GW becoming impossible again..

Prev1
MaceMazer
126 posts Member
edited February 2016
3 battles in and I come up against this team? It just makes the game less desirable and more annoying.. What's the point in having a game mode that's almost impossible to clear on a daily basis. I myself have cleared the GW over 30 times or so by now but lately GW is becoming a joke. FIX THIS CG.

Replies

• MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    [img][/img]TC2DLfa.png
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm basically going up against player 70 from the 2nd or 3rd battles...
  • I actually just started winning GW since the update.
    I thought it had gotten more fair.
  • That team doesn't look too bad, no taunt, no heavy hitters. No huge speed advantage. Not everyone is level maxed.

The next team might be easier. This happens, the hardest team isn't always last or 2nd to last.

Oddly, I've had the opposite experience. It's been giving me nothing but fluff for the last week. Even my puny jedi team which is several stars and levels below my A team cleared all the nodes but one.

I'm not saying that's not broken either, but it was fun to get to play some different teams without worrying about my arena rank.
  • MaceMazer wrote: »

That's an easy team to beat what you complaining about.
  • McPot45 wrote: »
    MaceMazer wrote: »

That's an easy team to beat what you complaining about.

@McPot45 not the team itself, just the fact that so early on I'm up against five 6* toons all purple gear. Like c'mon it's the 4th battle...
  • [img][/img]yOpw29O.png

@Qleak ...
    Yeah, next battle defiantly didn't get easier. I know these aren't the hardest lineups in the galaxy but teams this good so early on effect my lineups health and ability cooldowns etc...
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'll be lucky to get past the second stage at this rate...
  • We see who you face, what does your team look like?
    [img][/img]yOpw29O.png

@Qleak ...
    Yeah, next battle defiantly didn't get easier. I know these aren't the hardest lineups in the galaxy but teams this good so early on effect my lineups health and ability cooldowns etc...

I sympathize with you! I've had some days where it wreaked me and others where it's been way to easy.

What does your lineup look like? I'm guessing you're near the player level cap? Arena rank? Highest arena rank?
  • @FolsomTony @Qleak currently running 7* Sid and Lumi, 5* Poggle, Jinn, Dooku. Also have 6* JC, 5* Kylo, 4* Barriss and Ventress which are the only other toons I normally bring in. From the screenshots I posted I actually just managed to clear the full GW but maaan it took some doing. One battle in particular I had to retry over 20 times to enable me to finish with reasonable health and such. But it was a lot harder than what I've been experiencing in the past week or so.
  • Its a lot harder. Not to mention the "fair" amounts of assist and multi attacks the AI is dishing. Yup. Im looking at you phasma and dooku. I have phasma leader @ 18% assist and enemy only has 16%. Guess who gets assisted more? The devs of this game really are the fairest of them all. Smh
  • Have you been doing a suicide run against the tougher matchups?
  • That helps me alot. Get all those specials out of the way.
  • I hit a full team of 7 star level 70s today....
  • @boy2sok yeah I agree with you there. Forgot to mention I also have a Phasma at full gear but she's only 3* and level 55 so I don't use her that much. When I do I notice the opposing team assists A LOT more times than mine does. Is this some sort of bug? My Phasma as 16% assist and so did the enemy... So how come they assisted 10 more times than me
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I remember my worst match up. Was level 50 and faced level 65 purple geared. Suicided my whole collection before rage quitting GW for a few days.
  • MaceMazer
    126 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @godgiven45 I usually try and save suicide squads until the last 3 or 4 battles and then throw in my B team on the second to last battle. That's why I created this thread because coming up against such strong squads so early on means I have to use up my sucide squads and B team a lot earlier than when I want to
    Post edited by MaceMazer on
  • Got it. I think it may be luck of the draw.
    Here lately I have been killing GW. I beat todays last night in about an hour
    3 battles in and I come up against this team? It just makes the game less desirable and more annoying.. What's the point in having a game mode that's almost impossible to clear on a daily basis. I myself have cleared the GW over 30 times or so by now but lately GW is becoming a joke. FIX THIS CG.

At least you have won "over 30", some whining!

@Daddyngo007
    Well it's more like 25 but I have been playing this game since end November so I've had plenty time to complete GW way back when it was a lot more balanced. Hence the number of GW I've completed.
  • Pulling my hair over my GW today. I made a mistake with one of my suite squads though. I'm on node 9 and am essentially fighting a better version of my team and their dooku stuns two off the bat and I can't do anything about it.
  • By suite squad do you mean suicide squad?
    Because that would be my suggestion. If you don't have a suicide squad left try changing the position of the ones being stunned. Jedi most likely
  • Finally to the point where i made an account to post how unfair the galactic war is. Couldnt even get to my 4th battle because of the level difference. My only main complaint about the game at this point :(
  • I feel yeah my first post was about GW also.
    There are a few tricks here and there but the biggest difference for me was when I poured everything into JC. He was the difference for me in GW
  • PandaLittlewood
    14 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    It's been broken for weeks. Battle 5 and I'm up against a full team of toons ten levels above me. I can't hit them and they one shot me. No tactics in the world are getting past that!!
  • I appreciate it's a bit of a crap shoot. Maybe I have the worst luck and it will change soon :P
  • I had been completing every GW from level 50 until recently, when I hit 65. Once I hit that level, it became exponentially more difficult. My 6th battle today included a level 70 players with 5 7* units. I just give up at that point.
  • godgiven45 wrote: »
    I actually just started winning GW since the update.
    I thought it had gotten more fair.

Same here. I beat GE only once pre-patch. I've beat it 14 times post-patch. I don't beat it every time & I don't have time to play it though absolutely every day, but it's much more doable then before. Besides, Dev's said it was SUPPOSED to be VERY HARD.
  • @GodKingKyle yeah I hear you. JC is such an important aspect of GW in my option. His spamable heal goes a long way. And the fact of his basic having chance to reduce cooldown is a cool ability in its own right. I guess I'm GW the ideal situation is to have a really strong A-team whilst also possessing depth in squad size. Anyone having big issues can also try the 3-healer method. Lumi, JC, Barriss/talia/Daka being the best for the this.