State of the Galaxy 8/7/2017 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Wow. This is going to completely tear guilds apart.
  • Options
    JaChuda wrote: »
    Wow. This is going to completely tear guilds apart.

And u'r wallet :#
  • Options
    Could we please get a gear pawn shop. I would love to be able to swap unwanted gear pieces for hololens and stun cuffs;)
  • Options
    Now that is what I call coop and guild effort ! Great concept !
  • Options
    Well I'm about to unlock GK in a couple of weeks and of course, announcement today that GXII will require 7*. The timing couldn't have been better and honestly, a lot of people that don't have GK 7* yet must be feeling the same.

• Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Why? This means people unlocking GK will have to wait several months to compete with people who already have him 7*.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    GW... I'm going to hate it for the next 6 months.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Why? This means people unlocking GK will have to wait several months to compete with people who already have him 7*.

Exactly my point. The thing is, not having GK 7* when others do doesn't mean you are slacking. It depends on which guild you landed on at the beginning of your account, how loyal you've been, when did you move to a HAAT ready team or how long it took to get your guild to complete HAAT.

All in all, you might have done much more in terms of achievements and perseverance when having GK 5* than when you just moved to a HAAT guild early and have GK 7*.

My shard if from November 2016, pretty much right after they introduced HAAT so there aren't many GK around in my arena.
  • Options

Exactly my point. The thing is, not having GK 7* when others do doesn't mean you are slacking. It depends on which guild you landed on at the beginning of your account, how loyal you've been, when did you move to a HAAT ready team or how long it took to get your guild to complete HAAT.

All in all, you might have done much more in terms of achievements and perseverance when having GK 5* than when you just moved to a HAAT guild early and have GK 7*.

My shard if from November 2016, pretty much right after they introduced HAAT so there aren't many GK around in my arena.

You are correct.

The goal for the 7* requirement will push those who have/get toons at 7* to be able to use them better in arena, and for those who does not, will have a disadvantage. Basically it add values to trying to get toons at 7*.
    829-416-931
  • Options
    more rebels, more rebels, more rebels.
    and obviously the whales will be getting huge advantage on arena. this CLS is already expensive thing, adding all those new toons now...
    all this farming is becoming unbearable, farm Shards, farm gear, farm gear, farm gear, farm more shards, farm EVEN MORE GEAR, farm tons of zetas, and now farm more shards for new toons if you wanna be competitive.
    absolutely disgusted. this isnt what gonna keep people at the game, this never-ending-farming. what gonna keep people at the game is good and fun content. i really hope TB will be fun, and not dissolve my guild.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Just means whales can push out FTP in arena, which is a sentiment I see whales express on this forum.
  • Options
    Yeah it's called "unwilling to make choices."

You've been so immensely contributory to this discussion. Please do continue to enlighten us with intelligent discourse on how else we might proceed in the wake of this.

Should we also just play the game? Shall we also wait and see? Should we never dare question our Dev Team, who in the past have absolutely addressed popular queries on confusing issues raised by their community?

Or must one be a number of the chosen few to pull their ear forward and have a whisper or a shout heard?

And nobody is unwilling to make choices. We're asking for the information to make intelligent choices. See how there's a difference?
    Yes, yes, yes.....yes and take it easy with the italics, you can lose an eye.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWv8HK-8gUValK4RkcUuhdexg3IeycifIBqOu-tquBgtTe5WET

Keyboard warriors!!!!!!
    0zDKk4d.gif
  • Options
    Yeah it's called "unwilling to make choices."

You've been so immensely contributory to this discussion. Please do continue to enlighten us with intelligent discourse on how else we might proceed in the wake of this.

Should we also just play the game? Shall we also wait and see? Should we never dare question our Dev Team, who in the past have absolutely addressed popular queries on confusing issues raised by their community?

Or must one be a number of the chosen few to pull their ear forward and have a whisper or a shout heard?

And nobody is unwilling to make choices. We're asking for the information to make intelligent choices. See how there's a difference?
    Yes, yes, yes.....yes and take it easy with the italics, you can lose an eye.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRWv8HK-8gUValK4RkcUuhdexg3IeycifIBqOu-tquBgtTe5WET

Keyboard warriors!!!!!!
    [img][/img]
    [NSv7ucR.gif

I dunno man; I dunno. Your helpful GIF game might just help though.

mg]

Good. Cause it was getting sad there for a minute
  • Options
    Sounds good but some guilds will probably be ripped apart :-/
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    more rebels, more rebels, more rebels.
    and obviously the whales will be getting huge advantage on arena. this CLS is already expensive thing, adding all those new toons now...
    all this farming is becoming unbearable, farm Shards, farm gear, farm gear, farm gear, farm more shards, farm EVEN MORE GEAR, farm tons of zetas, and now farm more shards for new toons if you wanna be competitive.
    absolutely disgusted. this isnt what gonna keep people at the game, this never-ending-farming. what gonna keep people at the game is good and fun content. i really hope TB will be fun, and not dissolve my guild.

