What's the [Next Chapter] in Hero's Journey...

2Next

Replies

• GODFIST
    32 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Now's the time to do an event in the same way for JKA to become/unlock Darth Vader (Pre-cybernetic suit). I know that's not the answer you're looking for but, I think that'd be great.
  • Next chapter? I can't finish this one...I have 7* both Han (81) & Luke (85) but can't get past tier 3 of the journey...any tips?
  • marauder
    124 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    i think Heroes Journey will be taking a break. +3months at least after TB is released since its safe to assume the rewards from TB will be required for rotj luke
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    I think the next chapter of the Heroes Journey might be ship-based. Farmboy Luke used to pilot Red 5, new ship unlocked by completing the event.

First, they'd make Millennium Falcon (Rebel), a legendary ship event. Once unlocked, you will use this ship and a few others (Wedge & Biggs' Xwings for sure) to complete the event. Also make all Rogue One ships farmable. First battle is Rogue One ships at Scarif. Second battle is the Falcon escaping from Tatooine. Third is the Falcon escaping the Death Star. Fourth is the Y-wing run on the Death Star, with Biggs and Wedge flying cover. Fifth is the X-wing run, with Luke, Biggs, and Wedge flying in the trench. And last is Luke by himself, in Red 5 (event ship, since you couldn't have farmed it), in a race with Vader on his heels.

Then again, that's a lot of potential ship farming they'd be forcing to get a ship reward. Not sure how it would be received.
  • I was watching ESB last night and saw this moment that made me think... "That would make an interesting event" Leia, Chewie (with 3po attached), R2, and Lando. Fighting Lobot, And Stormtroopers, and Boba. Victory unlocks Frozen in Carbonite Han who's the greatest Tank even and needs only carbanti for gearing up.
  • We will get some interesting meltdowns if people are forced to 7-star G9 or 10 Lobot and Ugnaught ^^

I hope we'll get a similar event with a Dark Side perspective. That would be awesome.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    We will get some interesting meltdowns if people are forced to 7-star G9 or 10 Lobot and Ugnaught ^^

I hope we'll get a similar event with a Dark Side perspective. That would be awesome.

I already have 7* Ugnaught, and 5* Lobot (almost 6*). No meltdown here...
  • USAmazing wrote: »
    Be funny if next journey event is Bespin and your your Raid Han gets locked in carbonate and your unable to use him again until the next journey event where you use Jedi Luke to free him from Jabba by fighting Boba Fett and soloing the Rancor Raid with Jedi Luke to get back your Raid Han!

love that!
  • How about a ship raid where you have to escape from that thing on the asteroid.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Rogee wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Next year.. bcause August is only once in a year
    :#

No doubt :)
    I'm just excited for the next part of the story, this one was fun.

If we move toward a Cloud City event, we could possibly see the following being used:
    1. Lando
    2. Lobot
    3. Urgnaught
    4. C-3PO
    5. Cloud Car Pilot
    6. Bespin Security Guards

7* Lobot required?

tumblr_o5utc1y6u11s6w6foo1_500.gif

SWGOH forum:

large.gif

I just lol'd at work, you win the forums
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    If they roll ESB and ROTJ into one event it would make some sense. Hoth Han/Leia, CLS, Lando, R2, Hermit Yoda, Vader, Ewoks, Raid Han (?).

ESB half would end with CLS vs Vader and unlock an event provided Jedi Luke. ROTJ half would use Jedi Luke with his pals. Final 2 battles of ROTJ half would be Jedi Luke vs Vader, and then Jedi Luke with Vader vs a very strong EP, rewarding our very own JKL. Perhaps the vs EP part Vader would have locked DoT's to simulate his impending death.

If we move toward a Cloud City event, we could possibly see the following being used:
    1. Lando
    2. Lobot
    3. Urgnaught
    4. C-3PO
    5. Cloud Car Pilot

7* Lobot required?

SWGOH forum:

large.gif

This is hilarious ... And 100% possible! Hard nodes are now 5 tries for 50 crystals, Lobot farming is now cheaper and faster than Deathtrooper. No matter what, there will be outrage, and this would surely ignite it even though it is now completely a feasible farm.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    If they roll ESB and ROTJ into one event it would make some sense. Hoth Han/Leia, CLS, Lando, R2, Hermit Yoda, Vader, Ewoks, Raid Han (?).

