Thoughts on Boba Fett?

Nbeach7
10 posts Member
edited February 2016
I got Boba in a bronze pack back when I was Level 15-20 so at the time I thought he was really good because he was also a 4* character. Now that I'm a moch much higher level I'm questioning his value to my team. I got QGJ back around the time I got Boba but that was before we could farm him so I Havnt done anything to him besides level him up. So I was wondering if I should be farming Boba or QGJ from Cantina. Also as a side note I farmed Ahsoka Tano to 3* then stopped and through the rest of the discussions everyone says Poe is so good so should I be farming
Boba
Poe
QGJ
Or Ahsoka?

Replies

• FWIW, I have a 5* level 60, fairly geared-up Boba that is for some reason the squishiest guy on any team I put him on (usually I run him in tank challenge and some GW). I was hoping for more, seeing "tank" in his classification.

Maybe someone else can comment more on how he plays at higher levels but that's my observation.
  • I really want to try him with my 7* Lando and Leia. I haven't had time however to level them both up to a standard but I imagine it's crit city!
  • D_Millennial
    847 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Underpowered. Cool animations.
  • I have at 5 stars and purple gear. I used hime from quite sometime with phasma lead, boba, kylo, sidious, and switched the 5th around with poe, lumi. As an aoe team he did well. But alone, he is very squishy, going against him, I usually save him for last cause he isn't too dangerous on his own. And he is slow as hell. So I eventually took him out of my team(pvp) havent used him in a long time.
  • I scour this forum everyday for Boba talk and advice. Against the overwhelming consensus of his underwhelming performance, I will continue to max him and hope for the best in meta shifts and game updates. I am mostly FTP (bought a couple crystal chests to speed my progress). I hover from 50-60 on my server, never below 50 yet unfortunately. Bottom line is that he's too slow, doesn't pack a punch and his Revive is useless. On the other hand, his AOE with block is surprising helpful. Below is what I've been running:

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

I've been swapping Lead and working in QGJ 63 7* G7, trying to find the right mix. And I've been hoping to do something with 86 and Anakin (long term project).

Any input is greatly appreciated, and perhaps my summary will be helpful for Fett fans.
  • CWent wrote: »
    I scour this forum everyday for Boba talk and advice. Against the overwhelming consensus of his underwhelming performance, I will continue to max him and hope for the best in meta shifts and game updates. I am mostly FTP (bought a couple crystal chests to speed my progress). I hover from 50-60 on my server, never below 50 yet unfortunately. Bottom line is that he's too slow, doesn't pack a punch and his Revive is useless. On the other hand, his AOE with block is surprising helpful. Below is what I've been running:

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

I've been swapping Lead and working in QGJ 63 7* G7, trying to find the right mix. And I've been hoping to do something with 86 and Anakin (long term project).

Any input is greatly appreciated, and perhaps my summary will be helpful for Fett fans.

It looks like if you take Geo out, that's a kitty cat without claws :(
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CWent wrote: »
    I scour this forum everyday for Boba talk and advice. Against the overwhelming consensus of his underwhelming performance, I will continue to max him and hope for the best in meta shifts and game updates. I am mostly FTP (bought a couple crystal chests to speed my progress). I hover from 50-60 on my server, never below 50 yet unfortunately. Bottom line is that he's too slow, doesn't pack a punch and his Revive is useless. On the other hand, his AOE with block is surprising helpful. Below is what I've been running:

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Boba best things are the leadership, his AOE, and resurrection chance. So try to use him with units that benefit greatly from his crit damage (for example 86 has huge crit chance, el does Luke, or Nightsister Initiate). Use him in AOE heavy squads (like Sid, Kylo, 88, HK47, Anakin, Ventress, etc). Or force the enemy to attack him and waste attacks while he rez. Like with Kylo, Fives, Ben Kenobi, Savage, hk47, etc (dudes you dont want to attack)

That's what I thought right off the bat. Hope it helps.
  • Triqui wrote: »

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Boba best things are the leadership, his AOE, and resurrection chance. So try to use him with units that benefit greatly from his crit damage (for example 86 has huge crit chance, el does Luke, or Nightsister Initiate). Use him in AOE heavy squads (like Sid, Kylo, 88, HK47, Anakin, Ventress, etc). Or force the enemy to attack him and waste attacks while he rez. Like with Kylo, Fives, Ben Kenobi, Savage, etc (dudes you dont want to attack.

