Raid Reward Suggestion - Convert it to Currency and Let Us Buy What We Need

I'm sure there are a number of posts that complain about the difficulty of getting "the right" raid gear or the apparent randomness of getting fully crafted gear vs. salvage. I'd like to propose a partial solution that seems in keeping with the spirit of gear farming in general:

For gear farmed from nodes, and by extension anything farmed from nodes, we the player get to choose what we're attempting to collect. Randomness decides whether or not we actually obtain any of it and in what quantity, but we at least have some level of say in it.

Raid rewards, as we all know, are random in both quantity (fully crafted gear, some level of salvage) and nature (what gear / salvage you get).

Would it be possible if, instead of getting gear / salvage as raid rewards, we got "raid gear credits" we could then spend on pulls from the "raid gear store". If I was looking for Rancor salvage, let's say Mk 5 Droid Callers (since I currently need a half dozen of them, but I keep getting scanner salvage), I could spend my hard-won "raid gear credits" on Mk 5 Droid Callers, and then the gods of Randomness could determine if I got fully crafted gear, a fully crafted component of that gear, or salvage used to create that gear.

I'm sure a formula could be worked out that correlated the number of "raid gear credits" to their corresponding, great, good, moderate, slight chance of getting fully crafted gear (as read from the prize box descriptions) to keep the total amount of gear obtained equivalent to the current method.

The somewhat arbitrary nature of obtaining raid gear really makes a significant difference in how quickly and if, at all, we can get past certain gating pieces of gear to get to the next gear level. Allowing us to at least select the category would really help alleviate the gear grind, particularly with Gear XII coming up.

Thank you for you consideration.

Replies

• Options
    It won't happen as it would cut the number of crystals spent on gear in shipments and therefore revenue.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It would be easier if they gave us a conversion shop were you could trade gear for gear at a specified exchange rate, including a small credit fee.

I.e 10 blue salvage for 1 purple salvage
    5 purple for 1 gold etc.

Make it 5 exchanges per day so people don't take the p*****

Also, a removal of the cap on guild gear donations would be welcome
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Reyalp wrote: »
    It would be easier if they gave us a conversion shop were you could trade gear for gear at a specified exchange rate.

5 purple for 1 gold etc.

Make it 3 exchanges per day so people don't take the p*****

Some caveats with your ideas...

1) Agree with principle but should also cost some credits.

2) 5 per day with credits would be fair.

3) Would be abused by alt accounts like you wouldn't believe.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    It would be easier if they gave us a conversion shop were you could trade gear for gear at a specified exchange rate.

5 purple for 1 gold etc.

I would love to see the last, just so that myself and guildmates could do a Kris Kringle with raid rewards and people could get what they need.
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to appropriate sub-forum: Feedback: Raids
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

5 purple for 1 gold etc.

Couldn't agree more and understand why it's not done. A guild would be 10 players with 4 alts a piece.
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    APX_919 wrote: »

5 purple for 1 gold etc.

Amended. But I don't have an issue with the alts per se - the system is already open to abuse via guild exchange anyway.
  • Options
    Wrote this 2.5 weeks, five or six HAATs later and still haven't seen a shred of the gear I need to move Biggs out of Gear X....

At least Territory Battles is coming.