Commander Luke Skywalker Use the Force order of operations

scuba
14034 posts Member
edited August 2017
So not necessarly a bug however seems like something that should be changed.
Currently the order of operaitons for the ability is:
  1. dispel
  2. apply buff immunity
  3. deal damage
  4. remove tm
  5. apply tenacity down

Would make more sense if the order was
  1. dispel
  2. apply tenacity down
  3. apply buff immunity
  4. deal damage
  5. remove tm.

@CG_Kozispoon @EA_MindTricks @CG_feltz916

Replies

• To expand on this, he should use CTA first no matter what. Currently he uses UTF turn 1 unless he has a debuff.

I also don't think he should deactivate CTA unless he gets into trouble. Currently, the AI uses it as soon as its cooldown expires.
  • Yup, CTA should be used in two cases:
    - Luke doesn't have the CTA buff
    - Luke needs a heal or a dispell
  • Hi guys, this order of operations is intended and by design.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Hi guys, this order of operations is intended and by design.

Thanks for the info. Kind of weakens him but is what is is I guess.

What is the logic to use UTF first? If he used CTA first, he would get 100% TM, and then use UTF with greater DPS.

Sorry to say, this wasn't well thought out at all, and the logic needs adjusting. Similar mistakes have been rectified in the past, Sun Fac and Lando are good examples.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    CG, you're also saying it's WAI for the AI to keep turning CTA ON and OFF over and over when on Auto? The AI should leave it how you set it, and just toggle between his Basic and UTF, and use CTA for only when he loses protection and has health less than 50%. The way it is now is super annoying, especially for Rancor, and frankly makes zero sense.
    SnakesOnAPlane

He could just be responding to the OP and not referring to the AI. It's pretty unclear.
  • I was referring specifically to the OP regarding Use the Force order of operations.
  • @CG_feltz916

Can you please explore having CTS use CTA turn 1 always? It makes no sense for him not to, and the outrage will be real once folks start to deploy him and realize.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @CG_feltz916

Can you please explore having CTS use CTA turn 1 always? It makes no sense for him not to, and the outrage will be real once folks start to deploy him and realize.

I suggest opening a separate thread as this is separate from the original post. Helps clear up any confusion.
  • spamming CTA on and off is optimal for effectively reducing the cooldown of UTF.

It's good practice....especially if you have both unique abilities zeta'ed
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    @Vampire_X please close. Thread is going direction of what should be its own thread. The original question was answered.