Complain all you want but...

LordStyling
1461 posts Member
edited February 2016
but there's millions of star wars fans out there

hook-line-sinker

so no matter how much we complain here, they don't really care, not one bit

Their meetings are most likely "how can we make more money now", not "how can we make people more loyal and continuously spend money month after month"

That being said, they will get a huge turn around of people spending 100-1000$, lose them, and more will show up

ROI is the worse ever in this game but unless you read the forums, it's too late by the time you've dropped some money (and more then you wanted)

George Lucas would be ashamed of the way this game is handled.

Soooooo many people are left with a sour taste in their mouth here.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Look at clash of clans. It's a horrible daily grind to achieve the smallest thing once you reach TH9, yet look at how much money they make and how loyal their game players are. Years into it, and people still spend on it.

I for one got hooked because of the star wars brand, and feel guilty for spending money, and would have gladly kept on spending.

But is it normal to have put in 500$ (yeah I know, shame on me) and not have one exclusive toon exept a 2 star Leia???

They mislead us. They don't tell us (in game) that chronium for unlocked toons give you LESS then what they would be worth if you didn't have them....

The list of moraly wrong things is so long (and you all know them), so no point in repeating.

But you know what, they will still keep making money as new players will keep coming and going since it has the star wars name behind it.

Like I WISH they would give me a valid reason to keep spending money, but that won't happen. Most of us smarten up eventually. I have (finally) this week.

It's a shame. They prefer to get a quick money grab then created a long stream of 20-50$ a month spenders.

/end rant.

Replies

• Options

1407101642221.jpg
  • Options
    The fact that a good number of "complaining" threads, as they're so benevolently called by some, get a healthy amount of attention is a good step forward and no significant change was done in a few days.
    Ally code: 323-282-152. Member of TNR. The New Rebellion
  • Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

1407101642221.jpg

:smile:
  • Options
    This game could last years and years and beyond as we know Disney going to expand continue Star Wars but I agree, they're pandering to the current whales and once those whales spend and obtain everything, the game will die. I don't mind the grind as long as I'm obtaining the popular toons despite their power or lack thereof, like Anakin, Yoda, Leia, etc.
  • Options

Its so easy to fix too! Just acknowledge the mistake and either FIX IT or MAKE REPARATIONS

Anything else leaves that sour taste in the mouth

south-park-bp-sorry1.png

• Options
    Omnirhyze wrote: »
    The fact that a good number of "complaining" threads, as they're so benevolently called by some, get a healthy amount of attention is a good step forward and no significant change was done in a few days.

Like I said, they don't care.

Probably never will.

Have you ever seen a commercial for this game?
    NOT ME. Yet how many play it?

They will prefer the revolving door tactic then the let's keep them in here tactic.

Give me your money and leave. NEXT PLEASE!
  • Options
    I bought a 4 pack chronium in hopes of getting Some jedi shards for any of the 7 Jedi i have to help me get yoda faster. Well i got 10 Obi wan, 10 snow trooper, 10 clone trooper, and moff tarkin, basically wasted $10... Never again am i buying packs, Im cursed with getting pack exclusive characters. I've previously gotten Leia and kit fisto from packs and they're worthless unless they're eventually added to shipments.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    I agree, they don't care about those few players who complain here.

I agree, the priority for EA/CG is to make money, not to make every single player happy.

But can I blame 'em? No! That's how our capitalistic world works those days.

And if you spend money here then you know what you pay for. You know you can get just useless shards when you buy chromium and you have read the description. It's gambling, nothing else. You can win, you can loose.
  • LordStyling
    1461 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »

I agree, the priority for EA/CG is to make money, not to make every single player happy.

And if you spend money here then you know what you pay for. You know you can get just useless shards when you buy chromium and you have read the description. It's gambling, nothing else. You can win, you can loose.

