Hero's Journey Event Discussion

Prev1345678
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
The Hero's Journey event has been launched! What did you like? What did you not like? Please leave feedback here.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Are you really saying you need the specific toons at 7* or you can't play this event at all? For all of us that don't have these, will you be able to use any others in their place and be able to compete?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Are you really saying you need the specific toons at 7* or you can't play this event at all? For all of us that don't have these, will you be able to use any others in their place and be able to compete?

no you will not need them at 7* to play the missions. but you will nee 7* to unlock CLS. He unlocks at 7*s.

no there are no other toons that can play in this mission it is the 5 specific toons that are listed
  • I hope we have an opportunity to get them open and geared. Still have one to activate.
  • Guess it is starting really soon. Says you have to complete the event to even unlock him so how will we be able to compete?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Compete = Play the event.

To unlock CLS will be 330 shards which means you will need to complete all lvls. To complete all lvls you will need all toons at 7*.
  • solgreear
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have been farming Old Ben since the announcement. I'm debating buying his pack in order to get him to 7*. I'm lucky enough to already have the others there. But there's almost no way to get him up to 7* in time. Are you going to offer double drops, or possible some other way to get character shards?

Or at least not have to wait a year to try to unlock him.
  • Please let us know what leadership you use to 7* the event.
  • I'm not going to Zeta any of them. I think I'll start with Old Ben and if that doesn't work after a while I'll try sthan.
  • Will do, although I'll probably just end up waiting to see what others say before I choose a leadership ability to level up
  • I am going in old Ben no zeta
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    I think you may have to change depending on who you face. If they've done it as a seven stage journey and are hinting that changing mods around could be helpfil then maybe it's the sake idea for the leadership.
  • Can anyone play stage v? When I try and use Bens basic attack it just brings up the chat window. (IOS)
  • Click on the very top of the basic attack icon
  • I don't know but his attacks are doing absolutely no damage at all... might as well be a chat window
  • Yeah, tap the upper right corner of his basic attack.
  • Yeah I could manage it. I didn't have that difficulty at all..All you really need to do is survive until that sacrifice. You could probably achieve that with all the Specials and then a couple lucky taps on the basic
  • Got it now. Thanks!
  • Backdragon
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I survive phase 1 and 2 just fine but get killed by the swarm of troopers at the end.

I'm using
    Luke G10
    Leia G10
    R2 G8 (will gear him to 9 soon)
    ST Han G10 (leader, for its defense bonus)

Anybody beat this yet? What leader / mods /strategy do you suggest?

EDIT: Got him! I used Han lead, and got some lucky RNG. It helps a lot if Leia fires multiple times, which again, is usually luck.
  • I found it easy, I just used Luke lead as it's the only one that was to a higher level. I put some decent mods on, but my gear level was a bit higher. Maybe it's just RNG? Try Crit chance and damage on Leia and as always, speed.
  • SoylentGreen
    84 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Did it 1st try with:

STH G11 (L)
    Leia G10
    R2 G9
    Luke G8

No Zetas on any of them, with more or less random (but suitable) 5*/Lvl15 mods.

Edit: Added (L) to STH
  • Only lost Han. Save taunt till the end. Focus on side troopers first. Leia is a beast!
    Go Pens!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Went Old Ben and STH.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Depends on what mods you have. I might suggest Leia lead with loads of crit chance/damage mods with protection primaries on everyone. Also, any zetas you can spare would obviously help. And keep han taunting and have R2 give him foresight as often as possible.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Only lost Han. Save taunt till the end. Focus on side troopers first. Leia is a beast!

Pretty much this.

STH was my leader. Gear levels were Luke 10, Leia/STH 9, R2 8.

I used R2 to stealth everyone except Luke who was almost full health/protection. I then used Leia's special to give her all the bonuses. Took out side troopers, taunted, Han died but by then they were toast.

Most of my mods weren't even level 15. Most were 12.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Every tier was different. I used Leia whenever possible as leader.
  • I used Leia as leader.
  • Oulu
    13 posts Member
    Only lost Han. Save taunt till the end. Focus on side troopers first. Leia is a beast!

Well, they taunt so you have to focus on them first. They also resist crit damage.
    I ran with:
    Luke (g10, potency mods)
    Han (g9, health mods)
    Leia (g8, health)
    R2 (g8, potency)

Lost badly.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I thought you were talking about the OB/ Vader fight. Wrong tier, my bad. xD
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member

Yes. This. Also, are you on my Fleet shard, and is there a chat? My in game is KlockoFett. PM me if so. I don't really want to attack people at their payouts. @EvgeniKessel
  • My Old Ben is gear 9. Before I go crazy farming OB to 7*, will I be able to beat tier 5mwith my G9 OB?

The cost to bring OB to G10 is steep.

I have decent secondary speed mods, 12-15 on each mod.

Thanks