[Vid] haat p4 zader new strategy

antifreak2011
9 posts Member
edited August 2017
Hello there,
I made a new video of my Zader runs, and followed a new strategie.
I tried to fracture the tank in the topple as late as possible and set Thrawn as the target of smoke screen of R2. This leads to some counter attacks of Thrawn, so it is easier to kill the side and top guns in less than main canon turn to get as much topples as possible.
The last 2 turns went not that good, i think i could have done 90% or more with a little bit of different plays, but Nevermind.

It's extremely easy to keep the toons alive, you can use shaman heal every turn. It's less luck dependant than the other zader setups.

Team is:
Zader (zeta mandatory), Darth Sidious (Zeta recommanded), R2, Thrawn (unique zeta nice2have), Tusken Shaman

I don't have really crazy mods, thrawn has 265 speed, r2 235, did 233, Vader 208 and shaman 172

You can have a look at my guys here: https://swgoh.gg/u/anti-freak/collection/

Video: https://youtu.be/vBTCTo32Juc
Post edited by antifreak2011 on

Replies

• Nice...how many of those saber throws were crits? I have seen that your Vader has 40% crit chance in your collection...maybe if you somehow managed to use Advantage on Vader to guarantee each saber throw to be crit, you could have done the whole phase...
  • antifreak2011
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    That's the point. R2 offers additional 10% crit. You get better results with a counter attacking thrawn than with a Vader who does a guaranteed crit. With smoke screen on Vader my best run was 6.6mio and not 9.1mio (which could be also almost 11mio with better plays in the end). My plan was, to give Vader advantage in the last topple and of course use shaman heal for the offence up. But it went wrong. Think, that could have done more than 15% with the last throw.
  • Lugo
    417 posts Member
    Very nice run
  • antifreak2011
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I reached a new record.

5d43ab?filename=1504131150489_zader-p4.jpg&sub_type=thumbnail_preview&type=attachment&width=700&height=340&_felix_session_id=1edfaa6b632bb2ba26d56ab093600e52&salt=MTkxODA1Nl82MTEyMTcx

Did anybody else give it a try?
  • I gave this a try and it works really well. I was unable to get a score like that, best I managed was around 6.6 million.

What’s your strat for that huge run? Congrats btw, that’s awesome :)
  • antifreak2011
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    This try was Really good, because I got vaders aoe rdy after each topple and was mostly able to kill all canons before the main canon shots.
    It all depends on topples. The more you get, the more will be your dmg output.
    Usually I do a 7.5mio score without any retreats (because raid goes down very fast), but If I am lucky enough and not lazy I can get even further.

Btw, don't hesitate to use shaman heal (especially for offense up) for killing the side and top canon faster. Do everything to get as many topples as you can!
  • Do you always try to fracture the tank as late as possible so you have more time with the tank fractured out of topple?

Did you move any mods around for this run or was it all the same? Cause I can mod exactly the same or make everyone faster but still not getting the same results.

Would you say speed/offence/crit chance/crit damage is more important on Vader? Also are you trying to sync up offence up with your culling blade?
  • Yes, fracture as late as possible. I improved the speed since my first post and currently moving mods from my cls(arena) to Vader for that purpose.
    Thrawn 266
    R2 255
    Sid 233
    Vader 213
    Shaman 181

I would like to speed up sid a bit, because then all of hit exposes get triggered by r2, but that's not highly necessary.
    With the above speed I fracture the tank between 75 - 99% tm. That's also the usual range for the smoke screen use. Keep in mind: you have to use the smoke screen as late as possible. The longer thrawn is the only visible toon to the enemies, the more he will counter attack.
    My Vader has a accumulated crit chance of round about 50%, so it's a coinflip if his culling blade Crist or not. But that doesn't really matter. Yesterday I removed over 6% of the tank with one blade... non-crit. The dots dealt round about 2% per tick. Like I said, it's important to stretch the fight as long as possible.
    You have a zeta on sid? That's an huge improvement for this type of fight.

Last but not least, give your Vader a noticeable speed value. It should be over 200. If you can get >40% cc with one cc set, than go for the CD. Keep in mind, r2 offers 10% cc for every member.
    I use one cc and one CD set, have CD on the triangle and potency on my cross.
  • How R2 zeta helps that team? It has no effect on them.
  • antifreak2011
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Sry, misread it. It just make him a bit tankier. It isn't much. That's why I tagged it as "nice2have"

EDIT:
    Oh, you are right. Zeta just adds value for other units. So, it´s really unnecessary ;)
    Post edited by antifreak2011 on
  • Here is my swgoh.gg link:

https://swgoh.gg/u/lskywalker/collection/

I put a +23 speed crit chance mod on Vader so he is running at 218 with a CC of 43%~
    R2 becomes slower than Thrawn and Thrawns speed goes up to around the 260 mark.
    Zid can be made faster but I was trying to match your speeds.

I must be doing something wrong as there always seems to be at least almost a full turret and half a side turret to take down just before the tank gets its turn. I am using all the AOE's asap after the topple but I find myself having to use culling blade to take a turret down instead of using on the tank to maintain the tank not getting a turn.

Any clues?

• Don't know. Hard to say. I made an other proof of concept video, perhaps it helps. Unfortunatly I did a mistake, so just reached 4.2 mios. But it should be enough to show you, how I handle it properly ;)

https://youtu.be/gNWS47b9Kj0
  • Thank you for this.

I think maybe the offence up after topple is what I wasn’t doing to help with the turrets. Also making sure that the B2’s have enough dots to die when their turn comes round which then gives sid another turn.

I’m gonna give it a go tomorrow and see how it goes.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Noticed you didn't use zids aoe in topple if you use on his first turn in topple which you had most the time it would be available his second turn outside of topple which he's fast enough would go before side cannons go I believe anyway that would give you a crap load more dots. Nice find dude please try if you get a chance my theory I don't have clones and when my Thrawns 7 star want to try this .
  • I tried it some times ago, but sid should AOE instant, because otherwise its to dangerous, that one or more enemies are moving at least once. Feel free to try, but I cant recommand it.
  • I reached a new record.

5d43ab?filename=1504131150489_zader-p4.jpg&sub_type=thumbnail_preview&type=attachment&width=700&height=340&_felix_session_id=1edfaa6b632bb2ba26d56ab093600e52&salt=MTkxODA1Nl82MTEyMTcx

Did anybody else give it a try?

Nice to know that i'm not the only german speaker here ^^