Commander Luke Squad Zeta suggestions?

Prev1
Roken_Fett
1283 posts Member
edited August 2017
EMPIRE%2BSTRIKES%2BBACK11.png


So I've asked a similar question before, and the community responses were great..but that was before I got Commander Luke.

So, if you would be so kind as to lend some knowledge my way:

I have 93 pieces of Zeta material, so I should be able to hand out 5 Zeta abilities fairly quickly (challenges and I spend ship tokens on Zetas).

Where should I place the Zetas on this team (no one has any):

Commander Luke
Han Solo (Raid)
Princess Leia
R2D2
Old Ben

That's the team I'm thinking of running and I don't know where to place the Zeta abilites for optimum efficientcy. Any help would be welcome. OR, if you think I should replace one of those toons for another rebel, I'll also entertain that.

This is my roster:

https://swgoh.gg/u/roken/
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

  • Number crunch for R2 for sure.
  • Luke lead, luke's unique (it binds it), both r2, then probably Han.

    If you do it and try the team, please update and tell us how it did. I want to run it but I'm missing omega materials for han's zeta
  • Yeah, I was thinking Number Crunch for sure, then Luke's lead. After that wasn't exactly sure.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    No clue how that team will ultimately perform. But I'm glad to see it at least getting some potential use. Well played, good sir.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    No clue how that team will ultimately perform. But I'm glad to see it at least getting some potential use. Well played, good sir.

    Thanks. I haven't modded them all yet. Had to mod R2D2 just to unlock Commander Luke, and I think Leia too. Modded Han last night and he was hitting for 16k-28k on his basic this morning in the Credit Heist, so I'll take that.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • CIKShock wrote: »
    Being you don't have cleanse, both R2 buffs should be used imo. Luke's lead is good, but his one for health and protection makes him a tank. Fought a Rex L, Nihilis, CLS, Thrawn, Kenobi team node 12, and had to focus down than or CLS would wreck by himself. (Still claimed 15/20 toons too take it down)

    Yeah, I hate the mix and match team (like the one you described on Node 12) so I try to keep teams in the same vein. I guess I could use Ackbar for cleansing but then I'd have to lose someone.

    The double Zeta R2 might work.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    CIKShock wrote: »
    Being you don't have cleanse, both R2 buffs should be used imo. Luke's lead is good, but his one for health and protection makes him a tank. Fought a Rex L, Nihilis, CLS, Thrawn, Kenobi team node 12, and had to focus down than or CLS would wreck by himself. (Still claimed 15/20 toons too take it down)

    Yeah, I hate the mix and match team (like the one you described on Node 12) so I try to keep teams in the same vein. I guess I could use Ackbar for cleansing but then I'd have to lose someone.

    The double Zeta R2 might work.

    I would definitely go for both of R2's and Luke's lead and second unique (It binds all things). I would hang on to the fifth so you can wait and see where your squads weakest and act accordingly.

    Probably end going for Luke's third, Leia's or Hans, but the order would depend on what was most urgent, damage (Han), tenacity(Luke) or survivability (Luke or Leia).
  • JDIII
    685 posts Member
    Yeah, don't put any on him! 5% turn meter, lol your better off with an omega on his basic, than your are with a zeta on his leader!
  • scuba
    12100 posts Member
    No Luke lead zeta
    Stick with Uniques if you want binds all things looks good I am not sold on his other unique nor his lead being that great

    Both r2
    Han solo unique

    Lead zetas are tough because it is only good for that. IMO there are better rebel leads than cls.
  • scuba wrote: »
    No Luke lead zeta
    Stick with Uniques if you want binds all things looks good I am not sold on his other unique nor his lead being that great

    Both r2
    Han solo unique

    Lead zetas are tough because it is only good for that. IMO there are better rebel leads than cls.

    Interesting.

    I'm definitely interested in Han's Zeta. He's already hitting extremely hard for me and he's only Gear 7 or 8. Double hits would be awesome.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Just gave R2 his Number Crunch. The debate on the others still goes on. (I would give Luke his "It binds" but I need a stun gun to get him to next gear level.

    So that's 2 out of 5.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • A little off topic but didn't wanna start another post. Who everyone running with CLS? I'm thinking CLS lead with r2, leia, sthan and cassian?
  • jjkriv
    403 posts Member
    I'm thinking Luke lead,r2d2,ezra,old ben,raid Han could be a good team...i even think Kanaan could have a place in this lineup.
  • A little off topic but didn't wanna start another post. Who everyone running with CLS? I'm thinking CLS lead with r2, leia, sthan and cassian?