He will be much more viable at lvl 80 when his leader ability gains +10% critical chance.

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

You are correct sir

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

You are correct sir

Good news is you can easily level up ig 86 and replace Boba and you have something.

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

You are correct sir

Good news is you can easily level up ig 86 and replace Boba and you have something.

• Triqui wrote: »

Phasma L 63 5* G7
    Geo 63 5* 63 G7
    Sid 63 7*G7
    Lumi 63 7*G7
    Boba 63 7*G7

Boba best things are the leadership, his AOE, and resurrection chance. So try to use him with units that benefit greatly from his crit damage (for example 86 has huge crit chance, el does Luke, or Nightsister Initiate). Use him in AOE heavy squads (like Sid, Kylo, 88, HK47, Anakin, Ventress, etc). Or force the enemy to attack him and waste attacks while he rez. Like with Kylo, Fives, Ben Kenobi, Savage, etc (dudes you dont want to attack.

He will be much more viable at lvl 80 when his leader ability gains +10% critical chance.

I was not aware of the Crit chance at 80. That is excellent news.

I am hoping that a long term grind for Anakin will be a good addition to an AOE squad around Fett in the future. As an aside, I obtained Anakin with the new Jedi pack for Yoda. Funny thing is that I did not intend on following the herd for the green master. I've maintained a counter culture stance, avoiding trends like Poe, FOTP etc or spending $ in general. However with a proclivity for Liam Neeson and a love for all things Vader (unfortunately including his younger forms in film) coupled with too many beers Monday night after the wife and kid were tucked away, I arose Tuesday morn with a hanger over and $60 less in my account, harkening to inglorious college days, waking up in a haze with the realization that you bought a round of beers for the bar and left with a 10 at 2 but a 2 at 10. Reading poor reviews of the great master only furthered my disgust with the nights inhibitions. Net result... I'll work through my poor life choices and hopefully incorporate the garbage thespian Ani into my game plan moving forward.

• Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Heads up, if you choose to invest in him, it'll be the mistake of your swgoh life. Absolutely worthless after level 55ish. I have him sitting 6 star lvl 60, never going to bother lvling him, already wasted precious cantina shipments on him from 0 to 6 star, **** me off thinking about it.
  • Heads up, if you choose to invest in him, it'll be the mistake of your swgoh life. Absolutely worthless after level 55ish. I have him sitting 6 star lvl 60, never going to bother lvling him, already wasted precious cantina shipments on him from 0 to 6 star, **** me off thinking about it.

More info please? Why do you feel so?
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    He is slow and damage is super bad. Not what you want in this meta.

Edit: I was a newbie and I had noobs telling me "he is good, his AOE block is awesome" blah blah blah. I didn't know any better. But I'm telling you now, not worth it. If only I had someone like me to tell me.
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Bobba is good for the tank challenge and possibly a future Scoundral event. That's about it. There are a few teams you could try to make with a bunch of AOE characters or Bobba as lead with crit character (i.e. 86, Luke). That's about it. I'd go QGJ all the way. I got Bobba to 5* before realizing my 4* characters were better and dropped him
  • Boba was awesome in the early game. got a 4* in a bronzium pack before I was level 15. I used him until I got into the 50s. this is partially because my roster didn't offer much alternatives and partially because in the 50s that was when his DPS wasn't enough and his health didn't matter much due to not having a taunt.

I only use him on a suicide C team in GW and the tank challenge these days.
  • Got Fett early and worked on him some. He is now on my C or D team. I like his kit and the character. But I find him slow and not strong (fine for a tank, but no taunt or self heal ehhhhh) just overall everything he currently does can be done better by someone else.