Yeah, it's like it's becoming out of control. Either you have a plan and try to keep it, gear your 5 toons for arena and be overwhelmed by the new OP toons, or run after every toons that go out and have a bunch of unuseful gr 8 if you don't pay.
    I'm working hard on my 5* ShT to gear him to 11 (just need this Mk 6 Merr-Sonn TD that never appears in reward) and he will finally be outdated by gr 12 whales 7* ShT. Cannot wait the next 6 months by farming my one hard node ShT to get him gr 12.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Cannot wait the next 6 months by farming my one hard node ShT to get him gr 12.
    How many refreshes can you do each day @50 crystals? After I've finished farming Luke, I'm gonna spend a lot of refreshes on Baze. Was only planning to do this to 4*, but I guess I'll have to take it all the way to 7* now so probably 3-4 months.

• Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I don't see why the devs just create a seperate whale-section of the game ... a game mode locked behind a massive pay wall, where whales can frolic and prosper and evolve in all their whaley-ness. Perhaps with the added effect that once you pass the pay wall, you would be removed from regular arena. A sort of whale arena nirvana, that you can transcend to once your financial effort reaches a certain level.

If I was a whale I would really want to dominate other whales ... not the FTP players ... that's just school yard bullying, and frankly quite pathetic.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Just means whales can push out FTP in arena, which is a sentiment I see whales express on this forum.

Exactly. The whales cries have been heard. My 5* Thrawn won't be competitive anymore since only whales could have it 7* for now. Same for every hard toons like DN, ShT, Baze that most of people had 3 or 4* and are put on a single hard node.
    Top 20 will throw away F2P and small spenders too. Cannot wait to fight a 7* ShT gr 12 and a 7* gr 12 GK in the same team, each with 135k HP. Hope they'll increase the duration of arena fights.
  • Options
    Javik wrote: »
    My possible theory on unlocking Hoth Han, we know how in Ship battles we unlocked characters through "tutorial" stages, Hoth Han might be given out in a similar fashion.

Along with EP IV-VI Millenium Falcon! :o
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Cannot wait the next 6 months by farming my one hard node ShT to get him gr 12.
    How many refreshes can you do each day @50 crystals? After I've finished farming Luke, I'm gonna spend a lot of refreshes on Baze. Was only planning to do this to 4*, but I guess I'll have to take it all the way to 7* now so probably 3-4 months.

Spending refreshes on hard nodes especially those ones is for me not interesting. With your 50 crystals refresh, you also need 60 energies and that's energy you cannot spend to gear your toons (getting cuffs, guns ...).
    I mainly spend my crystals on energy refreshes to gear up my toons, or farm Old Ben shards now (which is an utopia since I would need the 3*100 to try to get him, which means I don't gear anybody in the meanwhile since all my crystals goes to cantina energy). There's something wrong somewhere ...
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    I wish there had always been a gear lvl gap based on stars and this is from a FTP player.

I see this as a positive sign, although once they introduce gear lvl 13 they need to give toons a few extra stars :)
  • Options
    Having gear 12 tied to being 7 star is a good thing as it adds value back to star ratings.
  • TroelsVastrup
    182 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Why is no one discussing this?

giphy.gif

The "#42" is fairly big, so it must be important.

1zank4zcihx2.png

The Players ranking in guild?
    Ranking of guild
    Something else?
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

... I have one concern, where are the DS heroes? Will there be new ones in territories that just are not teased yet or do we only have ls heroes to acquire?

I believe Hoth Vader is coming soon. LOL

• Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @CG_CapGaSP

... I have one concern, where are the DS heroes? Will there be new ones in territories that just are not teased yet or do we only have ls heroes to acquire?

I believe Hoth Vader is coming soon. LOL

Ins´t that the Vader, wearing a black suite and a black cape?? The one with the mask??
  • DABYX
    18 posts Member
    Options
    ZaulLover wrote: »

Yeah, it's like it's becoming out of control. Either you have a plan and try to keep it, gear your 5 toons for arena and be overwhelmed by the new OP toons, or run after every toons that go out and have a bunch of unuseful gr 8 if you don't pay.
    I'm working hard on my 5* ShT to gear him to 11 (just need this Mk 6 Merr-Sonn TD that never appears in reward) and he will finally be outdated by gr 12 whales 7* ShT. Cannot wait the next 6 months by farming my one hard node ShT to get him gr 12.

