Territory Battles and what we(think we)know. [merged]

Prev13456789
KueChael
930 posts Moderator
edited August 2017
A. They are going to require your whole roster
B. Certain characters/ ships will unlock battles
C. Rewards are given for the entire guild so the deeper your roster, the more you'll play.

I was thinking about this and analyzing which factions I'm weak at. Besides separatist at full strength, I have all the major factions, then the sub faction like droids or clones, I'm lacking. So if a battle hits that's clones only, I need my guild to carry me. (If I stay in my guild) . I'm not getting into any speculation they said Han will unlock Leia event, and C. Luke will be needed to unlock another. But since they said our entire roster will be needed, I'm thinking these are faction battles more then territory. I guess they want us to use the entire collection and CUP might actually get value. ( watch cup unlocks stunguns) ;)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Pretty sure droids aren't a sub-faction.... but aight.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Factions; rebels , empire, resistance,first order, republic and separatist.
    Sub factions; geonosian, droid, clone, etc.
  • Options
    What we actually know
    Luke will unlock more currency (idk if just you or whole guild)
    Han (new) will be needed to unlock leia (guild reward for all completes)
    Currency will buy gXII and Yoda (new)
    Also certain battles will allow for advantages for the run as a whole
    Can use all characters and ships (no word on star requirements gear lvl)

Everything else is speculation
  • Options
    KueChael wrote: »

Ehhh, no.
    Where are you getting this from?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenix is a sub faction within Rebels. Imperial troopers are a sub faction within the Empire faction.

Droids are NOT a sub faction. They are a separate faction of their own.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options

Clones are a sub-faction of the republic. Because they are all republic.

Droids aren't a sub-faction because they aren't all part of a larger faction. To be a sub-faction you need to be a sub-faction of another specific faction. Not sure which 1 faction the droids would be a sub-faction of....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I was thinking about this and analyzing which factions I'm weak at. Besides separatist at full strength, I have all the major factions, then the sub faction like droids or clones, I'm lacking. So if a battle hits that's clones only, I need my guild to carry me. (If I stay in my guild) . I'm not getting into any speculation they said Han will unlock Leia event, and C. Luke will be needed to unlock another. But since they said our entire roster will be needed, I'm thinking these are faction battles more then territory. I guess they want us to use the entire collection and CUP might actually get value. ( watch cup unlocks stunguns) ;)

These are bad takes.

Now, that said, I don't listen to GoH podcasts or go out of my way to look for information on other sites or boards and I hate Reddit with the passion of a bazillion blazing suns. So do we know how, precisely, these will work? I read the post and got the feeling that we would need activity tickets (or whatever we get for spending energy is called--the 600/600 bit) to start a territory battle and that one of the events unlocked would give more tickets? Am I grossly misinterpreting what they said?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

These are bad takes.

Now, that said, I don't listen to GoH podcasts or go out of my way to look for information on other sites or boards and I hate Reddit with the passion of a bazillion blazing suns. So do we know how, precisely, these will work? I read the post and got the feeling that we would need activity tickets (or whatever we get for spending energy is called--the 600/600 bit) to start a territory battle and that one of the events unlocked would give more tickets? Am I grossly misinterpreting what they said?

Not focusing on how they start, but what you might need when the individual battles occur.
  • Options
    Will the Hoth Toons, (Scout/Soldier) be needed for territory battles? Or are they just getting bonuses?
  • Options
    No idea
  • Options
    So...Territory battles are basically another GW with shared rewards and atrocious requirements ?
    I don't want to be the guy who will be kicked from his guild because he doesn't have enough toons to compete. All of this doesn't seem much player friendly to me, and i was hoping guild members will share a game experience more than simple rewards (more like what The Walking Dead app did since they already implemented such content).

Wait and see then.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    So...Territory battles are basically another GW with shared rewards and atrocious requirements ?
    I don't want to be the guy who will be kicked from his guild because he doesn't have enough toons to compete. All of this doesn't seem much player friendly to me, and i was hoping guild members will share a game experience more than simple rewards (more like what The Walking Dead app did since they already implemented such content).

Wait and see then.
    Wait and see... but it seems like a guild breaker. All the good players move up, the mediocre stay put and the weak get weaker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125525/8-7-state-of-the-galaxy-review-crazyexcuses
  • Options

Wait and see then.
    Wait and see... but it seems like a guild breaker. All the good players move up, the mediocre stay put and the weak get weaker.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/125525/8-7-state-of-the-galaxy-review-crazyexcuses

Soooo yeah.....who's recruiting???
  • Options
    So what do you guys think, will it be better to have lots of toons even if they are not geared up and only at 5 stars or to focus in particular toons and max them?