That's the thing. Unless you read the forums, how can you know? Nothing is truly explained, and go once (20$ canadian), get crap, think you're not lucky, go again... do that a few times before you realise it will always be garbage, but by then, you already gave them 40-80$

I read on some other post, that it costs between 1500-3000$ to max out 7* an exclusive toon

lol ****
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »

That's the thing. Unless you read the forums, how can you know? Nothing is truly explained, and go once (20$ canadian), get crap, think you're not lucky, go again... do that a few times before you realise it will always be garbage, but by then, you already gave them 40-80$

I read on some other post, that it costs between 1500-3000$ to max out 7* an exclusive toon

lol ****

You don't need to read the forums. Open the game, click on the chromium card and you see a description that tells you that you can get shards and/or chars. It even shows you exactly what shards and chars you can possibly get.
    Have you ever wondered the people who posted that they have pulled these attractive toons are fake?! Just to lead people into a sense that these toons can be pulled from these packs.

Possible, but that's pure speculation.
  • Options
    Vodo;

it wasn't like that before and they explain to you how many shards you get if your "garanteed"
    toon (on an 8 pack) is a toon you already own.

• Options
    Aluxendr wrote: »

1407101642221.jpg

+1

Yeah... the guy who invented movie merchandising, marketed one of the first trilogies ever, went back and made another lackluster trilogy for... idk why (money?), repeatedly reissued both trilogies on home media, then turned around and sold the whole thing to Disney for a pretty penny... yeah. He'd totally be ashamed.

EA is just doing what every single developer has done with mobile freemium RPG games, and frankly, they've done a better and fairer job than most.

I have very few complaints. :)

• Options

hook-line-sinker

Their meetings are most likely "how can we make more money now", not "how can we make people more loyal and continuously spend money month after month"

That being said, they will get a huge turn around of people spending 100-1000$, lose them, and more will show up

ROI is the worse ever in this game but unless you read the forums, it's too late by the time you've dropped some money (and more then you wanted)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Look at clash of clans. It's a horrible daily grind to achieve the smallest thing once you reach TH9, yet look at how much money they make and how loyal their game players are. Years into it, and people still spend on it.

I for one got hooked because of the star wars brand, and feel guilty for spending money, and would have gladly kept on spending.

But is it normal to have put in 500$ (yeah I know, shame on me) and not have one exclusive toon exept a 2 star Leia???

They mislead us. They don't tell us (in game) that chronium for unlocked toons give you LESS then what they would be worth if you didn't have them....

The list of moraly wrong things is so long (and you all know them), so no point in repeating.

But you know what, they will still keep making money as new players will keep coming and going since it has the star wars name behind it.

Like I WISH they would give me a valid reason to keep spending money, but that won't happen. Most of us smarten up eventually. I have (finally) this week.

It's a shame. They prefer to get a quick money grab then created a long stream of 20-50$ a month spenders.

/end rant.

Same boat as you. This company is incredibly unethical and puts the customer last. Finally smartened up but too little too late.

I don't think George Lukas would care, but disney definitely does not run things this way. They are all about their customers, you make more in the long run off a happy customer than you do by conning then out of a quick buck.
  • Options
    I'm enjoying it so far. Have dropped probably 200 pounds on it at first until I felt the chromium route was too random.., I don't like imitating other people's team comps and won'tz make top 10 but like playing around with ut

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    Why oh why do people go on about how unethical this game is!!! Any game like this is designed to suck you dry of any and every penny you own! The way I judge these games is how much can you do if you are free to play or only drop a bit of money in it. I have spent less than £80 and have been playing since day 1. (and 40 of that was on the barris pack!) And I'm having a blast! Do I have loads of chromium only 7*? No! But I do have a roster containing 7 7* and plenty of enjoyable characters, complete gw everyday (quite challenging but enjoyable) and rank top 50 in a competitve server? Yes. People complain about the huge amounts of money they have spent without asking if they need to spend it!
  • Options
    d3gauss wrote: »

hook-line-sinker

/end rant.

Same boat as you. This company is incredibly unethical and puts the customer last. Finally smartened up but too little too late.

I don't think George Lukas would care, but disney definitely does not run things this way. They are all about their customers, you make more in the long run off a happy customer than you do by conning then out of a quick buck.

I was joking about the Lucas thing, but exactly, retention brings you loyal and profitable customers long term.
  • Options
    ctn13 wrote: »
    Why oh why do people go on about how unethical this game is!!! Any game like this is designed to suck you dry of any and every penny you own! The way I judge these games is how much can you do if you are free to play or only drop a bit of money in it. I have spent less than £80 and have been playing since day 1. (and 40 of that was on the barris pack!) And I'm having a blast! Do I have loads of chromium only 7*? No! But I do have a roster containing 7 7* and plenty of enjoyable characters, complete gw everyday (quite challenging but enjoyable) and rank top 50 in a competitve server? Yes. People complain about the huge amounts of money they have spent without asking if they need to spend it!

