Who's going to be better... CLS or GK?

So looking at CLS's kit.. do you think he's going to surpass GK?

Replies

• DN
    Thrawn
    CLS
    GK
    R2D2

My prediction for top 5 toons.
  • ClS without a doubt.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Dretzle
    716 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They fill different roles. Hard to say, yet, if one is "better" than the other or not. Just like you can't necessarily compare DN and GK. One annihilates, the other protects. One has a debuff dispel, the has a cleanse. One can increase cooldowns, the other can call for all buffed characters to attack.

Personally, I like both. :)
  • Gebuttersnaps
    478 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Luke is one of the most versatile and powerful characters we have released, and can be used in any group in Squad Arena, Raid, Assault Battles, or various other PVE squads.

Can't argue with that.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Cls raid Han leia r2 with number crunch Thrawn go dangerous no tank lol probably safer to sub obi wan or Gk in for leia
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    They fill different roles. Hard to say, yet, if one is "better" than the other or not. Just like you can't necessarily compare DN and GK. One annihilates, the other protects. One has a debuff dispel, the has a cleanse. One can increase cooldowns, the other can call for all buffed characters to attack.

Personally, I like both. :)

This. However, CS will do a decent job as a pseudo tank in addition to being a great attacker. Can't wait!
  • Definitely luke. He's giving rebels 50% counter chance as his leader, plus he hits for insane damage and is essentially a tank himseld
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @STRIKEBOMB I think Luke as leader is good, but not if u are thinking about rebels counter-attack strategy, because zMaul will go first and daze everyone.
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @STRIKEBOMB I think Luke as leader is good, but not if u are thinking about rebels counter-attack strategy, because zMaul will go first and daze everyone.

Unless you have raid han. Pushes them back a turn. Of course, that's on offense

Assuming also it's a full sith zaul team
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kissycat wrote: »

Unless you have raid han. Pushes them back a turn. Of course, that's on offense

Assuming also it's a full sith zaul team

Ignoring taunt doesn't help you hit a stealthed zaul.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Doesn't the "Cannot be evaded" take care of that? :/

• ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Nope. If a zaul team runs one non sith, you won't be able to target sith assassin and stall their first turn.
  • Thrawn is the best still imo. Alongside DN
  • Kissycat wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Nope. If a zaul team runs one non sith, you won't be able to target sith assassin and stall their first turn.
    Very good point, thanks. :)
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »

But there will either be Kenobi or chirrut on the team so daze won't matter
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Definitely luke. He's giving rebels 50% counter chance as his leader, plus he hits for insane damage and is essentially a tank himseld

I think its pretty close...probably really boils down to squad synergy.

Seems pretty balanced to me in a lot of ways...Gk gives 100% counter sometimes and CLS 50% all the time. GK cleanses and hands out buffs, while Luke debuffs and removes buffs. Luke probably does more damage averaged out over multiple rounds, but GK probably can bring more pain in a single turn with his group hug.

Really the main difference seems to be GK taunts while Luke requires R2 to be a psuedo tank. Seems to me like Luke will be far more useful in offense mode and his defense mode is just an oh crap for if/when your primary tank dies or if you initial taunt gets dispelled quickly and you have R2 around to stealth.

I'm kinda curious to see the stats on CLS when they release him though...I'm kinda expecting him to be on the slow side. Seems like they put quite a few TM mechanics into ANH squad, where they obviously want Luke to be played, and I'm really hoping CLS doesn't turn into plug and play into Wiggs/Chaze squad and win the game, because I'm already sick of seeing so many Wiggs/Chaze in so many arena squads lol.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »

But there will either be Kenobi or chirrut on the team so daze won't matter

Daze then AoE cooldown increase by DN could shut them down.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    @Widget_gadget, CLS looks like a BEAST. Literally cannot wait.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • xNine
    82 posts Member
    I still believe GK is better. I'm surprised so many people believe CLS is, while CLS is definitely better for raids and a better attacker, overall GK is better.

GK:
    -Gives foresight to himself and allies (on a basic!!!)
    -Auto taunts like royal guard
    -Dispel all allies that grants buffs
    -Grant all allies retribution (no other character does this. Nearly nullifies CLS lead)
    -Call allies to assist

GK can do more damage calling everyone to assist, is a great protector by auto taunting, by granting foresight, and dispelling everyone and granting the opposite debuff, and gives any and everyone counter attack.

CLS in my opinion many times easier to unlock (we're handed a 7* character) than GK anyways. It's meant to be that way for reason.
  • Was kind of surprised by his stats...thought he'd be slower and more tanky.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Definitely luke. He's giving rebels 50% counter chance as his leader, plus he hits for insane damage and is essentially a tank himseld

CLS has only 40k HP whereas GK has 60k HP. CLS is far to be a tank and is designed to be an attacker where all the new attackers have such HP.

CLS is the perfect Rebel leader but GK is more versatile and can be used, and is used mainly as a tank where his lead is just dedicated to himself since he's most of the time accompanied by non-jedis/clones toons.
  • Was kind of surprised by his stats...thought he'd be slower and more tanky.

Luke is one of the fastest people in Star Wars lore, so I'm more surprised his Farm Boy version was so low (but then again his force hadn't "awakened" yet) just wait till JKL drops, he'll be faster, hit harder combo with Rebels and Jedi (who will have their reworks) and just be a straight OP powerhouse. I can't wait to use JKL, CLS, GK, Mace & Yoda (or Ezra)