This, for me at least.
    AAs a fairly new player I am already constantly overwhelmed and missing out on everything.
    I'm very happy I managed to get EP and R2 at 5*, that suits me and I understand long term players deserve more content.

But if this is another hurdle for older players only, it's kind of off-putting. I just bought the ShT pack thinking he'll be a great addition. The first pack I bought and already feel I wasted my money.

It may turn out fine and be similar to raids but it is a concern.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Waez wrote: »
    Concerning for F2P.
    All the events lately have been tuned to extract cash from whales and dolphins (Thrawn late announcement, CLS's late and unforgiving requirements...)

This update only cements the fact that the game is taking a money-oriented turn, again.

TB will be easy for whales, and will encourage them to band together, and of course they will influence themselves and spend more.
    Everyone will now NEED a large roster, or you will be considered a weight for your guild.

The new toons will probably be meta breaking, and the whales will take the Arena back.

G12 is the same thing, and tying it to 7* is a direct insult to players.
    You can't say "We're doing marquee events to let everyone everyone use the characters" and then say "Ho but you'll need 7* to be competitive in Arena because G12 needs stars."

ESPECIALLY NOT WHEN SOME CHARACTERS ARE STILL IN 1 HARD NODE ONLY.

If you want to increase star requirements (CLS's event, G12...), you NEED to help us getting those shards decently fast.

I guess the executives realized the game wasn't making as much money as it could, and pushed for more requirements.
    Be careful though. This is a double-edged knife, and you might end up cutting yourself and losing a bunch of players, both actual and potential.

As a (mostly) F2Player, I could not disagree with your assessment more.
    I have a very diverse pool of toons, and look forward to the opportunity to use them all. I could have gotten Thrawn at 7*, but goofed up my Hera farm, but it was totally doable. The CLS requirements are VERY F2P friendly as well.
    Areana for Whales... well yeah man, they can pay for every advantage and that shouldn't surprised or shock any of us.

But more than anything else... I wanted 7*to MEAN something (especially because of the hard farms you mention), and locking g12 behind that is PERFECT imo.

I agree tottaly I'm a mostly ftp player and have all the requirements for CLS, I have one of largest collections in my guild, and believe that this will give a chance for players who have put in the time and effort to be rewarded, for there work, also those of us who farm more than meta will be rewarded no reason for top gear level not to require 7* , that's part of the reward for getting to top, I am looking forward to seeing diversity in squads using those characters that rarely have a spot to be used in, I've been tired of seeing the same 15 characters in various combos over run everything, new battles are going to be great!!
  • Options
    Perhaps I can bulid a han solo team in the future. :|
  • Options

They said, and I'll use this as just one example, that Commander Luke will unlock a special mission. What's it do? Who bloody knows, but odds are good that it pushes the guild forward in some way...be it by way of shard, currency or gear rewards or extra GP.

My guild has some lower members who won't be able to get Luke, as they are newer and don't have all the OT toons geared and such that longer members like myself have had sidelined for months. There's a real fear they'll miss out, and that's even BEFORE this info today.

I shortened quote, made this way to long if I didn't

They should see it as future rewards not missing out
    Newbies should have a chance to earn there way up, why is it wrong to reward those who have been here all along, in everything in life you earn your way up, why should newbies get to jump ahead of others start with ep and yoda earn r2 thrawn raid han gk and CLS, It isn't missing out it earning your way up the levels and rewards of game
    I have been in 3 guilds since they launched guilds and have friends in all 3 who I talk to on a regular basis, and in most guild's for heroic raids there are already minimum standards, higher ranking guild's will earn these new things faster lower level guild's will earn them as they grow if they simply hand everything to everyone what the point, if some one is that insecure in your guild maybe you should find one you are more secure in, there are always lots recruiting it will be challenge for everyone at first, it does say all get same reward not if all dont have CLS you get nothing I'm pretty sure you get more than 1 attempt over time it will just take longer for some than others there are lots of guild's with good leadership lots for various level, commit ment ,and playing style, I'm sure there will be plenty that survive, and the rest will restructure
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    swgoh4.jpg
    so now that we are getting CLS and ROLO the only toon missing is REBEL Chewbacca!

Agree 100% with this