Minimum Gear for CLS event?

Prev1
I'm going to be getting Old Ben to 7 stars at the end of the CLS Event (Hero's Journey). My other toons are Gear 8. Will that be enough or am I wasting crystals to refresh Cantina for Old Ben? Everyone I've seen with Commander Luke has R2 at gear 11.

Replies

• Options
    Don't gear OB at all- without spoiling it, he doesn't need any gear, just looking k at the new button that appears in his part (6?) of the event.
  • Options
    i think with everyone gear 8 you wont make it. i had sth and old Ben at gear 8. thats okay. but you need the others to carry. R2 and Farmboy were 9 and Leia saved the day with g11. and it was really close.
    I don't think your guy can be much worse for this.
  • Options
    I had r2 and leia at 8, luke and han at 7... you just need really good mods and good rng.
  • Options
    I had Han and Leia at g10, Ben at g9, luke and r2 g8. Ben was fine, the rest have to be strong for the last tier. I only made it after i omegad leia's basic.
  • Options
    I have StHan at 11, R2 at 9, Leia and Luke at 8....doable?
  • Options
    Whind you should be fine with good mods. Sth and r2 carried me.
  • Options
    Was able to beat it with r2 g9, leia luke and han all g8 just took a while...
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Luke,Leia,Han were all gear 8 and around 13,500 power and r2d2 gear 10 at 15,500 power.Load Han up with all 23.5 protection mods,get Leia,r2 around 200 spd,luke 150 spd and you'll roll right into the last tier which took a few tries with good rng....I was glad I didn't have to burn any of my furnaces.
  • Ruyen
    46 posts Member
    Options
    I had r2 and leia at 8, luke and han at 7... you just need really good mods and good rng.
    What level were your characters and their abilities? And what mods worked for you?
  • Options
    Abhorsen wrote: »
    Everyone I've seen with Commander Luke has R2 at gear 11.

That sounds like overkill for R2. I did it with:

STHan = lvl 80 + g10
    Luke = lvl 78 + g8
    Leia = lvl 76 + g9
    R2-D2 = lvl 76 + g8
  • Syrath
    129 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I did it with
    StH level 78, G8
    FBL 78 G7
    Leia 75 g8
    OB 73 g7
    R2 85 g11 zeta in CA

The last tier took some good rng but after about 5 tries I got it. All had level 12 mods that I had unassigned except r2 as he's in my arena squad. Most abilities at level 6 some at 5 and OBs were lower.
  • Options
    I DID IT!...Barely.
    R2 Gear 7 (Omega'd Electric Shock--this was the key)
    Leia Gear 8--all but furnace (also omega'd her hair trigger)
    Luke Gear 8 I have no gear activated on this gear level. (Omega'd Bullseye)
    Han Gear 9 (No gear activated in this gear tier. (Maxed Wary Shot and Leader

I also moved all my mods from arena to this team.
    I forgot to max my leader abilities...lol. Took me about an hour to beat--making small changes each time.

Thanks for the advice. I hope this comes around again for those that didn't get it the first round. Until then...I get to whoop their but in arena with CLS :P
  • CannedTuna1
    6 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I did it....bunch of people in kitten gear....just gave em my best mods
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • Options
    I've been prepping my rebels for this for ages and I'm not sure if my team will cut it...

R2 at g12 (zeta on number crunch)
    STH, Ben, farm boi at g9
    And Leia at g8

I'm hoping R2 is enough to carry
  • Options
    Hope my team is good to go:

Ben g10
    Luke g9
    Leia g9 (Hair Trigger & Rebel Tactics omega'd)
    Han g10
    R2 g10
  • Options
    G8 with good mods is probably doable, have to hit your head against the brick wall of RNG a bit though. Not done it myself yet but read people saying g7 was possible, ill advised though I would think.