Apart from the hoth rebel scout and hoth rebel soldier, any other toon that is supposed to be required?
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What they've done here is ingenious. So many players wanna b in a guild that's stronger than they are. They wanna be carried and aren't willing to do any carrying. Always me me me. Well, times have changed.

If u can't provide your guild what it needs, u will have to find a guild more your speed, where your contributions are the equivalent of everyone else's.

Something else to mention here. Many H AAT guilds recruited ppl for 600/600 once they had it on farm just to keep the roster at 50. What makes u think...since u were just a filler anyways, that they owe u any loyalty ? U got Kenobi shards, they got tickets.

TB won't break guilds, it will balance them. If u were out of your weight class and failed to catch up, it's your own fault.

"Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can come together".
    Post edited by Poxx on
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    What they've done here is ingenious. So many players wanna b in a guild that's stronger than they are. They wanna be carried and aren't willing to do any carrying. Always me me me. Well, times have changed.

If u can't provide your guild what it needs, u will have to find a guild more your speed, where your contributions are the equivalent of everyone else's.

Something else to mention here. Many H AAT guilds recruited ppl for 600/600 once they had it on farm just to keep the roster at 50. What makes u think...since u were just a filler anyways, that they owe u any loyalty ? U got Kenobi shards, they got tickets.

TB won't break guilds, it will balance them. If u were out of your weight class and failed to catch up, it's your own fault.

"Sometimes, good things fall apart so better things can come together".

Generally right. Except the part 'it's your own fault'
    Some low guys, just started later, maybe spent more than others, but are still behind'.

But overall, well said.

And I don't know, why all just want to have everything as fast as possible, including me.
    I know guilds, who will stay together, as they did, previously. They work together, even if it takes longer than just breaking up with the guilds, forming new groups, a.s.o.

There will be maybe 15 guilds, who own TB directly after it's launched. Maybe 30-50 need a few more days or weeks.
    Others will be close, but need more time, or members.

Or maybe it is easy for every guild, which would suck, tbh.
    Achieving 7* Thrawn and R2 was already too easy, so will CLS. I just hope, TB is a tough cookie for most guilds.
  • Options

What will happen is all the top players who have invested significant time and/or money will join together to continue their progress with players of equal strength.

Once the top guilds fill up, moderate strength guilds will do the same and that will trickle down as lower and lower tiers are formed based on roster strength and activity.

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others. They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

So essentially Territory Battles will group equal skilled players together to continue their progression. Perhaps as content becomes under control top guilds will pull back and more diverse guilds will form again until the next major update.

Why do we think there is something wrong with this?
  • Options
    What will happen is all the top players who have invested significant time and/or money will join together to continue their progress with players of equal strength.

Once the top guilds fill up, moderate strength guilds will do the same and that will trickle down as lower and lower tiers are formed based on roster strength and activity.

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others. They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

So essentially Territory Battles will group equal skilled players together to continue their progression. Perhaps as content becomes under control top guilds will pull back and more diverse guilds will form again until the next major update.

Because we're supposed to have fun playing a game with other people, not enjoying elitism, ostracism and speciesism between new & old players, good & bad players, whales & casuals.
    If one has built a guild with carried ticket farmers, it's something that should be looked at but we aren't only speaking of them here.

Tbh there's already enough toxicity especially on such games to not make it even worse.
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    Options

Because what keeps many players still playing is the social aspects of the guilds. I know several in my guild that would have stopped long ago if it wasn't for socializing with and/or helping fellow guildmates.

I hope Territory Battles stress activity and participation more than all individuals having as deep of a roster as possible.

• Yesac
    362 posts Member
    Options
    @Austin09370 I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. It should have happened a while ago. It always bothered me to look around the forums and see players looking to join a HAAT guild but had 0 g11 toons. It didn't seem right to me, struggling to recruit for my guild because we weren't competing HAAT - no one wanted a Heroic pit and t7 aat guild . We needed mid-range players, but all the "top" guild alliances, with 5-20 guilds beneath them, cherry-picked anyone for their daily ticket production. People who weren't ready for HAAT got in, and guilds like mine suffered because no one wanted to wait or grow with a guild that "suited" them. I was left to picking lvl 80 and below to replace inactives.

I'm not trying to play anyone else's game. If that's what they wanted, and someone was willing to give them something they really didn't achieve by themselves, so be it. This time around, though, I don't think I will have the patience to wait a year to unlock a character, not when I have 33 g11 toons and can do 12 mill damage in the HAAT. If recruiting is going to be as difficult as it was before, I may jump ship from a guild I've been building since day one. I don't think I'm the only one. That is the only problem I see, personally. Making that choice.
  • Options

Because we're supposed to have fun playing a game with other people, not enjoying elitism, ostracism and speciesism between new & old players, good & bad players, whales & casuals.
    If one has built a guild with carried ticket farmers, it's something that should be looked at but we aren't only speaking of them here.

