Content update 8/9 [Mega]

Replies

• I brought it twice and got 12 Old Ben shards both times. Every shard is helpful right now for me so I didn't mind the 24 shards...
  • dasu22 wrote: »
    For all those wondering about gear levels.. Look like last tier is lvl85/g9.. https://swgoh.gg/db/events/luke-skywalker-heros-journey/

Thank you for this
  • Honestly, I want to buy the Farmboy pack...but I am at 51/100 on him. With the ability to get him on an early Cantina node as well as a hard battle (now with the ability to do it 5 times instead of 3) and his appearance in the Guild Store I know I will get him..but I want CLS as soon as he's available in less than 3 hours..
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Ender22 wrote: »
    IMO, zeta order will go, both R2 abilities, Luke Leader ability, Han, OB, then the other Luke abilities
    I like Luke's lead in raids. And vs Rex / zyoda teams, I think his other 2 are more valuable with R2 fully zeta'd. The strategy be hind Luke would be to put tenacity and potency mods on him.
    Tenacity because his binds all things adds 5% health and protection for every resisted effect.
    Potency when he inflicts a debuff, he gains 10% and all Rebels gain 5% TM.
    All his other abilities are awesome. Paired with Rebels like R2, Leia, Raid Han and Ezra. The attacks will come fast . Need a taunt. Add K2 for Ezra. Remember, most teams will be running zzzluke on the top. His counters will be zarris. Because Rebels rely heavily on crit hits.
  • Leia is the only character I need, and I don't know if I can 7 star her in time or not. If the event runs 2 weeks, I can. One week, I can't. But a 1/4 chance of getting what I need for that price is not appealing....
  • Honestly, I want to buy the Farmboy pack...but I am at 51/100 on him. With the ability to get him on an early Cantina node as well as a hard battle (now with the ability to do it 5 times instead of 3) and his appearance in the Guild Store I know I will get him..but I want CLS as soon as he's available in less than 3 hours..

Be patient if your that close.
  • i only need old ben (51/65 so far which means 199 shards left) .... and depending on how long the event is i probably wont get CLS.

i would get the packs but they probably will give me anything but old ben with my luck... along with my luck it would be 330 shards for everyone but ben

Be patient if your that close.

I know, I'm going to be patient lmao..but I really want CLS :(
  • Anyone who opens these pack minds sharing theirs experience?
  • 1 pack - 12 STH shards
  • Luke is 7 day event, confirmed ingame, gotta do packs
  • I've boght $50 worth of packs as I need leia shards bad, I only got 10 leia shards. Everything else was 10-15 shards of Luke, old Ben, or STHan
  • Where in game?
  • I've boght $50 worth of packs as I need leia shards bad, I only got 10 leia shards. Everything else was 10-15 shards of Luke, old Ben, or STHan

This is why I refuse to buy packs. I'll buy crystals, but that's it. Honestly, I gave up on CLS the moment I heard the requirements.
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    I've boght $50 worth of packs as I need leia shards bad, I only got 10 leia shards. Everything else was 10-15 shards of Luke, old Ben, or STHan

This is why I refuse to buy packs. I'll buy crystals, but that's it. Honestly, I gave up on CLS the moment I heard the requirements.

Each pack yielded 10-15 shards of a single toon. That wasn't my combined total...but still
  • ponce104 wrote: »
    I've boght $50 worth of packs as I need leia shards bad, I only got 10 leia shards. Everything else was 10-15 shards of Luke, old Ben, or STHan

Each pack yielded 10-15 shards of a single toon. That wasn't my combined total...but still

This these crystal pack suck too much rng too them.
  • Güd
    21 posts Member
    Melvil wrote: »
    So the way we can get more shards for the characters needed for Comander Luke that you promised is Bundles and Packs??? No double drops? No Shard Shop? Thank you a lot CG....you managed to disappoint me once again :)

same here fam
  • 10-15 shards of the one toon you already have...garunteed. lol
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    10-15 shards of the one toon you already have...garunteed. lol

lol I know but it's the only way I'm going to 7* leia. With a top 10 arena finish everyday, I'll come up 10 or 20 shards short
  • I guess come last day if I want luke I'll have to buy a vault. Ugh a lot of cash for shard shop currency lol.
  • Starts in August... ends in August!
  • Güd
    21 posts Member
    ive been aggressively farming old ben for the past 4-5 days, only to find out the event is out now and will likely finish in a week. whats the point? does anyone else think these big events should have clear date indicators, so people know whether to aggressively farm or to hold back untill the next one? i even sank money (something I havent done before) into crystals for refreshes. now my moneys been wasted because im not going to be able to do it in time. thanks a lot.

Yeah I agree, dude. From my perspective as a F2P player, they need to let us know a few months in advance. It take a while to get these characters up to par, but you know, CG doesn't like to communicate well with their community so it's not that surprising honestly. It's just frustrating.
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I hear you man...if it really is a 7 day event, i might just bail. I dont want to spend a vault for a 1/5 chance at 10-15 shards (on average) of the toon i need (ob).
  • Güd
    21 posts Member
    And the salt begins.

Buy a pack or continue farming. Why would they make their packs irrelevant? Sill people believed double drops to begin with.

I laugh every time I see a pack that I want to actually cough my money up for, and then I realize I can only buy it once....
  • I could have sworn somewhere they said we would have all month. I started with 0 leia shards, and didn't start the farm until I saw how op his kit was, so I lost a couple days, but still thought I would need an 80 shard pack. Then when the 13 days on the packs hit I started freaking out. I'm sitting on 29/85 now. I still need 156 shards in 13 days. Or 12 a day. I can get 10 a day from arena and an extra 5 every 3 or 4 days I think.

So I'm looking at about 145 of the 156 I need. I really hate to spend that much money to try and finish the farm when I could get about 10 pieces of gear for that.
  • Sorry to hear man, but good luck.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Güd wrote: »
    ive been aggressively farming old ben for the past 4-5 days, only to find out the event is out now and will likely finish in a week. whats the point? does anyone else think these big events should have clear date indicators, so people know whether to aggressively farm or to hold back untill the next one? i even sank money (something I havent done before) into crystals for refreshes. now my moneys been wasted because im not going to be able to do it in time. thanks a lot.

Yeah I agree, dude. From my perspective as a F2P player, they need to let us know a few months in advance. It take a while to get these characters up to par, but you know, CG doesn't like to communicate well with their community so it's not that surprising honestly. It's just frustrating.

They did give you a few months. Now if you expect a few months with exact details i dont know what to tell you. There's not much point to an elite charcter if they let everyone know that far in advance.
  • MCThr33pio
    275 posts Member
    edited August 2017

The way I see it, there's too LITTLE rng in these packs. They say 10 to 330 shards, but does ANYONE EVER get more than 15?

I agree with other people, these packs are jokes - just buy crystals and use them to refresh the nodes you're farming.

• MCThr33pio wrote: »

The way I see it, there's too LITTLE rng in these packs. They say 10 to 330 shards, but does ANYONE EVER get more than 15?

I agree with other people, these packs are jokes - just buy crystals and use them to refresh the nodes you're farming.

Works for old Ben or luke, not for leia
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    I thought it was more well known that the packs are awful and not worth the crystals...