Why run the $19.99 packs for 14 days and the CLS event for 7?

Atlas1
1713 posts Member
Not complaining, just looking for an answer that makes sense.

The packs are obviously there to complete OB, Leia, StHan and Luke for the CLS event. So why run them longer than the event? Why would anyone buy them after the CLS event ends? I think many people were under the impression that the packs would end simultaneously with the event.

Replies

• Taco
    446 posts Member
    Longer time means more people will spend $$$$$$
  • I'd like to know as well, but...

I predict, as a feigned act of goodwill, they'll come out in a few days saying they listened to the feedback and have extended the event for another week. At which point, the community will drop to their knees and worship at the feet of their almighty benefactors.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Taco wrote: »
    Longer time means more people will spend $$$$$$

You won't need those toons immediately after the CLS event ends. They are easily farmable and everyone should have those toons st 7* when the CLS event rolls back around in ~3 months.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    have you ever seen them release any pack just for 7 days? Nope. They always release packs for at least 2 weeks. Take note on patterns also, no legendary event has ever lasted more than 7 days. All 5 of them come for a week and are gone.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Makes sense for them to leave the booster ones as they sell those to get people started on farms. Plus I'm sure a starting player who spends here and there would enjoy having a 4* Old ben, Leia, STH, and Luke ready to go. They're all quite good now with their reworks. As for the 699 crystal pack, I guess they're just leaving that there with the rest of the packs for those that decide to whale up right as they start playing.

I don't think they're leaving the packs there past CLS so people can farm for CLS, but more for people that are no where near close to unlocking him but might want the New Hope characters in their arsenals to get a head start on everyone else.
  • Cm3Po wrote: »
    have you ever seen them release any pack just for 7 days? Nope..
    Dont the Empire packs in the store right now run the length of the R2 event?
  • I believe the pack is "acting" as re-work stuff release. Which "coincidence" have same date release with CLS event.

Be positive guys! ;)
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    I believe the pack is "acting" as re-work stuff release. Which "coincidence" have same date release with CLS event.

Be positive guys! ;)

No negativity here! I don't mind $19.99 packs for 80 shards of a rework that's actually meta competitive. Just wondering why the date ran like it did.