Mod shop vs selling mods

Why do we only get 9500 credits for the same mods the shop sells for 2.7million? This seems a bit off...just a bit...

Replies

• You don't get the same price for your car when you trade it in do you? Nope!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    No you don't.

However, the depreciation to a mod is a little out of whack with that of a car.

If you bought a car for $30k today then sold it a few days later for $500 you wouldn't feel good about the deal.

Mod shop is definitely "buyer beware". Make sure you really want that mod.
  • DarthR244D wrote: »
    You don't get the same price for your car when you trade it in do you? Nope!

That is a poor analogy. The "buyback" price of mods is 0.3% (in this case). If cars are in good condition, you get at least 50-65%.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    No you don't.

However, the depreciation to a mod is a little out of whack with that of a car.

If you bought a car for $30k today then sold it a few days later for $500 you wouldn't feel good about the deal.

Mod shop is definitely "buyer beware". Make sure you really want that mod.

This!
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    While I understand the buy back price is probably a bit low, they really can't bump it to much.

You would get millions for farming mods... Opportunity costs would be lowered severely in the mod store as people buy, upgrade and then sell mods hoping for those uber mods.
  • Why do we only get 9500 credits for the same mods the shop sells for 2.7million? This seems a bit off...just a bit...

And have u ever wonder why 2.7 million mod is like regular mod drop in mod challenge. :flushed:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Twin wrote: »
    While I understand the buy back price is probably a bit low, they really can't bump it to much.

You would get millions for farming mods... Opportunity costs would be lowered severely in the mod store as people buy, upgrade and then sell mods hoping for those uber mods.

exactly, with the amount of mods i sold, i would have had gazillions of credits if what i got for those mods was anywhere close to the modstore value
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Why do we only get 9500 credits for the same mods the shop sells for 2.7million? This seems a bit off...just a bit...

And have u ever wonder why 2.7 million mod is like regular mod drop in mod challenge. :flushed:

Exactly! How is the price justified, where's the value? I can get a 5 dot mod for 16 cantina energy, why in the world would I waste 2.7mil on that? Whatever the logic is, poor at best, that prices the sale and buyback price is ridiculous. I'm not saying buyback should be equal to sale price, but it needs to more than 9500. It's just plain chincy.