Eeth Koth Question

Ok so i get it, many people are farming this guy to 7 stars now just because its easy to do and it gets you 1/5 of the way to 7 star ing yoda. Here is my question:

Does anyone have numbers of the damage he can put out maxed gear, stars, levels abilities??

His speed is 128 maxed. thats 151 under qui gons leadership. This means he will go before geo, poe, tie pilot, rey, 88, 86.. any other carries under 151 speed. anyways he has 60% potency with a 75% chance stun. Stunning any of these guys can potencially save one of your lower health pool team mates from taking a 1 shot. That would be key in this high DPS meta atm. I get it, its only a chance of a stun. But IF his damage is decent( i already know its not amazing), it could be a solid character for a new up and coming jedi team. I feel qui gon, 3 strong jedis of your choice, and 1 non-jedi to nuke sidious would be a solid team comp. Qui gons speed leader skill makes a couple jedis in the top 25 character bracket for speed which is important to a strong arena team atm.

Thanks ahead of time guys :smile:

Replies

• Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I've played Eeth Koth from 3 stars to 7 stars since about day 1. (Yoda can go F himself.)

He is awesome if you are running Jedis. His potency is okay, so his stun lands a lot and his speed means he'll come up again quickly enough that you don't feel like it's always on cooldown. His damage is more than acceptable, game designers are not generally going to make somebody with amazing damage and a stun.

He won't help you with Sidious. Well, on paper he might, but if you need the Stun (or damage) to land, you can be sure Sidious will deflect. Also, I don't think there's any non-Jedi that can one-shot Sidious when paired with Jedi/Jedi leaders, but I'm not maxed out.

You were asking about his max stats, have you never been to SWGOH Cantina? Note the links at the top.
    http://www.swgohcantina.com/character-max-stats/

What on the surface sucks about Eeth Koth is his lame anti-Droid abilities. I have him at 4/4/1/1 because the extra anti-droid stuff makes me pass him by.

Which sounds crummy...but honestly it just saves you Ability Materials to spend on other characters. Assuming that you don't have an unlimited supply of purples/3's this actually makes you stronger since the team as a whole benefits.
  • I haven't tried QGJ (I only have him at 3 stars and he stinks at 3) in PvP but I guarantee you a lot of those fights will be all or nothing if you are really counting on that Stun. So just be aware that you will encounter frustration.

Personally I run a 7* Luminara and she hits HARD and has an Abilty Block. She acts right after Eeth, so if his Stun fails, then I can at least Ability Block (or kill) whoever I was most afraid of. That 1-2 punch means the #1 threat is removed 100% of the time, every fight.*

* Barf Sidious excluded. He's too frustrating to whiff on so I take care of him #2-#5, and usually #4 or #5. It sounds crazy but he doesn't tend provide synergy (offense, yes, synergy no) to his AI team and you can deprioritize (sometimes even ignore) him in Arena. Not GW where healing is crucial, of course.

** Again, see SWGOH Cantina.
  • yeah ive seen SWGOH cantina. im on there often. But i want to know the numbers on his auto attack and ability. i know the b damage and s damage should represent what it is no crit. but i think those arnt always good to follow. thanks anyway bro
  • The only reason I stopped using eeth in the late 50s is that is when synergies matter a lot. Until F2P QGJ there was no respectable jedi synergy. I wouldn't mind a
    QGJ Lumi Eeth Poggle Han team
  • l3end3r
    895 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    yeah ive seen SWGOH cantina. im on there often. But i want to know the numbers on his auto attack and ability. i know the b damage and s damage should represent what it is no crit. but i think those arnt always good to follow. thanks anyway bro

I got hit by a 3800 crit from a 70 / 7* Koth yesterday. Base attack. I'm not sure if he was fully geared or not. Hope that helps a little, mine will be 5* in a couple days.

The damage felt a little low, so it's likely he was only gear 7 or missing a few mats for his base damage
  • Yeah lol 3800 crit from a 7 star is rather low. Ok thanks lender. Ya mine is 5 star 'atm in tier 7 gear. All lvl3 abilities and lvl60. Not to impressive yet.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    He's made to counter droids. Just wait until Grievous comes out. That's when Eeth Koth will shine.

But yeah, niched characters never get too popular. People generally need diversity to be competitive in the arena.

I for one hope that they add game elements that allow us to use our roster more fully.
  • Eris_Discordant
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Does anyone have numbers of the damage he can put out maxed gear, stars, levels abilities??
    B- (and S-) Damage is his damage modified by maximum gear, stars, levels, and abilities which is what you asked for.

If you want it with crit then multiply by 1.5. If that doesn't cover it, I don't understand what you are asking for.

If you don't want numbers, you want anecdotal evidence...anecdotally, I love him, 75% of the time he saves my team from a ton of damage, debuffs, aoe, counter, or Poe Shenanigans. And then 3 turns later he does it again.

He has an awesome stun, therefore his damage is poor...you can't have it all. Well you can, but then you can also have a nerf. :) His damage is not the point--he's a controller. The stun is AWESOME, albeit useless against Sid, and Sid is everywhere.

But, like every single character, Eeth is going to use his abilities randomly in PvP defense. Which is awful for control. Still, it's never a bad thing to stun a random character, that might ruin someone's day.