Why did we do the ewoks at all??

Kronen
306 posts Member
I like that they finally fleshed out the ewoks but my concern is why did they do it right before cls?? They gave the impression that they would be important to the coming Luke event but that was all vaporware. The new Luke is based on the one from empire strikes back not the last film which means he doesn't have anything to do with the ewoks yet. And none of them were needed at all. Even if you didn't spent money or crystals on the packs, we wasted a month of time and resources on a lackluster group of characters at best. The ewoks as a team aren't essential for any part of the game. Chirpa, elder and teebo are still the only ones if use in raids. The we get the official notice right before the cls event that none of the ewoks were needed. So we are forced to change gears right before cls to get the hero's we do need. If we had spent all that time on ewoks on our cls team instead, alot more people would have been ready.

Replies

• Why for the AT-ST event
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kronen wrote: »
    I like that they finally fleshed out the ewoks but my concern is why did they do it right before cls?? They gave the impression that they would be important to the coming Luke event but that was all vaporware. The new Luke is based on the one from empire strikes back not the last film which means he doesn't have anything to do with the ewoks yet. And none of them were needed at all. Even if you didn't spent money or crystals on the packs, we wasted a month of time and resources on a lackluster group of characters at best. The ewoks as a team aren't essential for any part of the game. Chirpa, elder and teebo are still the only ones if use in raids. The we get the official notice right before the cls event that none of the ewoks were needed. So we are forced to change gears right before cls to get the hero's we do need. If we had spent all that time on ewoks on our cls team instead, alot more people would have been ready.

Come on dude, people complain about power creep and how certain factions are useless. Now if you were an ewok fan you can make a semi respectable squad for arena or GW with your little teddy bears. Balance in the game is good.
  • Kronen wrote: »

Now if you were an ewok fan

Bueller? Bueller?
  • [Speculation] They are for the C3PO event [/speculation]
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I played the little unlock events and that was it. Didn't spend another minute or crystal beyond that. Turns out it was OK to ignore them, so I don't regret it.
  • If we would have ignored them can you imagine the abuse you would have got. "You should have known ewoks were needed for Luke all the signs were there. Devs could not be any clearer
    You don't deserve Luke etc"
  • dPaxton wrote: »
    If we would have ignored them can you imagine the abuse you would have got. "You should have known ewoks were needed for Luke all the signs were there. Devs could not be any clearer
    You don't deserve Luke etc"

Lol totally right
  • Anita88888
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    We'll need ewoks for AT-ST event in order to earn Wicket shards. Then, if you own a 7* Wicket you can do the bonus tier of this event and earn extremely rare, or possibly, specific unique mods (Bonus Tier rewards are still being decided.)
  • Anita88888 wrote: »
    We'll need ewoks for AT-ST event in order to earn Wicket shards. Then, if you own a 7* Wicket you can do the bonus tier of this event and earn extremely rare, or possibly, specific unique mods (Bonus Tier rewards are still being decided.)

2 months from now? Im really glad i sidelined old ben farming for ewoks. I would hate to miss out on ewoks event NEXT YEAR.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    It's pretty obvious Wicket will be a requirement to unlock ROTJ Luke, C3PO, etc. or needed for some big upcoming event. You had advanced notice and opportunity shoved all up in yoda faces in July.

• Anita88888 wrote: »

2 months from now? Im really glad i sidelined old ben farming for ewoks. I would hate to miss out on ewoks event NEXT YEAR.

If they hadn't gotten you to pause your Old Ben farming, how on earth would they be able to get you to buy packs and /or extra refreshes?
    They've gotta get your money, man!
    Devs gotta eat. Stop being so selfish.

/s
  • Wallets welded shut now. Nothing is going to change that.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • We all said this about Phoenix team, they were all near garbage and not worth it.. then the thrawn event..
  • Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    My guess is Ewoks will be needed for the next leg (or future legs) of the Hero's Journey. I've got 5 of them at 7* just in case.
  • AntonioGNAL
    104 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    To be honest it was somewhat clear the ewoks would not be required for CLS. I farmed them anyway and it was a massive waste, but we could have skipped them and we did not.

I don't regret it too much, who knows, maybe they will be useful at some point, but I doubt it. At best the P2P ewoks will be used somewhere, so we did not make any progress farming the previous ones...
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious Wicket will be a requirement to unlock ROTJ Luke, C3PO, etc. or needed for some big upcoming event. You had advanced notice and opportunity shoved all up in yoda faces in July.

Most likely 3P0 but i dont see how you can say pretty obvious.
  • Dont worry so much. They will help in a future event. They were hugely important in ROTJ, on Luke's journey to become a Jedi. Don't be surprised if they are integral to the final stages of the Hero's Journey. Obviously no guarantees, but you will be ready for that eventuality, won't you?
  • Only wicket will be needed. Which means all dwoks will be needed.
  • The at-st event will only be for wicket shards. And if they do add a Jedi Luke or c3po it won't be soon possibly next year. Meanwhile there are far more essential and usefulll teams and hero's than the ewoks. The ewoks are basically like the Jawa. They are highly effective in one small part of the game and only when fully maxed. Otherwise only 2 or 3 of them are of any use mixed into other teams.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    The current event for CLS took the player through the events of Star Wars. Wouldn't logic dictate that an event to unlock RotJ Luke take the player through the events of Empire? No Ewoks should be needed. Logically speaking, of course.

Edit: I'm going to start farming Lobot now.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu