two-oo-oo is Han Solo, at number three is Han Solo
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Keldo wrote: »
    We all dream of a team of Han Solo's, a team of Han solo's, a team of Han Solo's, at number one is Han Solo, number two-oo-oo is Han Solo, at number three is Han Solo

Number four is Leia and number five is Leia ... A lot of Ben Solo to come.
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Keldo wrote: »

Number four is Leia and number five is Leia ... A lot of Ben Solo to come.

Don't forget Kylo Ren new version.. he should be 6th ally.