The road ahead for those who missed CLS, as well as R2 and Thrawn

Prev1
Lord_Massacus
183 posts Member
edited August 2017
Just so you know, this is all based on my opinion, feel free to chip in your thoughts. After seeing the mess it made trying to get CLS I figured I should just shoot for getting my R2 toon to seven star. If you're in the same boat as me, (or even a little ahead) you may not have your toons at 7 star and maybe not R2 to seven star. I figure that Thrawn and R2 will probably both come around at least once before CLS comes around again, seeing as how legendary and OP they've made him (which is awesome!). While I did manage to get 5 7 star empire toons, I was unable to complete tier VII. I figure Thrawn will come again before R2, thus I think it would be wise to farm Phoenix squad for Thrawn, as to easily take R2 down next time, and maybe be ready for CLS before he comes again. Your thoughts? Do you guys think Thrawn and R2 will come again before CLS, and maybe start alternating next year like yoda and EP?
Ally code: 357613281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/

Replies

• I just hope they don't throw the ROTJ Luke event with CLS as a required toon before giving the rest of us who didn't get CLS another shot at him.
  • That sounds like a reasonable course of action to me.
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I just hope they don't throw the ROTJ Luke event with CLS as a required toon before giving the rest of us who didn't get CLS another shot at him.

I agree. However, they may give 2 shots at something before requiring it for another character, like how they allowed R2 to be attempted again before CLS launched.
  • They'll definitely be back before cls. If you haven't started farming PS, you are definitely behind. Ezra and Sabine are useful other places too.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    I just hope they don't throw the ROTJ Luke event with CLS as a required toon before giving the rest of us who didn't get CLS another shot at him.

Since they brought back r2 seemingly faster than they have in the past I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will bring back CLS before the next iteration of Luke.

I just hope it’s not another two years before the next Luke
  • sying wrote: »

Since they brought back r2 seemingly faster than they have in the past I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt that they will bring back CLS before the next iteration of Luke.

I just hope it’s not another two years before the next Luke

That would really suck. I think they may bring him back sometime in December for the new Star Wars movie, or possibly a new iteration or Rey or a new first order/resistance character
  • I'm glad I started playing in 2015. Yoda, Palpatene, R2, Thrawn and Commander Luke all seven stars.

Instead of being behind I've been able to stay ahead and being able to change as the metas change.

I'm using this to my advantage and continue to farm my roster stars and hoarding gear until I feel the need to use the toons when the time comes. Currently I have 102 seven star toons. And I've farmed every faction for any future events that may come my way.

Bring it on EA-CG...I'm ready for more now!!

Game life is pretty good for me nowadays!
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    farm phoenix first, then empire, then those specific characters required for commander luke and you should be good.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I hope, really hope that the Phoenix flash will make a return before thrawn. I think the likelihood is very high anyway, just like Luke flash event.
  • https://youtu.be/29qHVXcTrSA

Pretty close to bare minimum for CLS unlock. Stats at the end.

The video says its private and wont play

One of my guild memebers unlocked CLS with gear8 R2 and OB the rest gear 9.

The video says its private and wont play

One of my guild memebers unlocked CLS with gear8 R2 and OB the rest gear 9.

Thanks i changed it.
    Its boring to watch without music
  • I was same first time R2 event, I had the 7* empire but could not beat tier7. I didnt get to upgrade any but tarkin to gear9 before the sudden appearance of the second R2 event. I somehow managed to beat it first try despite tarkin getting killed off immediately in the final phase. The irony.
  • Its funny because im still 40 short on OB with my main and gear levels are higher.
    Ive for double z R2 g11
  • I was same first time R2 event, I had the 7* empire but could not beat tier7. I didnt get to upgrade any but tarkin to gear9 before the sudden appearance of the second R2 event. I somehow managed to beat it first try despite tarkin getting killed off immediately in the final phase. The irony.

Sounds like something I'll end up having to pull off as well
  • I'm glad I started playing in 2015. Yoda, Palpatene, R2, Thrawn and Commander Luke all seven stars.

Instead of being behind I've been able to stay ahead and being able to change as the metas change.

I'm using this to my advantage and continue to farm my roster stars and hoarding gear until I feel the need to use the toons when the time comes. Currently I have 102 seven star toons. And I've farmed every faction for any future events that may come my way.

Bring it on EA-CG...I'm ready for more now!!

Game life is pretty good for me nowadays!

How many gear 11 teams do you have?
  • Instead of focusing on farming proactively, simply start being a player than farms reactively.

Example: Thrawn event. Phoenix characters are out of your reach. But now you know you have time to farm them, and know exactly what to farm. So farm them after the fact.

