Will teams act the same way on offense and defense?

I'm likely going to be mixing up my arena team a bit, and would like to optimize their opening turn on defense. Because we don't have a sandbox mode, the only place to try (and retry) new strategies is going to be in GW.

So if I set up my arena team and shift their mods around a bit to change who goes first, can I then go into GW, hit auto, and that's how they will always act (if they go before the other team) on defense? For example, if I want to see what the first move a specific character will do on defense, can I make them the fastest character on my GW team and yup, that's always going to be the first move? Or does it depend?

Basically, because we lack a sandbox mode, I need to find some way to try out different team compositions to see how they act together.

PS
I'm going to bring up that this game NEEDS a sandbox mode as often as I can. This is the windmill I've decided to tilt at, the hill upon which I will make my final stand. Hopefully I have the high ground. :)

Replies

• Options
    Basically. But keep in mind that when autobattle is toggled off there's a targeting reticle to show who you're going after. That reticle doesn't disappear when you toggle auto on until you tap the targeted character, by which time at least one character will have gone and attacked them. On defense, the AI would have that character target someone semi-randomly (Semi in as much as there seems to be a sorting algorithm on what abilities to use and a weighted randomness on who to target with them). This probably won't matter in the long run, but it's something to keep in mind that there is a little noise at the start of your trial.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Basically. But keep in mind that when autobattle is toggled off there's a targeting reticle to show who you're going after. That reticle doesn't disappear when you toggle auto on until you tap the targeted character, by which time at least one character will have gone and attacked them. On defense, the AI would have that character target someone semi-randomly (Semi in as much as there seems to be a sorting algorithm on what abilities to use and a weighted randomness on who to target with them). This probably won't matter in the long run, but it's something to keep in mind that there is a little noise at the start of your trial.

I've found if you hit auto the randomly attack different toons, until you actually target someone, then it goes in an order that's always the same after the first kill. You actually have to retarget the person it starts on for your team to prioritize this toon first.
  • Options
    Only in a multi-stage battle. The reticle clears between stages.

By default, the reticle starts on the enemy leader. If you turn autobattle on, it stays there until:
    1) The target dies, then it moves down the line like you said.
    2) You target someone else.
    3) You tap the target a second time, which clears the reticle and then everyone attacks according to their algorithm.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.