Is CLS the same as bespin Luke?

Prev13
To me he looks the same and if he is... Why no jedi tag? I mean when he left for bespin he never got any more jedi training, that I am aware of, cuz when he came back to dagobah yoda died very soon after.
So is there a reason he isn't a jedi? Im sure jedi players would love this and it wouldn't change anything about him.

Replies

• He did have much more Jedi training after he fought his father (spoiler alert) he even created his own lightsaber when all the crystals have been eradicated by the emperor. Which is the final step in becoming a Jedi knight.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    As stated above, Bespin Luke had not yet constructed his own lightsaber.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    The devs apparently consulted with Lucasfilm and they said hes not a jedi yet.
  • Jamesm wrote: »

He was never knighted by anyone in the Jedi council, ever, so not even ROTJ Luke will have a Jedi tag :joy:

He was never knighted by anyone in the Jedi council, ever, so not even ROTJ Luke will have a Jedi tag :joy:

"One thing remains: Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi, will you be" - Yoda
  • Luke only became a Jedi after he defeated Vader.
  • Ok I get he's not a jedi KNIGHT but isn't he still a jedi padawan? Ahsoka is a jedi in the game and she never became a knight.

"One thing remains: Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi, will you be" - Yoda

I was joking! But, if we are gonna have a nerd-out... let's go! :sweat_smile:

There's an actual knighting ceremony that he never went through. He could've been knighted in a Jedi Temple as Kanan Jarrus was. Also, there's no council to discuss (and veto, if needed) Yoda's decision - he does not have unanimous power.

Even more, the Jedi order doesn't exist at this point, so if anything he should be tagged "force-sensitive" or "force-user".

Joined forums today, already more fun than the game itself lol :tongue:

I was joking! But, if we are gonna have a nerd-out... let's go! :sweat_smile:

There's an actual knighting ceremony that he never went through. He could've been knighted in a Jedi Temple as Kanan Jarrus was. Also, there's no council to discuss (and veto, if needed) Yoda's decision - he does not have unanimous power.

Even more, the Jedi order doesn't exist at this point, so if anything he should be tagged "force-sensitive" or "force-user".

Joined forums today, already more fun than the game itself lol :tongue:

Can't really tell over text ;). Since there is no council and the entire Jedi order is destroyed he doesn't need a ceremony nore an imaginary council's approval. Yoda can give Luke whatever title he wants.
  • I assume there was a ton of training with Yoda that happened between ESB and ROTJ. Luke had much better skills when he entered Jabba's palace, so he clearly trained a lot.
  • Jamesm
    863 posts Member
    I assume there was a ton of training with Yoda that happened between ESB and ROTJ. Luke had much better skills when he entered Jabba's palace, so he clearly trained a lot.

The movies pretty well establish that he doesnt go back until we see him do so in ROTJ.
  • Ok I get he's not a jedi KNIGHT but isn't he still a jedi padawan? Ahsoka is a jedi in the game and she never became a knight.

She was never a Jedi Knight, but she was an officially recognized part of the Jedi Order. By the time Rebels comes around she's no longer a Jedi for reasons. I don't know, I never watched it.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

ROTJ Luke will be a rebel.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Ok I get he's not a jedi KNIGHT but isn't he still a jedi padawan? Ahsoka is a jedi in the game and she never became a knight.

She was never a Jedi Knight, but she was an officially recognized part of the Jedi Order. By the time Rebels comes around she's no longer a Jedi for reasons. I don't know, I never watched it.

Yes well didn't yoda sorta recognize luke as a jedi when he was training him? I mean he was training him to be a jedi. Also the reason FAT (or ATF) isn't a jedi is cuz she left the order at the end of the clone wars thus forsaking the jedi way.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Luke: Master Yoda, you can't die.

Yoda: Strong, am I with the Force...but not that strong. Twilight is upon me, and soon night must fall. That is the way of things...the way of the Force.

Luke: But I need your help. I've come back to complete the training.

Yoda: No more training, do you require. Already know you that which you need.

Luke: Then I am a Jedi.

Yoda: [coughs trying to speak] Not yet. One thing remains: Vader. You must...confront...Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi, will you be. And confront him, you will.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Even Bespin Luke isn't a Jedi or even a Padawan at that point, he's a Jedi dropout at that point, so no Jedi tag
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Same person
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Same person

A person who drops out of college, isn't a college student anymore, it's still the same person just without the college student title, funny how that works
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • __ZIPPY__
    52 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I love all the fan boys spouting complete kitten thinking they have any idea what the devs are planning
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • @Ztyle that sorta makes sense. But as for luke having to confront vader... he did in episode 5... And I dont remember any other jedi having to defeat sith lords to become jedi...
  • MaathFaselli_1
    254 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    __ZIPPY__ wrote: »
    I love all the fan boys spouting complete kitten thinking they have any idea what the devs are planning

Scuse me? We are discussing whether CLS should or should not have a jedi tag and why. So how about u go find another discussion to troll in.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    He had to confront vader, not defeat vader. Also it wasn't his task from Yoda until Return of the Jedi.
  • JTM48
    33 posts Member
    Obi Wan became a jedi by defeating darth maul
  • __ZIPPY__ wrote: »
    I love all the fan boys spouting complete puppies thinking they have any idea what the devs are planning

No one is claiming to know what the devs are planning. We are just deconstructing the movies to see what would make logical sense for Rotj Luke's tags.
  • JTM48 wrote: »
    Obi Wan became a jedi by defeating darth maul

So who did yoda confront? Dooku? Thats a long time being on the jedi counsel without being a jedi.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    @Ztyle that sorta makes sense. But as for luke having to confront vader... he did in episode 5... And I dont remember any other jedi having to defeat sith lords to become jedi...

Confronting doesn't mean defeating
    Actually as there was no nomal Jedi test he could pass anymore as the Jedi Order was in ruin, the only way he could be tested was against Vader, as it would trigger all of his emotions
    Remember Yoda told Luke that he would be able to know the light side from the dark, when come
    Imo Luke became a Jedi right after his anger burst against Vader, when he was come and denied the dark side, then he did the most stupid thing ever, threw away his lightsaber, good thing for him that blod is thicker than the dark side
  • Ok, look at it this way if QGJ was leading a strike team and maul was in it would maul benefit from QGJs leadership and guidance? How about a B2? Or a jawa? Or CLS? Farmboy luke benefited from old bens guidance, why shouldn't CLS benefit from a jedi master?
  • He might not be a 100% jedi but he is training to become a jedi
  • I assume there was a ton of training with Yoda that happened between ESB and ROTJ. Luke had much better skills when he entered Jabba's palace, so he clearly trained a lot.

This is a time period I want to learn more of in comics and books
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    I assume there was a ton of training with Yoda that happened between ESB and ROTJ. Luke had much better skills when he entered Jabba's palace, so he clearly trained a lot.

This is a time period I want to learn more of in comics and books

Yeah me too!

I think in some book (Shaddows of the Empire?) Luke returns to Old Ben's house and reads Ben's journals and builds his green saber... but that was only like a page long no real story to it, just a brief mention.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi