How is everyone preparing for g12/TB?

Prev13
Personally I'm g11.5-ing all my chars and also getting HRSoldier/scout done... everyone else?

Replies

• Farming Hoth scout and gearing my PS (I've got lots of gear 8 toons, so I think I will be fine)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • admiral_akbar
    98 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm just hoping my CLS can solo everything in TB...
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    My hoth rebel soldier is 6* and scout only 4*. So i hurry up to farm the scout to 7* with the cantina tokens
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I'm farming all my characters to at least 4* gear 5, hoping that will suffice in the beginning.i have 40 7* characters and 12 are at Gear 11.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    I'm farming all my characters to at least 4* gear 5, hoping that will suffice in the beginning.i have 40 7* characters and 12 are at Gear 11.

I have all mine at lvl 40, gear 4, 2*+ xD
  • I'm doing what I've been doing since May:
    farming gear and shards for Empire toons and ships. It hasn't let me down yet!

I'm also doing some Rebel scum shard farming and I got CLS to G8. That's about as much as I can stomach at the moment ;)
  • Business as usual, farming everything...
  • samjp
    52 posts Member
    Is it confirmed that we need Hoth Scout and Soldier for TB?
  • Farming HR Scout, Snowtrooper and farming phoenix for thrawn. And farming Old Ben out the *** for CLS
  • samjp wrote: »

They never confirm anything till there a countdown timer and a 20 dollar pack ;)

But seriously, they did say everything is needed, every upgrade matters.
  • samjp
    52 posts Member
    samjp wrote: »

They never confirm anything till there a countdown timer and a 20 dollar pack ;)

Yes everything is needed, but I wonder if they are needed more than any other character. It is ALL characters, not just those involved in Hoth from the movie right?
  • samjp wrote: »

I'd better write this great advice down so I don't forget: "get... everything."
    YH1xBez.gif
  • Just keeping on keeping on. Changed from Old Ben to Hera because the Thrawn event should be returning in a couple months.

Switched from Pao to Scout because that's a character I want anyway and it might be useful for territory battles, but I'm not pinning any hopes.

But, otherwise, I'm still going for Baze, DN, and Shore from hard nodes, Sabine from guild, Hera from Cantina, Savage from Arena, Ezra and rare ships from Fleet, and dark side ships from GW. They've said every character will be used, so I'm working on every character. No sense in overthinking too much.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'm not doing much different at this point. I was farming PHX to be prepared for the next Thrawn event (Mine is 5*). Then found out CLS didn't unlock until 7*, so I mad farmed Ol Ben to 7*. Now I have CLS, so I'm gearing him.
    I'm unsure who to begin prepping for the G12 bump. So I'm just saving everything that isn't needed for CLS. I'll get him to at least G10, then see where the game is at.
  • Hoth Rebel Soldier is a real pain to farm. Other than that one single hard node, it seems there's no other way to get him other than buying a ton of chromium packs and praying you get his shards ... or getting lucky on bronzium packs?
  • Hoth Rebel Soldier is a real pain to farm. Other than that one single hard node, it seems there's no other way to get him other than buying a ton of chromium packs and praying you get his shards ... or getting lucky on bronzium packs?

He sure is a rare drop in bronzium. I don't think ive ever got an unlock, only a single shard once a blue moon.
  • I unlocked soldier through Bronzium, only once though...
  • Im avoiding farming hoth characters so i can tell everyone how obviously terrible they would be in TB when its released. Thats not a very good strategy i know.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡

He sure is a rare drop in bronzium. I don't think ive ever got an unlock, only a single shard once a blue moon.

Yeah I got him to 5* through all the bronziums I opened that I really never paid attention to. Getting him to 6* now is a huge slog. I wonder if there will be any way to expedite the process if he really becomes a required toon for TB?
  • When i read: everything will be needed; i just understand that you need as many team you can get in oder to perform on TB.

What i think; it's you'll need alot of team to attack and defend position in order to conquer. So I'm getting as many good teams i can gets and gear them.

Ps: same apply to ships, buying every ship i can from GW store
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    So is Hoth Soldier required to be 7*? I thought I saw like a 4* requirement...
  • evanbio wrote: »

I saw a screenshot where there was a mission with a 3* requirement for toons and required HRSol. I'm pretty sure you just have to unlock him.
  • evanbio wrote: »
    No. None of this is official. Everyone saying you need this or that or the other thing is guessing at best. These guesses are predicated on, again at best, a leaked beta screenshot that was removed for violation of their NDA. Things change between beta and release all the time.
  • No clue if HRS are required but there is a tab on Swgoh.gg that features Luke + the two hoth toons. Assuming that you did need the HRS duo, there's no clue about requirements, but HR Soldier is a very tough farm, so if you're keen on trying to get shards, just be ready for a tough climb. Hopefully if that toon is required that we don't have to farm it to 7*
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »
    No. None of this is official. Everyone saying you need this or that or the other thing is guessing at best. These guesses are predicated on, again at best, a leaked beta screenshot that was removed for violation of their NDA. Things change between beta and release all the time.

Removed screenshots showed 3* as the minimum required. Could change but 3* sounds reasonable.
  • I have been collecting shards for all the Hoth related characters I don't have at 7 star.
  • I have the shards to take Hoth Rebel Scout to 7 stars already. I'm 5/100 for Hoth Rebel Soldier. I am at 79/100 on Veers and have Snowtrooper to 7 stars.

I'm also collecting shards from various shipments of toons I don't have, like Tusken Raider in GW and Ugnaught in Arena, just in case they are needed.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Only Preparing my arena squad for G12 with a few substitutes. Slowly getting HRSoldier, but he's not on my top priority list as a few guild mates have him 7* so they should be able to cover the areas where I lack.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Removed screenshots showed 3* as the minimum required. Could change but 3* sounds reasonable.
    Okay, yeah, but:
    NicWester wrote: »
    evanbio wrote: »
  • I don't care much about gXII, i'm still struggling with GXI anyway. Unless they make Raids rewards less random and terrible of course.