What is expected?

First off, I am NOT whining! I just want to raise a point. At the moment, I don't feel like the recent and upcoming changes are actually good for the future of the game.

I am just shy of a year into playing this game.

My arena team does well (ranked 25-50 daily). I won't be top 5, because my DN is 6*, DK is 4*, Shore is 3*, and Thrawn is 5*. But I can compete reasonably, and it is fun (and frustrating!) to try to get into the top 20.

The other fun thing to do in the game is raids (and to a lesser extent Fleet battles). With raids, I do OK in the heroic pit (can solo P1 and most of P2), and in the HAAT I can do decent dmg in P2, P3, and P4. I have spent a lot of time preparing my teams, so I am very close to being able to solo the pit, and do more dmg in P2, P3, and P4 than I do now.

Now CLS comes around. I need 244 Old Ben shards. Thats 732 battles. That is not do-able, even if I bought a pack of 80 shards. I spend all my energy the last month or so getting Luke, Leia, and ST Han to 7*, and getting DT and Vader to 7* so that I could get R2 to 7*. I did all of that. Now, since we only have 7 days, it is Old Ben that is killing me.

So, people that already do well in raids (with full rosters) get a nice new Luke, and can now solo the pit in less than 10 mins. And increase their damage in HAAT by millions. So, despite all my work preparing teams, and all the work getting Luke, Leia, DT, Vader, and R2 to 7*, I am getting left WAY behind. I know it is just one toon, but it is clearly not a normal toon if you can solo the pit in less than 10 minutes. If I keep preparing my teams, I will soon be able to do the pit by myself ... in an hour or so.

Then there is Gear 12. Unlike Gear 11, it requires 7* toons. That means that my arena team will suffer. I won't be able to compete there either.

I know what the answer is (spend money), but what do the developers expect people like me to do now? The gap between the haves and the have-nots has just widened a LOT, and will get wider with new gear. Being able to compete won't be possible, so the fun will be gone. Did they want to take the fun out of it? Probably not. But are they on track for doing just that? Yep.

Do the developers really want all F2P and pay-a-little players to stop playing entirely? Right now there is absolutely 0 incentive for me to spend any money, because I would have to spend soooo much money.

Surely I am not the only one feeling like something bad just happened/is happening. I hope that I am wrong and am still playing the game a year from now - I have been wrong before.

Anyway ... just saying. Not whining!

Replies

• Throatbeard rath, prepare for it, you must!
  • I think you are too worried. Don't count your arena team out just yet. If you are currently consistently finishing top 50 then you are doing great, better than most. Most people you're competing against aren't going to have CLS yet or won't have a team that has good arena synergy with him, so if you are doing that well now, then you have very little to worry about. And these events will come around again, and if you decide CLS is necessary to do well in arena, then now you know exactly what toons you'll need when these events come back around.
  • TyloRen
    381 posts Moderator
    We have no idea what G12 means, and Thrawn and the other characters you listed are more than viable at lower star levels and perfectly fine counters to Luke. Others on your shard are likely in the same position you are, if not, they've probably spent for it.
    Moving this to feedback.
  • @TyloRen

How is my post character feedback? It isn't about Luke, its about the direction the game is taking/has taken, and what the developers of the game think people like me or in a similar position are going to do if they keep going the direction that they are going.