Autoing battles is not exciting gameplay

Bhaalor
1724 posts Member
Greetings,

First and foremost I know this is not an issue for a lot of you out there and I am aware (using the search function and being on the forums for a long time); that this topic has been brought up several times; ok, probably more than several.

Sim Tickets. I know why I'm low (farming Old Ben and yes I got CLS thank you!). I dropped from around 200 to 12; I'm not buying them; if I could request them as gear in guild I would; so now I am just autoing battles on gear I need (Stun Cuffs, Stun Guns, Carabanti's (who knew I'd be out of those?!?).

While this is a solution, buy energy, auto battles, and it does work; or buying energy and siming large energy nodes, again, this is not exciting game play; it really takes a lot of the fun out of it when I just want to sim a few piece of gear or character shards and be on my way; instead I auto battles

Do I hate this game?! Do i think the Dev's are money grubbing something or others? No, absolutely not. I am sure its no where near high on their priority list which I am sure is quite full.

I however will not break down and buy sim tickets at 30 crystals for 20 of them.

** update while I am writing this (and autoing battles cuz its so much fun) I am now up to the lofty number of 57 from 12. Still not fun autoing.

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You're not wrong about autobattling being boring. The important thing about autobattles (and opening bronzium packs) is to do them while you're doing something else. I'll do them while watching something on Netflix, or between deaths in Overwatch. I do Challenges while I'm at work because it's just a couple taps and then a long wait for the next Challenge.

Things that require more attention--mod battles when you're first doing them, raids, Galactic War, Arena--these are the times it's important to sit down and have fun while doing. Like, I genuinely enjoy my Galactic War now that I have Resistance, so I'm actively participating in the action instead of simming or autoing.

EDIT: Got distracted by something and forgot to make my main point: Find the things you like about the game and do those. Then the simming and autoing are just a thing you do when you have time, not the main activity itself.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Have been farming Hera, Ezra, Old Ben and a lot of gear recently and tickets are still increasing.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Have been farming Hera, Ezra, Old Ben and a lot of gear recently and tickets are still increasing.

I would really really love to know your secret, as I have to finish off Hera next and am not looking forward to autoing her node 100's of times.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ressource management plays a large role in this game. Sim tickets are a ressource.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    Ressource management plays a large role in this game. Sim tickets are a ressource.

True, but when the game first came out there was not quite as much to Sim. Still not sure how some people have 1000's of them.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member

That and I "can" manage. By autoing; just saying that is not "fun".
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    True, but when the game first came out there was not quite as much to Sim.

There could be something to this. I started playing not long after the game came out, and have never had a Sim Ticket shortage ever. I've got about 3,300, I can't get a shortage if I tried. I was careful not to overuse them when I began. Don't know at what point it didn't matter if I used them all the time.

My only advice - play smart. Not trying to be a ****. It's just that people have been complaining about this forever and devs have never done anything about it. Not sure if they ever will.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Bhaalor wrote: »
    True, but when the game first came out there was not quite as much to Sim.

There could be something to this. I started playing not long after the game came out, and have never had a Sim Ticket shortage ever. I've got about 3,300, I can't get a shortage if I tried. I was careful not to overuse them when I began. Don't know at what point it didn't matter if I used them all the time.

My only advice - play smart. Not trying to be a ****. It's just that people have been complaining about this forever and devs have never done anything about it. Not sure if they ever will.

Again, I can "cope" its just not fun. Autobattle does work, and I'll do it. Its just not fun game play.
  • I only fall short on sim tickets when I'm farming cantina mostly because the refresh gives you less than the expenditure on that refresh. When I'm farming gear only, i regain my excess.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

True, but when the game first came out there was not quite as much to Sim. Still not sure how some people have 1000's of them.

I buy 2-3 refreshes of cantina and/or ls/ds energy daily and sim nodes that cost 16- 20 per and my sim tickets constantly sit above the 1,000 mark.