    You might want to go with Old Ben with the double taunt. With Nihilus so prevelant in arena, normal tanks are easily Dispelled. The best tanks are those with auto taunts like GK, Sith Trooper and Baze, or those with a gimmick of sorts, like Shore Trooper and Old Ben.

    To be my own Devils advocate, you could have R2 go first and stealth everyone but Han, thereby forcing a taunt for two turns.

    You could also consider Scariff Rebel Pathfinder, his infinite revives and 15% TM on basic could prove to be an excellent combo. Cassian seems like a good idea as well. Any rebel who debuffs would synergize well with CLS lead.
  • A little off topic but didn't wanna start another post. Who everyone running with CLS? I'm thinking CLS lead with r2, leia, sthan and cassian?

    You might want to go with Old Ben with the double taunt. With Nihilus so prevelant in arena, normal tanks are easily Dispelled. The best tanks are those with auto taunts like GK, Sith Trooper and Baze, or those with a gimmick of sorts, like Shore Trooper and Old Ben.

    To be my own Devils advocate, you could have R2 go first and stealth everyone but Han, thereby forcing a taunt for two turns.

    You could also consider Scariff Rebel Pathfinder, his infinite revives and 15% TM on basic could prove to be an excellent combo. Cassian seems like a good idea as well. Any rebel who debuffs would synergize well with CLS lead.

    Ya I was thinking having r2 really fast and getting stealth on everyone but Han would be key. I like cassian too for the debuffs and buff immunity on counter attacks. Plus a zeta on him gives extra protection.
  • I would consider Thrawn over OB. He hit harder, is just as tanky, can fracture, swap TM and heal protection. Luke probably isn't enough dispel to cover everything. Thrawn can shut down toons like ATF and GK.
  • StinkyDoobis
    38 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    That real synergy is Han double tapping a Rex or wedge, CLS finishing them off. It neutralizes a need to go after DN right away. This can also work under a Boba lead but it is more fun under Luke. R2 needs both no question. Luke needs unique (binds) first then lead then passive but that is a very low priority zeta. I think Leia has arena use (in raid Han's place) in this team, but Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han are still going to be smacked around even with their Zetas. As Olddumper suggested Thrawn is better here. Right now I'm experimenting with the other two slots that aren't CLS, Han, R2; Shore is my best tank option but due to going up against fractures it is helpful to have two tanks or a tanky character. I've been fiddling with SRP there, Thrawn, death, storm. Haven't hit the Sweet spot yet. Gearing Chaze now as they will do well in this team.
  • That real synergy is Han double tapping a Rex or wedge, CLS finishing them off. It neutralizes a need to go after DN right away. This can also work under a Boba lead but it is more fun under Luke. R2 needs both no question. Luke needs unique (binds) first then lead then passive but that is a very low priority zeta. I think Leia has arena use (in raid Han's place) in this team, but Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han are still going to be smacked around even with their Zetas. As Olddumper suggested Thrawn is better here. Right now I'm experimenting with the other two slots that aren't CLS, Han, R2; Shore is my best tank option but due to going up against fractures it is helpful to have two tanks or a tanky character. I've been fiddling with SRP there, Thrawn, death, storm. Haven't hit the Sweet spot yet. Gearing Chaze now as they will do well in this team.

    Yeah, Thrawn is better than Old Ben but I'm trying to run non-mixed and match teams. Trying to 3-star all of Light Side Battles. Working on the hard nodes right now, but only 1 star for first two nodes. My gear level for this team isn't that high yet, though.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though
  • Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • scuba
    12100 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?

    R2
    R2 cleanse on crit is great, espically with counter attacking rebels.
    Rebel gets debuffed -> counter attacks with crit> debuffs gone.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?

    R2
    R2 cleanse on crit is great, espically with counter attacking rebels.
    Rebel gets debuffed -> counter attacks with crit> debuffs gone.

    This is true.

    So then it comes down to Old Ben's taunt Zeta vs another Zeta for CLS. Trying to weigh Luke's other Zetas vs Old Ben's Zetas.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • scuba
    12100 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?

    R2
    R2 cleanse on crit is great, espically with counter attacking rebels.
    Rebel gets debuffed -> counter attacks with crit> debuffs gone.

    This is true.

    So then it comes down to Old Ben's taunt Zeta vs another Zeta for CLS. Trying to weigh Luke's other Zetas vs Old Ben's Zetas.