ESB half would end with CLS vs Vader and unlock an event provided Jedi Luke. ROTJ half would use Jedi Luke with his pals. Final 2 battles of ROTJ half would be Jedi Luke vs Vader, and then Jedi Luke with Vader vs a very strong EP, rewarding our very own JKL. Perhaps the vs EP part Vader would have locked DoT's to simulate his impending death.

He didnt die, he was burned alive *cough* robot chicken *cough*
  • If bespin is part of the next event, I wouldn't mind if the next chewie toon has 3p0 on his back. I think this would be a great way to incorporate c3p0 and put a spin on a second chewbacca toon. He could double as a support character and a tank
  • wittsbm wrote: »
    If bespin is part of the next event, I wouldn't mind if the next chewie toon has 3p0 on his back. I think this would be a great way to incorporate c3p0 and put a spin on a second chewbacca toon. He could double as a support character and a tank

That's a really cool idea.

7* Lobot required?

SWGOH forum:

large.gif

*ROFL* - the best posting here - and guess: in 1-2 weeks I will start completing Lobot... (have him at 3*...)
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

1. Lando
    2. Lobot
    3. Urgnaught
    4. C-3PO
    5. Cloud Car Pilot

I would agree that ANH is done and we should now look to ESB to continue Luke's journey.

But who to look at.

Luke had little to nothing to do with Lando, Lobot, Ugnaught, Cloud Car Pilot/Bespin Security Force. So I doubt they will be a requirement for the next event.

What we do know is that we are getting Territory Battles, that are going to unlock Hoth Han and Hoth Leia - they may be a requirement.

I also bet we will likely wait some time again before we see the next version of Luke (JKL) in the game. This would allow a lot more time to introduce new toons that are essential to continue Luke's story:

* Chewbacca (I bet will likely get his rework or new version released with the upcoming Han Solo movie next year).
    * Hermit Yoda (will also likely be released over the next few months or year).
    * Perhaps R2 will be a returned requirement toon, as he is mainly only with Yoda and R2 the entire movie.

We may also see developments passed ESB and into ROTJ to complete Luke's journey. And we may consider the need for:

* Jabba Guard Lando
    * Boushh disguise Leia
    * Ewoks.

At the end of the day, there is very little toons (currently in-game) that would be required for Luke's continued journey, so we should expect the release of a lot more characters to the game, and a fair amount of time before we see the next Luke event to allow for the release of those toons.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    Well, the FIRST chapter of Luke's Journey isn't even over yet... :o

Ummmm - yes it is. Are you not aware that CLS is now in game and that we will no longer need FBL to continue Luke's journey - that means the first chapter of his journey is over.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Just for fun.

C3p0 gets blown to pieces on cloud city, and you must use chewie to find all of his parts in random missions and put 3p0 back together again.

Brilliant!! That is an awesome idea and certainly a game mode that is new, I like this!!!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Hermit Yoda will be released via Territory Battles:

https://youtu.be/hib2cnhE_fQ[/quote]
  • Is this a necro if it's still relevant?

I think Jedi Luke will need to be unlocked by hermit yoda. I don't see this happening anytime soon. Jedi Luke will be the last iteration of Luke- unless they give us episode 8 Luke. So I'm thinking there will be another one or two Lukes in between.

To me - Pilot Luke is a good next step. Great for tb with a lot of anti Empire rebel synergy- toon and ship.

Who unlocks him? Wiggs? Toons and ships. Does that make canonical sense?

Really flummoxed by how long The heroes journey will play out as well.
  • Well we just jumped to the 'end' with Veteran Han Solo and Veteran Chewy. I too think we are probably 9-12 months away from seeing Jedi Knight Luke. The ashes haven't settled from the CLS explosion in the arena. Agree with earlier points about how we'll need some other plot-characters/backstory/side-kick types to be released before JKL.

