Minimum Gear for CLS event?

2Next

Replies

• @KyJoe_Cool I was able to defeat the event with a squad weaker than yours and won. It took me a few tries and mod tweaking but it eventuallu worked out. You should be fine, but the last tier will be the toughest by far.
  • fokas
    9 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @Abhorsen @KyJoe_Cool
    I completed the event with R2 at G10 and everybody else at G8.
    Ben doesn't have to be too strong, he doesn't need his abilities maxed.
    I used stHan as leader without any omegas nor zetas.
    I maxed Leia's basic and special, no zetas.
    Same with farm boy Luke, I think maxing out his basic and special is essential, no zetas.
    R2's abilities all maxed out except combat analysis, so one zeta here.
    I did some work with the mods, but I didn't use anything crazy cause I don't have godly mods.
  • I did it with all the toons gear 9. I only needed to add mods on the last tier. So, logically, gear 8 with good mods should work too.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I did it with everybody g10 and FBL g9, was so easy I did it all on auto (sorry, only recorded last tier due space on my phone):

https://youtube.com/watch?v=SkJhXkzmXdI

• All G9 except Luke G8. All abilities up to omega, no zetas. Decent mods. Took 3 or 4 attempts on last level.
  • @Old_Man_Jenkins @fokas Alright. Cool. Thanks for the help. I feel a whole lot better now. I'm gonna battle the event in a bit. I'll let y'all know what happens. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • r2 g10 no zeta but omegas, everyone else g8,
    only omegas on luke and leias basics, every other ability not even maxed out.
    took me 10-15 tries in the last phase.
  • G8 Luke, G9 ST Han, G10 Leia and R2 (number crunch) with half decent mods and walked straight through it. Final tier was down to Leia and R2 at the end though
  • I was able to pull it off with this team, although Leia was the last one alive and it took me about 10 attempts. Plus I found it was best to not auto the final tier. Oh and all characters are 85, all characters' abilities (except Old Ben) are maxed or maxed until zetas are needed, and R2's Number Crunch is the only ability zeta'd.

ST Han Gear 10 (used as leader for final tier)

Leia, Old Ben, and R2 Gear 9

Farmboy Luke Gear 8

Mods I threw whatever on them and got most mods to level 15. But I was able to unlock Commander Luke with this team, although Old Ben isn't needed for final tier because of what goes down in the second to last tier.
  • I have Farm Boy Luke and ST Han at 7 stars lvl 85 gearlvl 8 well moded all mods at 15 and I can't even get past 5 star stage. By the other comments, I shouldn't have had a problem. I worked for months to level up required toons. R2 and old Ben are 7 stars yet, but I thought I could advance. I don't only loss stage, I get rolled over.
    Advice?
  • I have Farm Boy Luke and ST Han at 7 stars lvl 85 gearlvl 8 well moded all mods at 15 and I can't even get past 5 star stage. By the other comments, I shouldn't have had a problem. I worked for months to level up required toons. R2 and old Ben are 7 stars yet, but I thought I could advance. I don't only loss stage, I get rolled over.
    Advice?

Have you a swgoh.gg account so we can look at your upgrades and mods and give an opinion.

I don't know without seeing what the issue is.
  • KnightRK
    47 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    fokas wrote: »
    @Abhorsen @KyJoe_Cool
    I completed the event with R2 at G10 and everybody else at G8.
    Ben doesn't have to be too strong, he doesn't need his abilities maxed.
    I used stHan as leader without any omegas nor zetas.
    I maxed Leia's basic and special, no zetas.
    Same with farm boy Luke, I think maxing out his basic and special is essential, no zetas.
    R2's abilities all maxed out except combat analysis, so one zeta here.
    I did some work with the mods, but I didn't use anything crazy cause I don't have godly mods.

I made like your team. The difference is that I didn't max Leia's abilities. The rest is like yours.
    Tier 3 I pass using FBL as leader and the rest I use Leia Leader.

After get CLS, I earn one Gear from achievements and now my R2 is G11.
  • Abhorsen wrote: »
    I'm going to be getting Old Ben to 7 stars at the end of the CLS Event (Hero's Journey). My other toons are Gear 8. Will that be enough or am I wasting crystals to refresh Cantina for Old Ben? Everyone I've seen with Commander Luke has R2 at gear 11.

My entire guild has done about the same thing .
    R2- g10 zeta (seen others with all g9)

Everyone else g8 with speed mods any combination just as much speed as possible.