Because they are unethical! I'd gladly spend more money on the game if they weren't so greedy

Ex: Clash of Clans... been running strong for years because they aren't greedy, offer AMAZING customer service, offer events, listen to customers and don't purposly make every move one that is strictly for quick money. I've rarely heard of people being deceived (or feeling that way) from that game... why? because they are much more straight up then this game.

GOH: abuses the star wars brand and it's loyal fans. End of story
  • Options
    ctn13 wrote: »
    Why oh why do people go on about how unethical this game is!!! Any game like this is designed to suck you dry of any and every penny you own!

Because that is exactly an unethical business practice...

Remember you can play for free because somebody else is paying for you to play.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Lol this is too funny.

Ppl complaining that a business attempting to make $ is greedy..........

Someone call the news stations, this MUST go public lmfao. Grab your coats because **** must have just froze over........ I just cant believe it im in such shock!!!!!

Shame on you CG lol such shame, paying your employess to work on a game that ppl can play 100% free and have almost everything soenders can have in an attempt to turn a good profit..... Shame shame shame.

This is just unspeakable, how have we not realised they are only providng this FREE service to make $ sooner?????? I feel so taken advantage of lol

To think that business is trying to make $, whats the world coming to........
  • Options
    People as always are allowed their own opinion and experiences and expectations will always differ in games. I like a game where the gap between the rich and the poor ingame isn't massive. They have never once mislead what there products did. If customers choose to spend a $1000 on chromium then initially they will be way ahead of the curve but the smaller, monthly, spenders will eventually catch them up. Those that spend no money at all, while not being far behind are at a disadvantage compared to paying customers.I like this model and strangely it encourages small monthly payments (for crystals for energy recharges). Those that blindly dropped $1000's on a game they thought they could easily break with cash may well have got their hands burned but to be honest, that is soley their own fault and not on the games.
  • Options
    I think complaining and feedback are not the same thing. A lot of the posts here entail some criticism but also suggestions. I think it's absolutely fine that the game costs money but is also possible to play for free. I think the character packs and chromium cards are overpriced, especially sice the latter are a lottery. However, I do like that it is a lottery. It means that you can't buy yourself so easily to victory and it gives FTP people a chance too. I think that EA's focus is too much on the heavy spenders, because I believe that so many more players would spend money on the game if the packs weren't so overpriced. The turnover would be higher with more people spending money on packs, even if they are cheaper than before. The demand is there, but it is not utilized and players prefer to spend on crystals exclusively. Also, you have to keep in mind that the game is still in development and they are actively reading the forums and taking information in. I really appreciate how they consider the feedback they're getting when making changes to the game. What do you think a rant like this will accomplish? You're basically just saying what's wrong and offer no suggestions on what to do instead. Would you prefer the game to be completely free but full of ads? I know I wouldn't.
  • Options
    ok point taken

i've offered advice on other posts

just ranting on this one

frustrated at the lack of communication "in game" in regards to purchases (chroniums or bundles)

pay for a 80 shard toon, oh you already have it, here take 32. This should be CLEARLY explained so that people don't feel ripped off.
  • Options
    People sure complain a lot about a game they've been playing 3 months (maybe).
  • Options
    The best toon I have ever unlocked was 4* Barris from a free pack. I've only received a 2* Leia who dies in like one hit, and a few dissapointing shards from chromium packs. I bought maybe 3 of each and was angry after every opening! Chromium packs are just a joke.
    And it's just my opinion but anyone that spends hundreds to thousands of dollars on a mobile game may have a serious problem with addiction, and a game like this may not the best way for them to spend their time and money. I quit smoking after 15 years and my life is so much better without that addiction. Stay strong whales. Try spending some of that money on therapy.
  • Options
    Chronick wrote: »
    Try spending some of that money on therapy.

Lol

• Options
    I just totally pulled ohsaka from a FREE bronzium card !