Side note, I'm thinking JKL will have some kind of good AOE. Since JKA (Reckless Assault), JKG (Saber Throw), Kit Fisto (Turn the Tide), Yoda (Masterstroke), all have attack AOEs. Old Ben has one, but it's not damage, it's just a debuff. And all of the other Jedi have single target attacks.
  • Next Hero's Journey: Rey get's a lightsaber. Use resistance toons, and Veteran Smugglers (?).
  • I think it'll be quite a while since EP 8 is coming up and they haven't given us our 3 month teaser on the next chapter. I also have faith they are actually listening to feedback and are planning some significant DS additions. Dark Jedi Anakin would be a really fun event complete with bonus tiers of killing the younglings, separatist leaders, and facing GK.
  • Could we see old Luke before Rotj Luke?
  • Difficult to see, always in motion the future is, but consider these two scenarios, Jedi Master Luke and Jedi Knight Luke.

From a marketing POV, JM Luke should happen in December, its the perfect time to do it with "The Last Jedi" comming out etc. If we structure the event akin to the first "A Hero's Journey" we will have to have 5 characters at T7, the likly suspects are Poe, BB-8, Rey, Finn, and Artoo. They are all resistence and they all play a role in Ep VII. Also they have been out for extended time, except BB-8, but considering he has an event just now, that that mirrors the Artoo situation last time. Also Artoo is along to fill out the roseter with named resistence characters and also because he gets an event at the end of October. I think a BB-8 event will happen at the end of Novemberm then the JM Luke event middle of December.

Some have brought up Smuggler Hand and Chewie, but they are not resistence or have leader abilities, which means they will be hard to do synergies with for the design if the battles, either with other resistence characters or the two of them alone, also they are not f2p charaters yet, all this why I have not considered them, if we do not get a JM Luke event in conjuction with the movie, then I will have to revise this list with Han and Chewie in mind. So why Artoo, casue he is resistence, and he is the one character intimitly linked to the whole SW Saga, specially the Skywalkers, think of him as the thread that holds everything together.

If they are to use the eight battles/scenes as last time, then I beleive they will be something like this:

1. Poe and BB-8 vs First Order, at the village on Jakku. Poe is captured in end cut scene.
    2. BB-8 and Rey wander the desert and have to fight vs scoundrels, and/or jawas.
    3. Finn and Poe vs First Order, on board the Battlecruiser "Finalizer" end with Tie Escape scene.
    4. Finn, Rey, and BB-8 at Niima Outpost fighting Scoundrel trying to steal BB-8
    5. Rey, BB-8, and Finn on Takodana at Maz Kanata's castle, vs First Order, Rey is captured at the end.
    6. Finn and BB-8, vs First Order, they are trying to rescure Rey abord StarKiller base.
    7. Rey vs Kylo Ren outside in the forest on StarKiller Base.
    8. Rey, BB-8, and Artoo vs FO on Ahch-To, fighting (?), to get to the top of the First Jedi Temple.

For a JK Luke, I think we will have a different setup, there I believe the characters needed are CLS, Artoo, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, and Lando. Again we are using the 8 battle scenes structure. I chose not to include Han due to him having limited role in the development of Luke becomming a Jedi, and also because the only ingame character that matches Cloud City Han is Raid Han. Besides, han doesn't really fight on CC in the movie. ROLO is very close to CC Leia, as it is the same costume minus the outer jacket and different hair due. Including Lando is because he is instrumental in the escape of the rebels, and subsequent rescure of CLS, and he sort of is the "old meta" of this part of "A Hero's Journey"

1. CLS and Artoo on Dagobah looking for Yoda and have to fight their way through the jungle.
    2. CLS and Yoda fighting vs jungle creatures as a stand in for training montage.
    3. CLS vs Darth Vader in the dark side cave on Dagobah. CLS defeats Vader to reveil it was an illusion.
    4. CLS, artoo, and Yoda again vs jungle creatures, ends with Yoda raising the Xwing, and the "Do or do not".
    5. CLS and Artoo on cloud City in persuit of Boba Fett and Stormtroopers who have ROLO and Lando.
    6. Lando and ROLO fighting against Stormtroopers and meet up with Artoo at the end.
    7. ROLO, Lando, Artoo, escaping Clound City fighting vs troops.
    8. CLS vs Darth Vader, round two, and this time it is for real, you have to survive a set amount of rounds before the climactic end scene with Luke escaping, and being rescued.

There are mulitple issues with this scenario, as there two hard to get Characters ROLO and HY. This leads me to think they will wait with this scenario until next middle of 2018, and instead go with the first one.