Why everyone feels the need to get everything the first time is asinine. It's why EA makes so much money off those people.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Bennehftw wrote: »

Why everyone feels the need to get everything the first time is asinine. It's why EA makes so much money off those people.

tenor.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I had Phoenix done already anyway but I agree. I just missed out on R2 at 7 star so I'm rethinking my Empire team and taking time to get everything in order. Also the toons for CLS.
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    Instead of focusing on farming proactively, simply start being a player than farms reactively.

Example: Thrawn event. Phoenix characters are out of your reach. But now you know you have time to farm them, and know exactly what to farm. So farm them after the fact.

It's like buying used v. new. By the time he comes back around, the excitement will be a faded memory. Sure you finally get him when he's yesterday's news. He'll be nerfed from soloing the raid just like Zylo and Zader, everyone will know how to easily counter him in Arena, and he'll be washed up yet useful where you can fit him in. His epic meter will be half. It's like the depreciation on a brand new car the moment it leaves the lot.
  • I had Phoenix done already anyway but I agree. I just missed out on R2 at 7 star so I'm rethinking my Empire team and taking time to get everything in order. Also the toons for CLS.

I used Zader, EP, TFP, RG, and GMT. I probably auto'd it 50 times in a row before I finally got the right RNG
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    leef wrote: »
    Bennehftw wrote: »

tenor.gif

Well put.
  • ColonelTravis
    365 posts Member
    edited August 2017

It's like buying used v. new. By the time he comes back around, the excitement will be a faded memory. Sure you finally get him when he's yesterday's news. He'll be nerfed from soloing the raid just like Zylo and Zader, everyone will know how to easily counter him in Arena, and he'll be washed up yet useful where you can fit him in. His epic meter will be half. It's like the depreciation on a brand new car the moment it leaves the lot.

Limited resources prevent me from "buying new" much in this game. I got Yoda, EP and R2 all the second time around. None of those three are washed up, and since I never had them, there was excitement once I did. Zylo can solo what he's always solo'd. Just takes longer. Do you have the patience? That's for you to decide. Thrawn is the only major character release I don't have. Honestly, I don't care about him, will probably skip his next event to work on the rest of my roster.

If you're able to go after these guys when they come out, I think that's great and you should. If you don't throw cash at the game, you need patience and have a long-term strategy that doesn't leave you frustrated.
  • Bennehftw wrote: »
    Instead of focusing on farming proactively, simply start being a player than farms reactively.

Man...I'm an adult child who grew up on Star Wars. Unfortunately that means no parent to tell me know when I want something in game, so I just buy. I can't imagine any game having this much power over the adult demographic.

• It's like buying used v. new. By the time he comes back around, the excitement will be a faded memory. Sure you finally get him when he's yesterday's news. He'll be nerfed from soloing the raid just like Zylo and Zader, everyone will know how to easily counter him in Arena, and he'll be washed up yet useful where you can fit him in. His epic meter will be half. It's like the depreciation on a brand new car the moment it leaves the lot.

Limited resources prevent me from "buying new" much in this game. I got Yoda, EP and R2 all the second time around. None of those three are washed up. Zylo can solo what he's always solo'd. Just takes longer. Do you have the patience? That's for you to decide. Thrawn is the only major character release I don't have. Honestly, I don't care about him, will probably skip his next event to work on the rest of my roster.

If you're able to go after these guys when they come out, I think that's great and you should. If you don't throw cash at the game, you need patience and have a long-term strategy that doesn't leave you frustrated.

Sometimes I have the patience. I spend 4 hours retreating in HAAT phase 1 to rack up a million damage with Zylo. I farmed him and zetad him in a couple weeks. One of the easiest toons I farmed. Other times I'm not so patient.

However, What I said is probably the most common mindset of people who want it on first launch. Whether it should be or not is not up to me to decide for others.
  • Sometimes I have the patience. I spend 4 hours retreating in HAAT phase 1 to rack up a million damage with Zylo.

Yowza. That is patience, my friend. Is your Zylo G11? Going from 10 to 11 for me - not fun.
  • Sometimes I have the patience. I spend 4 hours retreating in HAAT phase 1 to rack up a million damage with Zylo.

Yowza. That is patience, my friend. Is your Zylo G11? Going from 10 to 11 for me - not fun.

I only have him at gear 10 for now. I am trying to get all HAAT teams to gear 10 before getting any of them to 11. JE and CN are slowing me down because of mk5 droid callers which I haven't been getting much of in the past few weeks.
  • "The road to nowhere leads to me" -crazy guy who feasted on bat heads