    I am not sold on his lead zeta. You are going to be running old ben so that helps with having some debuffs other than R2 but i don't think that 5% TM gain is enough.

    Also I am just theory crafting with this whole setup because I am not running CLS and won't run him in arena.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?

    R2
    R2 cleanse on crit is great, espically with counter attacking rebels.
    Rebel gets debuffed -> counter attacks with crit> debuffs gone.

    This is true.

    So then it comes down to Old Ben's taunt Zeta vs another Zeta for CLS. Trying to weigh Luke's other Zetas vs Old Ben's Zetas.

    I am not sold on his lead zeta. You are going to be running old ben so that helps with having some debuffs other than R2 but i don't think that 5% TM gain is enough.

    Also I am just theory crafting with this whole setup because I am not running CLS and won't run him in arena.

    Yeah, but Luke has 3 total. Maybe not his leader but his other Zeta is pretty legit too.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • scuba
    12100 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Old Ben needs a zeta for his double taunt to really make it worth your while though

    Yeah, his and Han's seem necessary for this team to run at optimum efficientcy.

    So I gave 1 to R2 (number crunch)
    1 to CLS (It binds)

    Still have 3, but if Han takes one and Old Ben takes one, where does the last one go?

    R2
    R2 cleanse on crit is great, espically with counter attacking rebels.
    Rebel gets debuffed -> counter attacks with crit> debuffs gone.

    This is true.

    So then it comes down to Old Ben's taunt Zeta vs another Zeta for CLS. Trying to weigh Luke's other Zetas vs Old Ben's Zetas.

    I am not sold on his lead zeta. You are going to be running old ben so that helps with having some debuffs other than R2 but i don't think that 5% TM gain is enough.

    Also I am just theory crafting with this whole setup because I am not running CLS and won't run him in arena.

    Yeah, but Luke has 3 total. Maybe not his leader but his other Zeta is pretty legit too.

    50% crit avoidance could help. The 100% tenacity is a waste I think. Just help feed tm to someone that did zeta his lead if the tenacity actually worked. 100% tenacity doesn't stop debuffs except when you don't want it to.
  • That real synergy is Han double tapping a Rex or wedge, CLS finishing them off. It neutralizes a need to go after DN right away. This can also work under a Boba lead but it is more fun under Luke. R2 needs both no question. Luke needs unique (binds) first then lead then passive but that is a very low priority zeta. I think Leia has arena use (in raid Han's place) in this team, but Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han are still going to be smacked around even with their Zetas. As Olddumper suggested Thrawn is better here. Right now I'm experimenting with the other two slots that aren't CLS, Han, R2; Shore is my best tank option but due to going up against fractures it is helpful to have two tanks or a tanky character. I've been fiddling with SRP there, Thrawn, death, storm. Haven't hit the Sweet spot yet. Gearing Chaze now as they will do well in this team.

    I ran a Commander Luke (L), wiggs, r2 and shoretrooper combo and got second in my shard during my payout
  • That real synergy is Han double tapping a Rex or wedge, CLS finishing them off. It neutralizes a need to go after DN right away. This can also work under a Boba lead but it is more fun under Luke. R2 needs both no question. Luke needs unique (binds) first then lead then passive but that is a very low priority zeta. I think Leia has arena use (in raid Han's place) in this team, but Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han are still going to be smacked around even with their Zetas. As Olddumper suggested Thrawn is better here. Right now I'm experimenting with the other two slots that aren't CLS, Han, R2; Shore is my best tank option but due to going up against fractures it is helpful to have two tanks or a tanky character. I've been fiddling with SRP there, Thrawn, death, storm. Haven't hit the Sweet spot yet. Gearing Chaze now as they will do well in this team.

    I ran a Commander Luke (L), wiggs, r2 and shoretrooper combo and got second in my shard during my payout

    Nice.

    I just got R2 and Old Ben to Gear 11. I got GLS, Leia, and Han (raid) to Gear 10 but CLS and Leia are only one gear spot from 11.

    Still haven't decided where my other 3 Zetas will go. Still leaning strongly towards Han's "Shoot First" Zeta.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • I've got zetas on both r2 abilities and Han Solo. Love all three of them and you want regret it with that lineup. After that, I'd probably go it binds all things and then leia. If you were running old ben, Baze or other debuffers, then lukes lead would make sense.
  • For the record, I run CLS(l), zzR2, zHan, zThrawn and GK.
Sign In or Register to comment.