Hero's Journey Event Discussion

Replies

• ITT: OP can beleive that he can't complete the event, claimed game is rigged. Lol
  • yes would be nice to do it again, ben vs vader was awsome!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to the correct sub for better Dev visibility.
  • I believe cg_capgasp said that he tuned it for g10 toons with good mods, and thst g11 was just overkill.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • sac122 wrote: »
    No idea what you guys are talking about this being easy. I'm stuck on Tier III with a G8 STH and a 5 star G8 FBL and I can't get passed the first group of imperials. Used up almost all my resources trying to up gear levels with exceptionally low drop rates, 2 pieces on a 10 ticket roll - twice in a row (RNG is RNG I'm aware but still).

Only choice if I want to get on in this event now is to pay, funny that.

I'd bet I'm not the only one whose paying to get on either. Great work Devs.

Whilst I appreciate the aim of the game is to make money for EA I do feel that locking undoubtably good content behind a pay wall by releasing a major event dependant on specific characters at high levels without allowing a decent notice period of requirements is pretty poor (especially because overtime I log in over the last few weeks I'm confronted with Ewok/Empire cards to purchase). Why not temporarily gift the use of geared toons as in the Luke Flash events? Or at least allow us to choose that option at the cost of reward crystals?

I know that all seems a little sour in so far as it says "Mah, can't do it, don't like it" but Devs need to remember theres a range of players here, legacy with geared old toons, whales that will pay and those that can't/won't. If they believe in supporting their entire community then the Devs should consider the effects of their actions on all player types and be upfront about upcoming event requirements and event scheduling rotation to allow us all to prepare.

Thoughts?

meanwhile some of us can't even reach there because they don't have R2.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon This, more than any other event (although I want those too), need to be replayable with no rewards.

I really, really want to replay this event.
    giphy.gif
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Found that event pretty easy with R2 G11, STH/Leia G10, OB G9 and Farmboy G8 (unmodded!). No issue at all, just rushed through and was surprised when I saw all Tiers were already cleared.
    BigBoloney wrote: »
    My Old Ben is gear 9. Before I go crazy farming OB to 7*, will I be able to beat tier 5mwith my G9 OB?

The cost to bring OB to G10 is steep.

I have decent secondary speed mods, 12-15 on each mod.

Thanks
    Yes G9 is good enough. I even had lousy mods on him. Still the same mods back from evasion meta times, you can see them at my swgoh.gg.
  • I'm actually hearing from guild mates that gear level 9 and 10 is what you need at the most to complete the challenge. Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I am just 31 Old Ben shards away from 7 starring him to continue with the event and so far it has been really easy.
  • rawman wrote: »
    Found that event pretty easy with R2 G11, STH/Leia G10, OB G9 and Farmboy G8 (unmodded!). No issue at all, just rushed through and was surprised when I saw all Tiers were already cleared.
    BigBoloney wrote: »
    My Old Ben is gear 9. Before I go crazy farming OB to 7*, will I be able to beat tier 5mwith my G9 OB?

The cost to bring OB to G10 is steep.

I have decent secondary speed mods, 12-15 on each mod.

Thanks
    Yes G9 is good enough. I even had lousy mods on him. Still the same mods back from evasion meta times, you can see them at my swgoh.gg.

Everything is easier with a R2 GXI, :pensive:
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    All G9, R2 G10 ... STH lead
    He died in the last fight but I succeeded in first try.
    All toons modded with normal mods.
  • Mmmmmmeh!
  • Luke(G11),Leia,STH,R2(G10),Ben(G9) completed every tier with auto fight. Except for the Old Ben part I played that one manually and figured out what I needed to do.

Possible to beat it with G8 but G9 and G10 would be a lot easier.
  • Just finished used the following:

G11 Leia, G11 Luke (Farmboy), G10 R2D2, G9 STH, G10 Old Ben
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Thought I was prepared for this, but can't get past the last tier. My set up is this (all are lvl 85):
    STH - gear 9, 5* health/defense mods
    R2 - gear 8, 5* potency/health/tenacity mods
    Leia - gear 9, 5* crit.chance/health mods
    Luke - gear 8, 5* health mods

Any advice? I don't have a lot of good crit. dmg mods, hence the health mods instead.
  • Will the Hero's Journey event come back another time, and if so, how long until it comes back?
  • How? I have been trying all morning with no luck on the last level. I mean could I be THAT unlucky with RNG? I mean I am seriously about to delete my entire account over this. So angry at the difficulty on what was supposed to be an awesome treat for having these characters.
  • When GK calls everyone with a buff to assist, why is Luke, with the buff Call to Action, not called to assist?
  • Promoted STH to Gear level 10 and got through it. Leia Luke R2 all Gear 9. Han modded solely for protecton. Luke for Offense / Potency, Leia for Offense, and R2 for Potency
  • My Han is G10 and barely makes it to the last fight. Then gets turned into hamburger
  • My G9 Han is loaded with health mods that amp protection and he STILL gets clobbered. Once he goes down the rest of the team falls apart quickly.
  • This is what I needed to beat CLS. Promoted STH Gear level 10. Leia Luke R2 all Gear 9. Han modded solely for protecton. Luke for Offense / Potency, Leia for Offense / Speed, and R2 for Potency. Han at 10 is worlds different then Han at 9
  • Since the event is only 6 days I have limited options, not sure which will get me the best chance to beat this:
    Option 1: Get R2 to gear lvl 9 and Leia to gear lvl 10.
    Option 2: Get R2 to gear lvl 9 and Luke to gearl lvl 9

STH I won't be able to get to gear lvl 10 (too many things that I need to farm or get super lucky from raid rewards). But I can definitely get R2 up another tier, just not sure if it's better to get Luke or Leia up...
  • What characters do we need for the last tier of the event?
  • Luke, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and R2
  • So I am on tier 3 but since you have fifty guys to beat with just two, how strong do my two have to be. I paid to get my SH up to level five so I could play but no chance. My Luke is level 7 And strong but not enough I guess. I paid for OB too but will not be able to get these two to level 7 in time. The rest I have at 7. Any suggestions to at least beat tier 3?
  • Can you buy one 80 shard pack per character or just one 80 shard pack total?
  • By far the easiest event, i do like the way it was done though, trying to tell the story was cool. The obi and vader duel was interesting. Happy to have CLS up to g8, lvl 85, 3 maxed abilities, almost done with other three and got him decently modded.
  • _JAM_
    15 posts Member
    I think this has been asked before, but I cannot find it. For Tier V (Old Ben Tier), I know I need to have Ben at 7*, and reading the little blurb, Ben has to sacrifice himself before he is defeated. Any suggestions on what gear level or mods would be required (if any)
  • Really liked the story mode and the different character requirements for each tier, but every battle was ultra easy right up until the 7* Old Ben battle, which is going to have to wait until I finish collecting the OB shards. It seems too easy, but I guess it should be since I've got Luke, Leia, St Han, and R2 all at g11.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    _JAM_ wrote: »
    I think this has been asked before, but I cannot find it. For Tier V (Old Ben Tier), I know I need to have Ben at 7*, and reading the little blurb, Ben has to sacrifice himself before he is defeated. Any suggestions on what gear level or mods would be required (if any)

I did it with G9 and no mods, so G8 with protection/health mods or even G7 with great prot/health mods could probably do it.