Wondering why there was a forced Client Restart? New Game Update 2/12/2016!

Replies

• Options
    To quote a wise man...

"Noooooooooooooooooooooo" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    So now damage over time can't kill the opponent again? What kind of horse **** is that
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    And they just made the 7* Yoda challenge even harder. Cool. Gotta love these devs, they fix an issue with a hero probably less than 1% of players have (Rex) yet keep the ridiculous target switching which is now worse than ever.
  • Options
    Seems like small changes / temp changes but what else happened?
  • Options
    yoda challenge was impossible even with the glitched out anakin, why did I bother getting 5 x 7* jedi maxed out if thats still not enough to even get close to beating yoda
  • Options
    We were faced with a couple of options, leave the bug in where the battle would hang after a character that could rez died if they had a dot on them (which has been in issue for some in Arena), or do the change we did and do a permanent fix to letting DoTs and Bombs defeat enemies (without the hangs) in a future update.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Wait what is wrong with target switching?
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We were faced with a couple of options, leave the bug in where the battle would hang after a character that could rez died if they had a dot on them (which has been in issue for some in Arena), or do the change we did and do a permanent fix to letting DoTs and Bombs defeat enemies (without the hangs) in a future update.

Thanks for addressing this quickly.

Keep up the good work! :)
  • Options
    Letting the bombs and DOT kill the opponent (or me) makes sense. But yes... The automatic targeting system is Corky Thatcher ****. My team just is all over the place on auto now.
  • Options
    Finally cleared a really hard node (9 or 10 - Lev 70 all purp maxed) in GW today after trying for more than an hour to get a team that could actually survive the fight and come through pretty much in one piece only to get a forced client restart....

Of course when it reloaded, I was right back to the start of the battle.

Nice waste of my time and not at all completely frustrating....not.
  • Options
    Nice!!!!!!!! Way to go Dev team!

Very quick and practical response to that bug. Impressed with this
  • Options
    For the targeting issue, just tap once on the target you want them to focus on if you are using auto battle, they won't swap off it unless there is a taunt on the opposing squad.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    For the targeting issue, just tap once on the target you want them to focus on if you are using auto battle, they won't swap off it unless there is a taunt on the opposing squad.

Been trying that. Doesn't work. There is an issue with targeting. Seriously. No taunt occurs.
  • Options

That's incorrect.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Well, So much for getting 7* Yoda =(
  • Options

I just tried is again post update, and same issues. Does work but not working consistently, no taunt was initiated either.
  • Options

This is not working 100%. Sometimes you are not able to target with a tap, and sometimes after you tap, it switches off when the opponent team gets a turn.
  • Options

Sorry, Jesse but you are wrong. Ever since the update it constantly switches targets automatically even with no taunter on the opposition team.
  • VicSetac
    71 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    "Future Patch" with the reputation this company has. Means a long, long, long time in a very far away place.
  • MousseTampi
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Now we cannot get 7*Yoda anymore :(
  • Options
    Yes sir , that is an issue . It happened to me all day . I tapped and tapped and now have a black n blue on my finger tip and broke the guerilla glass .
  • Options
    Same, target is changing randomly when auto playing battles
  • Options
    Does that make you lose? My challenge teams target peeps all over the place, but who cares. Put it on auto and still win. What's the problem? If you are autoing anything else then what's your beef? Take auto off and play the **** game
  • Options
    If you target an enemy before auto-battling, it will deselect the target and attack random enemies when you start auto-battling. Afterwards, selecting a target seems to work. This is a bit annoying since the first attack when auto-battling will always be random.

If you are in a series of battles, the next battle you need to select a target again or else it will just keep attacking random enemies.