Droids are ruined.

Prev1
What should I farm now that my Droids are useless? I dropped 500 ranks overnight.

Replies

• What should I farm now that my Droids are useless? I dropped 500 ranks overnight.

Go for Sidious and Dooku.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Not all servers are the same, but...
    2ahscop.png

Five minutes later:
    152gymo.png

As I said, not all servers are the same. Maybe in your server they aren't viable. But not ruined in all servers. In fact I have been #1 only twice, normally was top5. Both #1 are since patch.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Droids are good on offense like always. They are very very bad on defense though
  • Why are droids ruined? I know it's a noob post, but somebody please explain
  • Mackers wrote: »
    Why are droids ruined? I know it's a noob post, but somebody please explain

Not as unbeatable as before as Poe don't protect the glass canons that well.
  • Everyone is acting like Poe severely changed. He didnt. I have a top 20 Droid team, I am actually the lowest leveled guy in this bracket. I'm only 66 everyone above me is 68-70. My Poe is still playing his role just fine, and I haven't been pushed out of top 20. A starred up Poe still plays his role of getting a turn early, using the taunt to clear a bit of enemy turn meter, potentially exposing and soaking up the first couple hits while the droids snipe. Idk I just don't think Poe dropped dramatically. I notice a very small change and that's barely. So droids are def not useless
  • I left my hybrid droid team on defence for ~19 hours. Only dropped from 1 to 6.
  • On old servers they will get dominated by speed teams but on younger servers they should stay viable for a while. Just like Poe (thankful to be on a young server so I have some time to change some things with out getting destroyed in arena).
  • Poe's usefulness is going to depend on the team you are facing. If it has a few high dps toons that go before Poe (e.g. QGJ as leader or Rey), then it's going to be real tough. He will get his taunt off, but 2 of your guys may already be dead. And his turn meter reduction won't be as effective since the characters who already moved have a turn meter close to zero, so the 25% reduction does very little.
    If it's only one going before Poe, there is a good chance the AI doesn't target one of your guys who can be easily one-hit. Then your droids will still wreck.
  • Yes droid teams are dead. Poggie is now too much a liability to offence droids up with QJG/Yoda stealing it. Poe is losing a step with age.

Just maybe with Lobot in this new speed leader meta is there a saving chance
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Yes droid teams are dead. Poggie is now too much a liability to offence droids up with QJG/Yoda stealing it. Poe is losing a step with age.

I don't use Poe, and plan to remove Poggle. The droids themselves work. Add Geo Soldier, plan to add QGJ
  • OK I admit I over reacted. I just lost to an easy team and was frustrated. I rematched them and won so it was my fault. My server has about 6 Droid teams in the top 50.
  • Yes droid teams are dead. Poggie is now too much a liability to offence droids up with QJG/Yoda stealing it. Poe is losing a step with age.

Good point. Both hk47 and geonosian soldier can also offense up on their basic........
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, totally ruined.....

FJ7y6VB.jpgSFEMwLm.jpg57kT90D.jpg

My team is the top row, first 4 plus Poe.
  • Triqui wrote: »
    Not all servers are the same, but...
    2ahscop.png

Five minutes later:
    152gymo.png

As I said, not all servers are the same. Maybe in your server they aren't viable. But not ruined in all servers. In fact I have been #1 only twice, normally was top5. Both #1 are since patch.

And do you use Poe on offense still?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I never used Poe, not even when he was godlike.
  • Triqui wrote: »

I had also been considering a droid team without Poe. Just because he bores me and I'm a rebel like that.

HK, 88, 86, Poggle and GS then?
  • Just made my way into the top 5 for the first time and got wrecked by the #1 droid team. I still have some work to do leveling up to 70. Most of my team is between 65 and 68. I am all Jedi and Rey.
    Just made my way into the top 5 for the first time and got wrecked by the #1 droid team. I still have some work to do leveling up to 70. Most of my team is between 65 and 68. I am all Jedi and Rey.

What was the team you were facing?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Triqui wrote: »

I had also been considering a droid team without Poe. Just because he bores me and I'm a rebel like that.

