Stress Reliever: Star Wars Trivia!

In case anyone was stressed due to work, college, or their daily lives, I thought that it would be relaxing to share interesting star wars trivia.
For example, did you know that the Jabba the Hutt scene featured in A New Hope (the 1997 and 2004 versions) was filmed at the making of the movie, which depicted Jabba as a human male in a fur coat, though was cut due to time constraints and not moving the plot forward? (But was rereleased later for the future DVD editions?)
Share your own trivia below! :)

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Did you know that the Greedo/Han scene was edited many times?
    #Teamgreedo
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Did you know that the rancor was supposed to be a man in a suit, a technique popularized by Eli Tsuburaya's work on Godzilla and Ultraman.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Did you know that the humans aren't called humans in Star wars
  • In case anyone was stressed due to work, college, or their daily lives, I thought that it would be relaxing to share interesting star wars trivia.
    For example, did you know that the Jabba the Hutt scene featured in A New Hope (the 1997 and 2004 versions) was filmed at the making of the movie, which depicted Jabba as a human male in a fur coat, though was cut due to time constraints and not moving the plot forward? (But was rereleased later for the future DVD editions?)
    Share your own trivia below! :)

Yes
    Hskull55 wrote: »
    Did you know that the Greedo/Han scene was edited many times?
    #Teamgreedo

Yes
    Tman wrote: »
    Did you know that the rancor was supposed to be a man in a suit, a technique popularized by Eli Tsuburaya's work on Godzilla and Ultraman.

No
    Did you know that the humans aren't called humans in Star wars

Yes
    3/4 did I pass?

• Did you know that the original jabba was constructed of trash bags glued over a frame to save budget? He ended up being much more elaborate on the final build, going as far as having radio controlled pupils and eyelids with a "little person" inside the tail to create the movement.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Did you know the cgi jabba they added in the special edition of a new hope (over the deleted scene) looks like hot garbage?
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Did you know the cgi jabba they added in the special edition of a new hope (over the deleted scene) looks like hot garbage?

Yes. Did you know there are several versions of this "hot garbage"? They changed it for the dvd release, and again for the blue ray.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Did you know that many Bothans died to bring you this trivia?
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • No Bothans were harmed in the making of this thread. :)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Did you know that George Lucas isn't a visionary genius who had the whole OT planned out, let alone the whole 6 movie saga?
  • Did you know Luke and Leia were never intended to be brother and sister, that instead they were supposed to be a part of a love triangle with Han, and that the only reason Lucas decided to make them related is because he needed some kind of plot device to make Luke lose his temper during his ROTJ duel with Vader in the Emperor's Throne Room and George could not think of anything else?
    source.gif
    maxresdefault.jpg
    188679_original.gif
    e50485e21e79a242c393b36839ff464f.jpg
    lukeleiasmooch.gif
    tumblr_lhnxkqsBWX1qz4u9io1_500.gif

Did you know that it was a much better story when they weren't related, that the story is much more compelling when the hero can still become a powerful space wizard and save the day even if he does lose the princess to the older, stronger, richer, better-looking bad boy with the souped-up space hot rod?
  • Did you know that FN-2187 (Finn) is not just a random designated number, but it's rather a reference to Princess Leia's cell number 2187, which in itself is a reference to the movie 21-87?

21-87 ends with the line: "Someone walks up and you say 'your number is 21-87, isn't it?' Boy, does that person really smile"
  • Did you know that deleted scenes from Revenge of the Sith included Yoda arriving on Dagobah, the kidnapping of Shaak Ti, and Padme's meeting with Mon Mothma? The eight scenes are available to watch to the public, as filming for them was complete.
  • Did you know that this trooper hitting his head was left in the film?

tumblr_m911ybf8jX1r0eggqo1_500.gif

And then embellished with a metallic thud in the new versions?

There is a nod to this in the prequels when jango is leaving his ship and also hits his head. Its a jango/clone thing i guess.
  • cbe68f60b71bc0519288d6008693101c.gif
    Hard to notice in the gif.
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Did you know that this trooper hitting his head was left in the film?

Now all we need is disco music in the background.;)
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Hard to notice in the gif.

He hits his head pretty clearly here:

tumblr_lyqjlropzI1r98lguo1_r1_500.gif

lol
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Did you know George Lucas was inspired to make Star Wars by this movie?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hidden_Fortress

Must be blind as a bat.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Did you know Peter Cushing found the boots for his Tarkin costume uncomfortable, so he wore slippers while filming his scenes?
  • Did you know the late great Ralph Mcquarrie had a blink-and-you-miss-it cameo in ESB?
    QxQ1TXM.jpg?s=sms

Tman wrote: »
    Now all we need is disco music in the background.;)

tumblr_okwzn1Xljr1qmob6ro1_400.gif
  • Did you know Carrie Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, plays Lieutenant Connix in TFA?

wo2wh1vVtjGx.jpg