I've got Luke at g8, ST Han and Old Ben at g9, R2 (zeta) and Leia at g10. Will add gear if I have to but saving as much a I can to give CLS immediately
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ok so, just in case I've updated my Leia, so now with the exception of FBL all my team is g10. I hope it's enough, because I wanna save for CLS.
  • Options
    My toons r all minimum gear 9 with most abilities omega'd... Question is mods: most seem to b emphasizing good mods. What do u consider "good mods" for each character?
    Thanks
  • Options
    I've got my R2 g12 Zeta number Crunch, Leia g11 Zeta, Old Ben and ST Han g9, and Farmboy Luke g8. I hope that's good enough :)
  • Options
    @Eponimous I tend to keep it simple, stick to health mods for survivability, speed secondaries and make sure the arrow mod is speed. 5 or 4 dot mods (ideally not starting with an E rank At level 1, means secondary stats stay low)

Can get more in depth than that but if you've got a load of 2 dot mods you will struggle I would think.
  • Options
    I'm sure others can give more specific advice, I see a lot of recommending Leia have a crit damage set (30% crit damage increase) but she's not the most resilient and that takes 4 mods slots
  • Options
    JediJim wrote: »
    I'm sure others can give more specific advice, I see a lot of recommending Leia have a crit damage set (30% crit damage increase) but she's not the most resilient and that takes 4 mods slots
    She's fairly fragile, but you can keep her permanently in stealth with an omega so you should be alright. But, also, she's good! Throw things on her! The update they gave her kit before the first Luke event really helped a lot.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    thanks guys... It helps to keep it simple. I actually have leia with health & speed mods and she's pretty strong. I've started modding Han for defense & protection. Appreciate the advice
  • Options
    Does this squad have a chance? RNG is no stranger to me, I played the R2 event for 12 hours straight, so all I need to know is if it's possible even in the slightest. I can bring 2 of the gear 8s to gear 9, but I am trying to conserve my furnaces for when I get CLS.

http://swgoh.gg/u/old man jenkins/squads/1034/
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Does this squad have a chance? RNG is no stranger to me, I played the R2 event for 12 hours straight...

12 HOURS? Holy poop on a stick! I did it within a couple of hours, till I get a good RNG. :D
  • Options
    Don't gear OB at all- without spoiling it, he doesn't need any gear, just looking k at the new button that appears in his part (6?) of the event.

This is very bad advice. Old Ben is used in 2 parts on tatooine before part 4 which is what you are talking about ( Death Star)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150887/cls-walkthrough-videos#latest
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Does this squad have a chance? RNG is no stranger to me, I played the R2 event for 12 hours straight, so all I need to know is if it's possible even in the slightest. I can bring 2 of the gear 8s to gear 9, but I am trying to conserve my furnaces for when I get CLS.

You might need the gear ix but I reckon it's good enough to make the attempt. You can upgrade gear during the event if you want.
  • Options
    Does this squad have a chance? RNG is no stranger to me, I played the R2 event for 12 hours straight...

12 HOURS? Holy poop on a stick! I did it within a couple of hours, till I get a good RNG. :D

Yeah... I was hoping that I would have had Vader, but the fleet store was unkind to me. I had to use an under geared magma trooper. After getting R2 was when the final 15 shards i needed showed up in the shop lol.
  • Options
    I've seen claims of g7 getting through, g8 as long as you put good mods/your best mods on them it shouldn't be too bad I hope, certainly not 12 hours. My Luke is g8 and Han is G9 so I'd be set to struggle too.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    @Abhorsen You're basically asking the question that I was already thinking. Don't get me wrong, I already have all 5 at 7*. But even I was wondering if I have enough...

Luke (farmboy obviously lol) lvl 85 gear 9
    Ben lvl 85 gear 9
    R2 lvl 85 gear 9
    St Han lvl 85 gear 9
    Leia lvl 85 gear 9

All have max mods and omega'd abilities (no zetas).

Can someone tag me and post their opinions as to if I have enough, and if I'll be able to defeat the event? I'd appreciate it. Thanks. :)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