Ackbar Lead is so good now

Prev13
Since Luke's arrival and reworked Leia, Ackbar lead is solid

Ackbar
R2 (Fastest)
Leia (2nd Fastest)
Commander Luke
GK

This team works so well, R2 special, call in, Leia special, call in and she attacks, Luke special another attack and he does , Ackbar specials, more attacks, etc..

GK takes the fracture or whatever, Sniper Leia and Luke burn through tanks With the quickness

With +25 speed bump, R2 should always go first, everyone is fast and Leia is the MVR

Most Valuable Rebel

If you're looking for a fun squad, give it a shot

Replies

• Options
    Old Ben would work much better there. Multiple specials that are not attacks, gets bonus from lead since he has a rebel, counts twice for R2 as a Jedi and rebel.
  • Options
    Old Ben would work much better there. Multiple specials that are not attacks, gets bonus from lead since he has a rebel, counts twice for R2 as a Jedi and rebel.

Yeah, my Old Ben is g9, didn't work as well, GK still gives Crit immunity when fractured

He only has 1 special, the taunt, mind tricks counts as an attack I believe

He will be fractured anyway against most comps
  • Options
    I believe he still taunts after Fracture with zeta?

And if he's Fractured it means Luke is not Fractured, hence he did his job as a tank
  • Options

R2 looks for Galactic Republic tag, not Jedi. Looks like someone doesn't know how to Number Crunch :p
  • Options

And if he's Fractured it means Luke is not Fractured, hence he did his job as a tank

He isn't going to taunt before getting fractured the majority of the time

• Options
    this is a composition i have been pondering... is it possible that OG han could be better than leia here though?
    "You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

https://swgoh.gg/u/humblemaverick/

• Options
    I don't have leia zeta'd but I do have Raid Han and he's money. You literally start outbthe encounter stunning anyone regardless of taunt. With a fast thrawn and fracture, the enemy is now behind. Then CLS removes buff/taunt with 30j damage and then raid follows with 3 attacks that can do 60k total damage. Game over.
  • Options
    Berimbolo wrote: »

Even so, that still means Luke is not Fractured. Anytime you make your opponent have to make a big decision like that you know you have a good team
  • Options

It doesn't matter much since R2 will be the fastest upon Ackbar lead. Thrawn can't fracture what he cannot see.

If you don't face Thrawn or play on offense, Old Ben could even have enough time to take his turn, and just after Ackbar it could make him cast both mind trick and his taunt, which is synergizing quite well.
  • Options
    He only has 1 special, the taunt, mind tricks counts as an attack I believe .

I actually tested Ben this morning. Mind tricks does count as an attack and doesn't trigger an Ackbar assist.
  • Options

It doesn't matter much since R2 will be the fastest upon Ackbar lead. Thrawn can't fracture what he cannot see.

If you don't face Thrawn or play on offense, Old Ben could even have enough time to take his turn, and just after Ackbar it could make him cast both mind trick and his taunt, which is synergizing quite well.

What? R2 will leave Ben to be fractured

Why are you guys just arguing this? Lol

I make a post, first couple responses "old Ben is better", um, ok

And his mind tricks doesn't trigger an attack

Either comp works
  • TheMegaSage
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    This video isn't anything mindblowing, but I'm also pretty interested in how Ackbar will play out as a leader now that Rebels boast some *incredibly* high basic damage characters. R2 is G11 (233 speed), Leia is G10 (228 speed), Luke and Ackbar are G8, and Raid Han is G7 (I know I know ... Holo Projectors are teh horrible). No mods are really optimized. Leia has a surprisingly decent CC/CD set (my pride and joy :wink:), R2 is on my R1 arena team and I'm focused mostly on speed and potency for that (so no extra offense, because R1 is about exposes and not about base damage), and everybody else gets whatever I have lying around, because ... well, g7 and g8. Not gonna be doing much anyway.

Anyway, this is a tier 7 GW node, mainly used to showcase the Rebel Coordination assist potential. I'm sticking with the New Hope characters for this, but there's a lot (A LOT) of potential to play around with different team comps. ATF would be spectacular. Ezra comes to mind. I'd be interested in trying out Zeb as well - that would be a lot of potential daze's being tossed around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIH4xHG0Ye8
  • Options
    Ackbar Meta is spreading, get on early

Choo choo
  • Oysterperpetuals
    17 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The Ackbar lead is reminiscent of the speed leads of zQGJ, Tarkin and even Rex. The speed boost is very helpful in arena as matches often last only a few rounds.

I prefer the Luke lead for rebels if you have faster mods than your arena mates. Great post!
  • Options
    Tarkin was never part of the speed meta, ever.
  • Options
    Commander Luke is the best leader ability in the game for rebels, hands down. Ackbar has nothing on the insanely OP Luke leader ability when used with rebels
  • Options
    STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Commander Luke is the best leader ability in the game for rebels, hands down. Ackbar has nothing on the insanely OP Luke leader ability when used with rebels

Besides when I roll through Luke leads with Ackbar?
  • Options
    And for the record, never said Ackbar was better then a CLS lead or whatever, I'm saying Ackbar lead is really good now with r2/Leia, it's a solid comp and works well

• Options
    The Ackbar lead is reminiscent of the speed leads of zQGJ, Tarkin and even Rex. The speed boost is very helpful in arena as matches often last only a few rounds. I prefer the Luke lead for rebels if your mods are faster than the others in your arena. Great post berimbolo!
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm0cwgYBwIo

seems strong... wonder how this team compares to a CLS lead instead, or with Han Solo instead of leia
  • Aldaron
    175 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mmm looks good. But I suspect that a Zaul team would eat them alive. Under Zaul SA is going first, then all the other siths. DN special takes away your own specials for a turn and by then you lost.
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm0cwgYBwIo

seems strong... wonder how this team compares to a CLS lead instead, or with Han Solo instead of leia

Leia is the key IMO

all built around her
  • Options
    The rebel sniper
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Options
    For Liam!!!

@LaLiam
  • Options
    Ely wrote: »
    For Liam!!!

@LaLiam

Boom!!
  • Options
    Awesome post man. I've played around with this comp as well. Tons of extra attacks. Only thing I didn't like was AA being the assisting rebel. I think I his squad would hold decently on D as well.
  • Options
    Jedi6371 wrote: »
    Awesome post man. I've played around with this comp as well. Tons of extra attacks. Only thing I didn't like was AA being the assisting rebel. I think I his squad would hold decently on D as well.

Thanks man, yeah, Ackbar isn't the best asisst, but he can gain TM and use a special and more call in

Leia, Luke and R2 are money call ins

Zeta on Luke's "binds" zeta, so debuffs and gives TM

Going to try and add some vids later
  • Options
    I definitely check those out. My AA isn't quite up to speed but I think that squad could be legit.
  • Berimbolo
    946 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    https://youtu.be/r3o0kqftyOo

Video, auto run

AA lead vs Rex, Thrawn, Nihilus, GK, R2
  • Options
    Very impressive, thanks for sharing :)