Hero's Journey Event Discussion

Replies

• What are the character and star requirements for all of the tiers for the luke event. I am short sTH so I'm curious how far I can get in it
  • I did it on all at gear 8 haha, idk how
  • No idea what you guys are talking about this being easy. I'm stuck on Tier III with a G8 STH and a 5 star G8 FBL and I can't get passed the first group of imperials. Used up almost all my resources trying to up gear levels with exceptionally low drop rates, 2 pieces on a 10 ticket roll - twice in a row (RNG is RNG I'm aware but still).

Only choice if I want to get on in this event now is to pay, funny that.

I'd bet I'm not the only one whose paying to get on either. Great work Devs.

Whilst I appreciate the aim of the game is to make money for EA I do feel that locking undoubtably good content behind a pay wall by releasing a major event dependant on specific characters at high levels without allowing a decent notice period of requirements is pretty poor (especially because overtime I log in over the last few weeks I'm confronted with Ewok/Empire cards to purchase). Why not temporarily gift the use of geared toons as in the Luke Flash events? Or at least allow us to choose that option at the cost of reward crystals?

I know that all seems a little sour in so far as it says "Mah, can't do it, don't like it" but Devs need to remember theres a range of players here, legacy with geared old toons, whales that will pay and those that can't/won't. If they believe in supporting their entire community then the Devs should consider the effects of their actions on all player types and be upfront about upcoming event requirements and event scheduling rotation to allow us all to prepare.

Thoughts?
  • You need a tank of a STH, or a beastly ****.

Preferably both.
  • I'm not meaning this as a bad comment but are you fairly new to the game?
    These guys have done far worse to get money out of people, they are making it obvious you need to spend money on the game now but I feel at least they have slightly improved from just ripping people off in the past.
  • G8 is very low...in those tiers where are only 2 characters, you need at least 1 strong character...i have completed all tiers with Farmboy Luke only on level 72 with G8, but i had others on G10-11, so they made it up for low gear Luke...
  • It's easy, but not with gear 8 toons
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • What makes you think the devs didn't think it out, your obviously bitter, and this won't help: a lot of us didn't have to farm anything, nothing, didn't spend a dime or a single crystal for that matter, and we auto-played the event, it was a gimme, just like R2, if you've been playing from close to launch and have lived through most of the different metas you would have all of them at 7*, your not entilted to everything because you installed the game.
  • This is infuriating! Mt STH is G10 and Luke and Leia are G9 with R2 G8 and the last part of the last part just keeps owning me. Makes me wonder how people that dropped cash on those Rebel packs feel today. All the ability mats and gear items I was hoarding for CLS are now on FB Luke, Leia and R2........................really P/O'ed right now.
  • Vekkares
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The last phase of this even it horrid! STH at G10 with G8 R2, Luke and, Leia. I barely kill one of the 2 tanks on the last battle. This is beyond frustrating. With the high level of requirements for this event, it should be a cake walk.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • I found this event fun so far and I am looking forward to when I get my last 20 Old Ben shards so I can battle Vader.

This is one of the best events they have made :smiley:

Look forward to more like it in the future.
  • i found it extremely easy, and i thought i'd need to swap out my arena mods with this team.
    maybe you should put better mods, maybe just save your specials a bit.
    save specials, p1,2 easy, when you get to p3, r2d2 hide all but SThan, Sthan use taunt aswell, Leia gives herself bonuses and attack (2 turns in a row), luke should be able to stun some guys.
    dont do leia's special before r2 hide, and put better mods. if still dont work, get higher gear on Leia/R2. you have 5 days for it, everything will be fine, relax :)
  • Lol, it was more of a cake walk than not
  • I'm in the same boat, I have everyone at gear 9, I can occasionally kill two guys on last run, but then attrition wipes me out. I have 5 star mods of every flavor, I've tried 20 times using speed setups, 20 times using crit chance / damage/ 20 times using max survival. getting nowhere fast. Going to work on getting han to G11 before the timer runs out
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It would be nice to run through it again even if we managed to get Luke. No prizes - just for fun. :)
    P.S. great event. Thank you.
  • Lovely job, thank you for the nostalgia trip. But please allow us to play through again just for fun :)

Edit: Hi Carth!