Speed is the key here for sure 200+ and g8 works .
    Good luck
  • @Old_Man_Jenkins @fokas @Reaperscout @KnightRK Ok so guess what has two thumbs and just activated CLS? This guy! :blush:
    Yeah so I used the team I previously mentioned and it did go down to just Leia and two storm troopers, but because she was already stealthed because of r2 she gained foresight and crit damage and chance up so she dodged the one hit from one of the troopers. Then her basic defeated him (cause of multiple attacks of the one basic attack) and then I tapped her stealth and since she was already stealthed she gained 100% tm so she attacked 3 times (multi attack off the one basic attack) to defeat the last Stormtrooper. It did take me I think 4 times to defeat the final tier of the event. All the other tiers were easy as pie. And yes. I do not advise tapping auto for the last tier. St Han and Luke will get defeated first (at least that's how it worked out for me). Just keep going at it and prioritize Leia and r2's attacks. It takes some strategy even at gear 9 but it is way easier than the last stage of the r2 event (if you don't have TFP that is). lol. So long story short?... yay me!! rofl :sunglasses: And thanks for all the help. A lot of helpful advice here. ;)
  • @KyJoe_Cool

Congrats!!! I know you will enjoy your CLS like I will!!!

Happy New Year!!!
  • @KnightRK Thanks so much! I already have him one away from gear 9, level 85, abilities maxed (omega'd, no zeta's), and with 5 dot max level 15 potency mods. To be honest, I've tried him out already... and he's awesome!! Can't believe I actually own him! Thanks for your help! Happy New Year to you as well! :smiley:
  • Naraic wrote: »
    I have Farm Boy Luke and ST Han at 7 stars lvl 85 gearlvl 8 well moded all mods at 15 and I can't even get past 5 star stage. By the other comments, I shouldn't have had a problem. I worked for months to level up required toons. R2 and old Ben are 7 stars yet, but I thought I could advance. I don't only loss stage, I get rolled over.
    Advice?

Have you a swgoh.gg account so we can look at your upgrades and mods and give an opinion.

I just set one up, it had some trouble with sinc, I think I it went through, finally didn't get an error message. Under same name, ZenStarrider
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    I have Farm Boy Luke and ST Han at 7 stars lvl 85 gearlvl 8 well moded all mods at 15 and I can't even get past 5 star stage. By the other comments, I shouldn't have had a problem. I worked for months to level up required toons. R2 and old Ben are 7 stars yet, but I thought I could advance. I don't only loss stage, I get rolled over.
    Advice?

I just set one up, it had some trouble with sinc, I think I it went through, finally didn't get an error message. Under same name, ZenStarrider

If you tried again with better mods you might do better. It won't do you any good in the long run as you need both Ben and r2d2 at 7 star which you don't have.

You want to focus on 5 dot mods not 1 dot and two dot. These are bad mods and you are wasting credits by levelling up 1 dot mods for your characters.
  • heeeeeeeeeeelp me plsssssssssssssssssss

https://swgoh.gg/u/aoyarvide/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    aoyarvide wrote: »
    heeeeeeeeeeelp me plsssssssssssssssssss

Who are you using as a leader and can you level up their leadership abilities (you have Luke and Leia half way and Han a bit shy of completion)

Also can you get the last non omega upgrade to r2s aoe. Otherwise pushing r2d2 to gear ix would help.
    Advice?

If you tried again with better mods you might do better. It won't do you any good in the long run as you need both Ben and r2d2 at 7 star which you don't have.

You want to focus on 5 dot mods not 1 dot and two dot. These are bad mods and you are wasting credits by levelling up 1 dot mods for your characters.

K, thx, I knew I wouldn't complete, but I thought I could at least advance past where I was. I had a feeling it was the mods. On the other hand, 7stars can't even complete in 5 star stage? And I could accept better that mods would keep me from completing an 5star on 5 star, but I'm not even close. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
    Thanks for your help.
    Advice?

Thx, that worked, I was able switch some mods around.
    aoyarvide wrote: »
    heeeeeeeeeeelp me plsssssssssssssssssss

Who are you using as a leader and can you level up their leadership abilities (you have Luke and Leia half way and Han a bit shy of completion)

Also can you get the last non omega upgrade to r2s aoe. Otherwise pushing r2d2 to gear ix would help.

Han solo so i will trybupgrade r2 abilitie and gear ty
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I made it with:
    Leia g11
    R2 g7
    Luk g8
    Han g8.
    Han on lead. Leia did all the dmg on last phase. Good mods only on Leia. Abilities maxed on Leia and R2, but without zetas. Han and Luke abilities lvl5.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    GL10/9/8/8/8
    LV83/80/80/80/65
    R2/PL/STH/FBL/OB resectively.
    Omega'd only 4 abilities.
    R2's basic & 2 specials
    PL's basic
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't gear OB at all- without spoiling it, he doesn't need any gear, just looking k at the new button that appears in his part (6?) of the event.

This is very bad advice. Old Ben is used in 2 parts on tatooine before part 4 which is what you are talking about ( Death Star)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/150887/cls-walkthrough-videos#latest

Way late to the party... but did his levels with a poorly modded, level 72 low gear and lvl 4 attacks ben. Just takes rng and time.