is it possible to have diversity in swgoh?

Cloud24
206 posts Member
edited August 2017
everytime rebels meta seem to slow down they get an insane amount of more op character. We just got thrawn and he has already ton of character that can counter him solo. how long have we waited for a counter to chaze months and months. There are plenty of other faction but somehow the game must only be about rebels. we know that rebels always win in star wars like any other General movie and most them the light side win formula. But can we get diversity like more bounty hunters, more droids like droideka. we get others version of character that exist that are already there more op. I would like for once the shard to be all about diversity like star wars is plenty of species!

i love luke, lei and rebel but diversity is way more interesting!

Theses last few weeks were very fun i never knew what to expect about teams that would pop up and the arena leader were different.

this thread is not really intended as a rant but if there is no flaming in the reply can we atleast see what the community think of it?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I completely agree we need more options. I'm not against rebels or any faction, but i'm also not for any particular faction. I just want to see more toons that are viable everywhere
  • Kyno wrote: »

Where it might get 12 views and 2 comments.
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Dude there is diversity: Han Solo, Han Solo in a Stormtrooper costume and soon Han Solo with a fur jacket.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • I wish they would just create a game called Star Wars: Galaxy of Fing Dark Side Characters so people would have somewhere to complain that there are not enough Rebels... That would be cool.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    Dude there is diversity: Han Solo, Han Solo in a Stormtrooper costume and soon Han Solo with a fur jacket.

Dont forget frozen han to be released soon
  • I wish they would just create a game called Star Wars: Galaxy of Fing Dark Side Characters so people would have somewhere to complain that there are not enough Rebels... That would be cool.

+1 billion

Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy of Complaints. The premier feature would be using crystals to refresh your posts so your complaints are always #1. The profits would be astronomical.
    #justkiddingnotreally
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Diversity is there, you have rebels, rogue one, phoenix, new hope, hoth rebels ...
  • Lando used to be meta.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Diversity is there, you have rebels, rogue one, phoenix, new hope, hoth rebels ...

I'd take Chaze power x5 over Phoenix. RO Rebels should be a different faction.
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Supercat wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

I'd take Chaze power x5 over Phoenix. RO Rebels should be a different faction.

Kind of nerf Chaze :wink:

I don't find any problem with Rebels. Diversity is now there, and for now, except Chaze, Wiggs, R2, the other rebels are not so used in arena, which is for now full of Thrawn, GK and DN. The reworks are great because not OP and even without CLS, the new toons can have a place in arena.

Maybe CLS will bring new original teams in arena (without Chaze).
  • Dark_Light wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Where it might get 12 views and 2 comments.

+1 my friend, they'd diverse the rainbow out of your post.
    Imma read only mode, those thread moving smart play getting my interest dry out.
  • Why not tag the rebels with the era, rouge one, new hope, etc. Oh and work on separatists, night sisters, and there is a galactic republic, and mandalorian tag now so why do they keep going back to rebels and work on their synergies?There would be a lot more diversity I would think.
  • It's not that I'm down on Mandalorians, but I do wish they'd fix NightSisters before bringing in yet another new faction.

Separatists need a rework so that Dooku becomes a legendary adversary again - don't boost Dooku, but boost his leadership so that Separatists get better to the point of competing for the title of meta-faction. Give Sid something separatist-specific as well. Think about it: Even back in the day when there were hundreds of Jedi roaming around, the separatists managed to win tons of battles, killing hundreds of thousands of clones, quite a number of others, and a small smattering of Jedi. The Empire seems strong, but they didn't have the competition that the Separatists faced ... and the Empire *still* lost.

I'll probably never be a fan of Geonosians as characters just because the source material didn't spend much time giving them unique personalities. But I could be a big fan of Geonosians as a faction if they were more effectively incorporated into a larger, nasty Separatist faction. Really, this could be a great thing.

Then the Mandalorians, of course. Jawas and other reworks can come later, except maybe the scoundrels (of course, the Scoundrels won't be reworked until the first Han Solo prequel comes out). I prefer the Jawas being no more powerful than they are now. An ordinary squad of stormtroopers utterly destroyed a Jawa mobile fortress in a battle so inconsequential it wasn't even shown on screen, and it's too late to keep the Ewok rework reasonable, but Droids should be more powerful again. Scoundrels need a leader that makes them worth collecting, and several individuals need reworks.

Anyone I'm missing? There's lots to do before any more rebels. (I say this not because I hate rebels - rebels are the focus of the SW universe - but because I agree with the OP that diversity is good for the game.)