Yes this!
  • I have Luke/Leia lvl 80 G8, R2 lvl 85 G10, and St Han lvl 85 G11 ; it took me a few tries to beat the last level and even then Han still died... his taunt plus his protection/health pool was a big assist but I don't know if he must be that high. I feel like when he finally survived to the last round while still healthly was because of lucky RNG so keep at it. :) Is your Leia's Special at level 7? Her "if already has stealth" bonus with R2 was handy as well.
  • Lol, it was more of a cake walk than not
    Sure, not a problem when you have everyone at G11. The rest of us are struggling a bit.
  • Traybor
    96 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    i found it extremely easy...
    What gear levels are your characters at? With maxxed StHan and the rest at G9 and G8, I'm having trouble getting past the last wave. Also, anything zeta'd? Everything that can be omega'd? When this was all announced, I still needed to gear up four of the characters, so I have a bit of work left to do. But it would be helpful to get a picture of what level I need to target.
  • RevJJ82
    58 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I had Ben, Leia and R2 at G11. Luke and Han at G9. Cut through the event like a hot knife through butter.

Edit: no zetas.
  • For the Vader fight, my G9 Ben with only 1* and 2* mods was enough. There's also an event special for added defense you can use to help last long enough for the Sacrifice button to come off cooldown.
  • Vekkares wrote: »
    This is infuriating! Mt STH is G10 and Luke and Leia are G9 with R2 G8 and the last part of the last part just keeps owning me. Makes me wonder how people that dropped cash on those Rebel packs feel today. All the ability mats and gear items I was hoarding for CLS are now on FB Luke, Leia and R2........................really P/O'ed right now.

Any luck with RNG? Are they all lvl 85?
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I would like to see this for other legendary events also. But at this point, it doesn't happen.
  • I couldn't disagree more. Horrible event.
  • Traybor wrote: »
    ZaulLover wrote: »
    i found it extremely easy...
    What gear levels are your characters at? With maxxed StHan and the rest at G9 and G8, I'm having trouble getting past the last wave. Also, anything zeta'd? Everything that can be omega'd? When this was all announced, I still needed to gear up four of the characters, so I have a bit of work left to do. But it would be helpful to get a picture of what level I need to target.

My gear is G11 on R2, Leia and Han, almost everything omegad, nothing zetad yet, and they are high gear for the arena luke is weak, g8, nothing more than what he should do for his flash event zeta bonus... but forget that man. its not what you should think about. i believe that with lower gear you can do it well. try the tactic i suggested before, saving the specials for P3, and use Leia special AFTER r2d2 hide. let SThan die while he's taunting, and just try to stun with Luke. you might need better modding, and this modding: TONS OF protection and hp on SThan, lot of speed and offense on leia, speed and potency on R2, and potency and offense on Luke. if after some great modding you still can't, its time to gear up a bit or omega few useful skills.
    but try some "basic only" on p1,2, try some modding. after that, think about gearing. you got 5 days, its enough, relax and enjoy.
  • Crowtalker wrote: »
    I couldn't disagree more. Horrible event.
    Which do you think was done better?
  • I finished the last tier on autoplay with gear 9 toons. Leia was the lead. Mods were Defense/Health for STH. CC for Luke/Leia. Potency/Health for Old Ben. Whatever had speed for a secondary was thrown on them.
  • I finished it with gear 9 toons on autoplay. No need to frantically gear up again because rng is against you.
  • Leia g10
    Luke g9
    STH g9
    Ben g8
    R2 g8

Is this enough? I still need 20 shards for Ben so I haven't tried the last tier yet

I have a zeta saved too just in case