How many stars for a viable Qui-Gon Jinn?

1) In missions, 2) in Galactic War, 3) in Arena

I got him to purple gear and 3 stars (lvl 61) and his HP is 5570 and Physical 737.*

The HP is a problem, even in missions, if the RNG decides to focus him. Bearing in mind that if he dies, I can't 3-star a mission.
Will 4 stars at least make him viable for missions? If 4 stars won't cut it, I may have to stop trying to use him. (Either that or really commit to him and the new Arena meta. *sigh*)

At gear VII, he has only one HP/STR buff, and that's a fairly meager 300 HP and 12 STR.

By the way in Arena I'm content to be 100-200, on a good day I can crack 100 long enough to get the reward. So I'm not looking for a QGJ good enough to crack the Top 10 or anything. That's why I say "viable" and not "amazing." :)

* I'm not worried about damage, he has 4 gear upgrades for that: +56 INT and 86 damage

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Depends how old your server is but he can be used at 5 stars. On defense he'll probably die very fast though. I waited till he was 6*
  • If I use him in Arena, I may just rotate him out on the 5th match.
  • I have him 4* and he more than pulls his weight but that's with a Barriss lead.
  • I used him in arena at 5, maxed gear. But I had poe to protect him, it's different now with poe, he can't protect qgj in round one anymore. I'm going to have to say wait till 6 for arena.
  • 5+ works for arena.3 is enough for everywhere else
  • Keyzer_Soze
    117 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you aren't trying for or running full 7* maxed gear for anyone you are doing something wrong

The answer is 7
  • I'd try for 6* in the near term, with plans to do 7*. If you are going to invest in him, its worth getting the stars eventually
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    HIs skills make him viable at all star levels past 4... but you must gear max him else he will die too quickly.. The other option is to have barriss lead the team... QGJ fast speed and Barriss's heal every time QGJ moves will offset his low health... Just make sure your barriss has a high a health as you can get her to.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • At 6* he's pretty good and will hold up in most situations. At level 70 and gear 7 I think it's like 9k health. Paired with a Lumi or Barris lead he will hold up and offer some decent damage.
  • I'm farming him now. Only at 2*. I expect once I get him close to 7* they'll nerf the **** out of him like they do with all the characters I grind for weeks.
    Sinister Alliance (Leader) - accepting waitlist members - PM for information
  • I'm just over your level just started using him 4* gear 7

I get by with him but think my 6* JC probably just out performs him
    Roger roger
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Mine is 5* gear VII, he's great for GW but I haven't used him for arena yet because he dies too fast. Maybe he will be usable there at gear VIII but that's still a long way for me 'cause he needs a lot of purple items to get him to VIII.
  • If you aren't trying for or running full 7* maxed gear for anyone you are doing something wrong

The answer is 7

I'll just 7-star and max gear all my characters, then.
  • I use him at 4 stars as leader. Works great on offense. Im backing him up with 5 star dooku, 7 star sid, lumi, and phasma currently. 1st turn goes dooku stun, quigon nuke, sid aoe. At that point most teams are down to 3 attackes on 1st turn and the match is over. These are all 7 star maxed teams that I am facing and beating easily
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    If you aren't trying for or running full 7* maxed gear for anyone you are doing something wrong

The answer is 7

True

If all your toons aren't level 70, 7 stars, and gear VIII then your doing something wrong and need to spend more money.

on topic. Mine is at gear VII and is 5 stars. He does great in GW but is a bit squishy. When I get my Old Ben up for his mind trick, I will bring in QGJ to arena. Basically if you have a way to cripple the opponent team or protect QGJ for a few turns, he should be good at 5 stars (unless your trying to be super competitive in arena.) Otherwise, 6+ stars.
  • +1 on the 7 on all toons in your main squad. Your competitors will always be head to head at the minimum.
  • 5 star Max gear and leader. He is good. Goes first unless there is Dooku or Yoda led by Qgj.
    Nice dps assist and round 2 offense up.
  • Thanks!
    It sounds like the general answer is "viable at 5 stars." I got him at 2 (up to 3 now) so I might get him to 7 stars by 2017.
    5 is probably doable, but obviously I can only buff one character out of Cantina so committing to QGJ means someone else in my main squad goes stagnant.

He's usable in GW at any power because if he dies you can just retreat. He's too squishy for (difficult) missions because RNG focus means no 3-star mission.