Tbh there's already enough toxicity especially on such games to not make it even worse.

Obviously you don't enjoy competition. Well many do. The lack thereof is why the game was getting boring for so many.

If a player chooses to play casual they can't expect to keep up and compete with those who are playing at another level. The game isn't going to slow down to accommodate the weaker player base.

If you want to play casual that's fine. You just need to play with like minded individuals.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in a guild with my friends. I've got (possibly) the deepest roster--not the best because only a few are G11, but overall the most at usable levels and the most diverse--so I just can't wait to gloat about giving them Hoth Han and Hoth Leia and making them call me Santa.
  • Options
    Yesac wrote: »
    @Austin09370 I don't think that there is anything wrong with it. It should have happened a while ago. It always bothered me to look around the forums and see players looking to join a HAAT guild but had 0 g11 toons. It didn't seem right to me, struggling to recruit for my guild because we weren't competing HAAT - no one wanted a Heroic pit and t7 aat guild . We needed mid-range players, but all the "top" guild alliances, with 5-20 guilds beneath them, cherry-picked anyone for their daily ticket production. People who weren't ready for HAAT got in, and guilds like mine suffered because no one wanted to wait or grow with a guild that "suited" them. I was left to picking lvl 80 and below to replace inactives.

I'm not trying to play anyone else's game. If that's what they wanted, and someone was willing to give them something they really didn't achieve by themselves, so be it. This time around, though, I don't think I will have the patience to wait a year to unlock a character, not when I have 33 g11 toons and can do 12 mill damage in the HAAT. If recruiting is going to be as difficult as it was before, I may jump ship from a guild I've been building since day one. I don't think I'm the only one. That is the only problem I see, personally. Making that choice.

I think those are all fair points and I believe there will be many in your same situation. However, the new game mode will require everyone to participate, therefore you should have better luck recruiting players who are of similar strength to your guild. At the same time, it's definitely a decision to consider if you want to join similarly leveled players. You might enjoy it!
  • Options
    I'm in a guild with my friends. I've got (possibly) the deepest roster--not the best because only a few are G11, but overall the most at usable levels and the most diverse--so I just can't wait to gloat about giving them Hoth Han and Hoth Leia and making them call me Santa.

That's another point that I think is being overlooked. The guys who have deep rosters whose characters aren't top of the line (gear XI), but usable may be able to contribute more in this new game mode then those who are top heavy with only gear XIs and not a lot of depth.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

That's another point that I think is being overlooked. The guys who have deep rosters whose characters aren't top of the line (gear XI), but usable may be able to contribute more in this new game mode then those who are top heavy with only gear XIs and not a lot of depth.
    Yuuuuup. The goal with content released from Tournaments onwards has been to reward and incentivise deep and ecclectic rosters. They said someplace else that Territory Battles are very much in-line with this goal.
  • Options

The players that will suffer are the ones who are very casual and go about the game with no rhyme or reason. They are use to being carried by others.
    They can band together, but their level of achievement will be significantly lower as it should be. Participation rewards do not need to exist in this game nor is new content focused on those still struggling to complete existing content.

Actually, they won't suffer at all, as they are not really trying to be competitive. Those players you're describing will likely be oblivious to the rewards...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options

I tend to agree with this... The strategy could be a guild's lower powered members will be tasked with taking their moderate, 3-5* toons into the earlier battles while the stronger rosters are saved for the later ones. If this is just a zerg fest, I would be surprised.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options

Yuuuuup. The goal with content released from Tournaments onwards has been to reward and incentivise deep and ecclectic rosters. They said someplace else that Territory Battles are very much in-line with this goal.
    This would be very good IMHO. As long as requirements on star and gear levels are not excessive, weaker members of the guilds may develop faster than they can on HAAT squads. Event-scaled battles, like g7-9 on most, is quickly in the range of possibilities (compared to g10-11), and starring a character to 5* only takes half as many shards (even less) as a 7*.
    If their guildmates can quickly follow up on a good amount of secondary teams, many veterans and whales could see as their best interest to stay in their guild. It will all depend on the difference of rewards between a "full" TB and a "partially done" TB, and we'll only know that parameter once they start. So any recruitment done for TB right now might not be in the best interest of anyone.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Unles your in a guild with partial participation. Then you might want to switch.
  • Options
    The difference being is time. Are you willing to go to another guild to get something faster. Or is your guild willing to wait for some players to farm up. This is based solely on players that are active but do not have deep rosters.
    As a recruiter - the forums are going to be crazy lol
This discussion has been closed.