HK, 88, 86, Poggle and GS then?

This is what I'm playing now. Geonosian Droid Factory :)

I want to try HK, 88, 86, Geo, QGJ too.not do thematic tho :(

The idea is to accelerate the droids up to speed 149 (Geo speed). Geo acts, he calls an assist, if the assist crits, he gets turn meter and instantly acts. QGJ can get TM when assisting with his basic too, and Geo gains TM when he crits. If you call 86 or QGJ, use assist again after that. QGJ can call an assist too. If you call HK or 88, then they AOE after assisting, and hopefully they shoot again after AOE if they crit enough.

If facing a really fast QGJ Lead team on defense, you will die because they'll target Gel at faster than 149 speed. But all teams have that problem too. Just shrug, and take hour position back on offense

Heads up to everybody: in the future, we might or might not get a Jawa engineer, that has BIG droid/jawa sinergy. So if you are bored, maybe preemptively farm Jawa or Datcha. It might (or might not) pay off
  • Hate to say I told you so, but... :D

I never once farmed a single droid. They're all too slow and too vulnerable to everything.
  • My wife's doing fine with her droid team. No Poe. Top 20
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    droids are far, far from useless and I wish people would stop complaining and moaning about droid teams, there is a guy on my server that runs hk (L), poe, 88, 86 and poggle all maxed out, hes usually always #1, and hes the only team i've never been able to beat and I run 7* fully geared QGJ (L), leia, FOTP, luminara and JC...so dont tell me droid teams are useless because thats simply not true. Even with the Poe "nerf" and taking Poe out first on the droid team, poggle will still give offense up chance, and then youre taking 11K critical hits from the droid team, i'd say they are still the best team in PVP
  • I am on a pretty old server so it is competitive. I am the only droid team in the top 40 that I know of. 3 nights ago I hit rank 2. They nerfed Poe and now it is challenging to keep top 20. I am going to keep my team going to max gear and 7* though because I think the viability will increase with maxing.
    7* 86 gear VII
    7* 88 gear VIII
    6* HK gear VIII
    5* Poe gear to 142 speed
    5* Poggle gear VII or VIII I forget.

Many of the teams above me are better starred and probably geared. I know my 86, Poggle, and Poe all get a few big power upgrades from gear. Once I get that I imagine I'll be more respectable.
  • I am on a pretty old server so it is competitive. I am the only droid team in the top 40 that I know of. 3 nights ago I hit rank 2. They nerfed Poe and now it is challenging to keep top 20. I am going to keep my team going to max gear and 7* though because I think the viability will increase with maxing.
    7* 86 gear VII
    7* 88 gear VIII
    6* HK gear VIII
    5* Poe gear to 142 speed
    5* Poggle gear VII or VIII I forget.

Many of the teams above me are better starred and probably geared. I know my 86, Poggle, and Poe all get a few big power upgrades from gear. Once I get that I imagine I'll be more respectable.

Think about adding Geo, replacing HK, Poe or Poggle, whoever you like less. I go with Poggle+Geo+3 droids, because it is fun and thematic. The Geonosian Droid Factory.
    Just made my way into the top 5 for the first time and got wrecked by the #1 droid team. I still have some work to do leveling up to 70. Most of my team is between 65 and 68. I am all Jedi and Rey.

What was the team you were facing?

86, 88, 47, Poe and poggle. They wrecked me twice now.

• Zen
    126 posts Member
    Hey I just finished sidious is ig88 still viable? I'm leaning toward him
  • Zen wrote: »
    Hey I just finished sidious is ig88 still viable? I'm leaning toward him

More so, with the massive life steal from his rat-tat-tat! You mentioned still, so basing my answer on that.
  • Zen
    126 posts Member
    Thanks
  • Here's my question.

I'm also building a Droid team, I have 6* 86, 4*88, 4*hk, 4*pog, 5* poe.

Is it worth giving up on poe and hk? I have a 5* qgj, and 6* gs that I could throw in there instead. Who would I use as leader?