What f2p Rogue One toons are you using nowadays

I have them all except Baze and I am completely F2P. I don't really know who is good except chaze. If anyone could give me some pointers it would be much appreciated.

Replies

• Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Since all this rebel rework news came out I've been playing around with Jyn lead... it's really pretty solid and I think will only shine more once the reworks are live (and Luke comes into the picture)

I also like Cassian a lot... his debuffs are great for either Jyn or Luke led teams... and that debuff stack with all the exposes is just nasty under Jyn.

I think Pao has some potential in a Luke team... the defense down syergizes well with him.

K2 is pretty strong in the right setup... haven't played him too extensively... but he's been annoying to fight in some GW battles on a well made R1 team

Who's left?

Bistan is goon for raids in some teams... otherwise he is somewhat lackluster...

I have pretty much no first hand experience with Body Rock (Bohdi Rook)... him TM abilities look *ok*... but I don't think he really offers anything that spectacular

... and then Baze of course :(
    Never used them...

That's my feedback! :)

I think I'm gonna run Jyn (L), Cassian, Old Ben, Raid Han & either Leia or R2 for a bit and see how they do... Once Luke arrives ill work him in there somewhere.

Or maybe I'll go a totally different direction... who knows? ;)
  • Smapty wrote: »
    Since all this rebel rework news came out I've been playing around with Jyn lead... it's really pretty solid and I think will only shine more once the reworks are live (and Luke comes into the picture)

I also like Cassian a lot... his debuffs are great for either Jyn or Luke led teams... and that debuff stack with all the exposes is just nasty under Jyn.

I think Pao has some potential in a Luke team... the defense down syergizes well with him.

K2 is pretty strong in the right setup... haven't played him too extensively... but he's been annoying to fight in some GW battles on a well made R1 team

Who's left?

Bistan is goon for raids in some teams... otherwise he is somewhat lackluster...

I have pretty much no first hand experience with Body Rock (Bohdi Rook)... him TM abilities look *ok*... but I don't think he really offers anything that spectacular

Never used them...

I think I'm gonna run Jyn (L), Cassian, Old Ben, Raid Han & either Leia or R2 for a bit and see how they do... Once Luke arrives ill work him in there somewhere.

If tried jyn(L) cassian, k2so, chirrut, and the pathfinder.
    I would be willing to ditch the pathfinder asap but I like him just fine with the self revive.
    It's between pao and bohdi, I have them both but I would need to upgrade them all a lot.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »

Who's left?

Never used them...

I would be willing to ditch the pathfinder asap but I like him just fine with the self revive.
    It's between pao and bohdi, I have them both but I would need to upgrade them all a lot.

If you're using Chirrut then you might as well use Baze...

I would never advocate this however because it's just too cliche and doing something interesting would be way more fun...

For that core of Jyn, Cassian, K2 I would add Old Ben (second tank to make your team more annoying... and those debuffs bring more chances for exposes) and either raid Han (first turn stun, buffs for protection gain with Jyn zeta, solid damage), Leia (for straight damage essentially) or R2 (for more utility and potential cleanse & boosted overall performance with zetas)

I'm really looking forward to messing around with these rebels for a bit... I've been running empire and primarily dark side characters for quite a while now.

Lots of new fun stuff to play around with :)
  • Kassian and SRP, along with Wiggs
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."

Who's left?

Never used them...

I would never advocate this however because it's just too cliche and doing something interesting would be way more fun...

For that core of Jyn, Cassian, K2 I would add Old Ben (second tank to make your team more annoying... and those debuffs bring more chances for exposes) and either raid Han (first turn stun, buffs for protection gain with Jyn zeta, solid damage), Leia (for straight damage essentially) or R2 (for more utility and potential cleanse & boosted overall performance with zetas)

I'm really looking forward to messing around with these rebels for a bit... I've been running empire and primarily dark side characters for quite a while now.

I don't have baze, or r2 but I will try out leia and old ben
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member

Who's left?

Never used them...

The thing that's nice about Leia is she often spams the crit chance buff when she attacks... and will do it even more with her rework. Every time it procs its 5% protection for your team with a zeta on Jyn... so potentially 15% protection regen (in a perfect scenario) when she attacks...

On offense you can boost Old Ben's TM with a super fast Jyn and have him lay down mind tricks right off the bat.. giving TM reduction, ability block, offense down and possible exposes to the other team.... giving your team the opportunity to move first and start the snowball rolling

Might not be so great on defense... but nothing is really

Who's left?

Never used them...

The thing that's nice about Leia is she often spams the crit chance buff when she attacks... and will do it even more with her rework. Every time it procs its 5% protection for your team with a zeta on Jyn... so potentially 15% protection regen (in a perfect scenario) when she attacks...