When I fast track needed gear or shards at the 6 to 10 per sim nodes, my sim tickets drop by a big chunk until I get back to farming the costlier nodes.
  • I used to have over 2000 SIM tickets and thoight I could never run out. I'm down to under 500 now. I cut back on my hard node farming and went after old Ben, Ezra, and Hera in succession they dropped quickly.
  • Obvious solution. Don't sim.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Winstar wrote: »

I buy 2-3 refreshes of cantina and/or ls/ds energy daily and sim nodes that cost 16- 20 per and my sim tickets constantly sit above the 1,000 mark.

When I fast track needed gear or shards at the 6 to 10 per sim nodes, my sim tickets drop by a big chunk until I get back to farming the costlier nodes.

Yup, OB, Farmboy Luke were, and Hera is currently needed; lots of 8 energy nodes.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Obvious solution. Don't sim.

That was kind of the point of the post. I am having to "not sim" and Auto, to build up sim tickets. But thanks for playing!
  • LeftyTwoGuns
    460 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    That's why we need more things like the AT-ST event on a rotating schedule and legendary events need to be repeatable for minor rewards. Like omegas or credits or something. The challenging tiers of Flash events like tier 3 for Luke flash event are also a refreshing break, need more of that
  • Shaheen
    88 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    What I do is use my normal energy for hard nodes like baze etc and energy refreshes for gear etc..I always get more sims than used.I almost never refresh cantina
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    Have been farming Hera, Ezra, Old Ben and a lot of gear recently and tickets are still increasing.

I would really really love to know your secret, as I have to finish off Hera next and am not looking forward to autoing her node 100's of times.
    Do you refresh regular energy? If so, you'll run at a net profit for sim tickets assuming you're spending all your normal energy on 20-cost hard nodes.

Alternatively, every now and again, just auto them all one day a week and sim the other six. You won't gain sim tickets, but that one day off will put a real dent in the depletion and should get you through Hera no problem. I was at 600 when the event started last week, gave up farming Old Ben and went back to Hera at two days of autobattle a week, now I'm at 670--and that's after spending 260 cantina energy (full day stored plus a refresh, so I got some tickets that way) once the guild activity changed over.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I Sim everything including challenges, currently close to 8,000 Sim tickets. All my normal energy is almost being spent on 20 energy nodes. Shoretrooper, Baze, Krennic, Ghost, Phantom and followed by 2x FOTP(16 energy).
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I Sim everything including challenges, currently close to 8,000 Sim tickets. All my normal energy is almost being spent on 20 energy nodes. Shoretrooper, Baze, Krennic, Ghost, Phantom and followed by 2x FOTP(16 energy).

I'm following suit but only focusing on 2-3 hard nodes at a time unless it's the daily guild activity. The rest of the energy goes towards cuffs/guns. Sitting at 2,000 tickets and growing too!
  • I do my daily activities, then refresh on whichever guild activity is going, if its a non energy activity( gw, pvp, etc.) then I sim whatever. Doing this I not only gain sim tickets but guild money as well.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Let's turn this around and ask if anyone actually likes sim tickets and think the mechanism makes this game better?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    I surprisingly do have a lazy friend who sims everything but runs out of sim tickets so he constantly buys sim tickets from the store. Definitely a source of income for EA and not something to be removed any time soon.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Do you refresh regular energy? If so, you'll run at a net profit for sim tickets assuming you're spending all your normal energy on 20-cost hard nodes.

Alternatively, every now and again, just auto them all one day a week and sim the other six. You won't gain sim tickets, but that one day off will put a real dent in the depletion and should get you through Hera no problem. I was at 600 when the event started last week, gave up farming Old Ben and went back to Hera at two days of autobattle a week, now I'm at 670--and that's after spending 260 cantina energy (full day stored plus a refresh, so I got some tickets that way) once the guild activity changed over.

I do refresh energy. I realize its a resource; one that's easily compensated for. I still run out; I can auto battles and make up sim tickets, I can "sim" high energy nodes (I do for Shore, Baze, and DN); I still run out, to me the "sim tickets" are an unnecessary resource that does not add enjoyment to the game. Let us just "sim" anything we have 3* and be done with it.