On offense you can boost Old Ben's TM with a super fast Jyn and have him lay down mind tricks right off the bat.. giving TM reduction, ability block, offense down and possible exposes to the other team.... giving your team the opportunity to move first and start the snowball rolling

I will have to try that. Thanks for your help.

Who's left?

Never used them...

I usually make something like that on Offense. I have a fast Jyn, so she gives 100% TM to Rex, he spam tenacity, and then i have 5 turns before opponent. This work pretty well with DN and Palpatine.
  • Counts
    69 posts Member
    how do you unlock Jyn?
  • tharduskafka
    474 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Jyn is in the guild store. I run Rogue One on my alt account. They definitely need Baze or another Dispeller as their whole kit is based around debuffs and expose.

It's too bad there isn't another leader in the group, but I guess if you used Jyn, with SRP, Cassian and two attackers with good DPS like Wedge, Biggs, Fulcrum or Lando it could work.

Also, Old Ben looks like he would be great with Jyn, since she can revive him. And SRP could be good under CLS since he gives TM on his basic.

Edit: Didn't see Smapty's post. Old Ben definitely seems like the way to go, if you can go first and use ability block, then you could hopefully keep the cleanses stunned or keep removing their TM.
  • Rogue one mechanics is pretty much impaired by all of these Rex and cleansers team.
    A chaze is what you should be looking at since they're bread and butter of rebels now, dispell, tank, heal, cleanse and some punch.
    You may cry when facing a StHan though, this TM loop when Baze is shooting at him is...well... you don't want to know !

If you can't apply properly your debuffs you're pretty much screwed since this kind of team won't deal enough burst and won't survive long either, key characters are quite fragile.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Without Chaze you would need either a fast tank or a passive tank. Passive tank can be the duo R2 + K2. A fast R2 to smoke screen K2 and when he takes his first damage, he'll then taunt. Fast tank can be done by Chopper taunting before K2 (and Chopper also dispels).
    Cassian is very good and is one of my preferred toons (especially for Rancor). He debuffs a lot, hit hard and has synergy with K2.
    Some teams based on Rogue one can be good such as:
    Jyn(L), K2, Cassian, R2, Ezra.
    Jyn(L), K2, Cassian, Chopper, Chirrut/Sabine
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Jyn, cassian and bistan to solo the rancor
    458.png
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • So jyn lead, cassian, chirrut, k2, and old Ben.
  • Just 7 starred Bodhi, going to try a solo run with Wedge (L), Biggs, Jyn, CLS, and Bodhi. his evasion down, plus tenacity and speed down from CLS, will make hits on rancor almost unavoidable. Theoretically.
  • SolariJedi wrote: »
    Just 7 starred Bodhi, going to try a solo run with Wedge (L), Biggs, Jyn, CLS, and Bodhi. his evasion down, plus tenacity and speed down from CLS, will make hits on rancor almost unavoidable. Theoretically.

There will still always be a 15% chance to resist TMR no matter who you drop in the pit.
  • I run jyn(L) Cassian k2 Zeb and boba. Zeb is a pretty unpopular toon but he fits pretty well into that team, I stack him with offense bc I don't need him to tank although with all the exposes his low damage stops being an issue. His true potential shows up with just how much control of the battle you have with this team.

I stack Jyns speed so she goes first and steals tm and possibly stuns, then Cassian shock grenades and throws debuffs and exposes like confetti while gaining tm in the process meaning him and Jyn now have at least 80% tm again. Boba goes next for ability block or to dispel an autotaunt. Then k2 uses his assist with Cassian dazing someone. Then Zeb goes and now he has his pickings of who to stun with exposes and daze being all over the field, or if someone somehow doesn't have expose or daze his special inflicts stagger which Jyn is quickly able to follow up on since she stole tm
  • I run jyn(L) Cassian k2 Zeb and boba. Zeb is a pretty unpopular toon but he fits pretty well into that team, I stack him with offense bc I don't need him to tank although with all the exposes his low damage stops being an issue. His true potential shows up with just how much control of the battle you have with this team.

I stack Jyns speed so she goes first and steals tm and possibly stuns, then Cassian shock grenades and throws debuffs and exposes like confetti while gaining tm in the process meaning him and Jyn now have at least 80% tm again. Boba goes next for ability block or to dispel an autotaunt. Then k2 uses his assist with Cassian dazing someone. Then Zeb goes and now he has his pickings of who to stun with exposes and daze being all over the field, or if someone somehow doesn't have expose or daze his special inflicts stagger which Jyn is quickly able to follow up on since she stole tm

I'll try that to