Needing Tips for Last Cmd Luke Stage

CK_3030
177 posts Member
edited August 2017
As mentioned in the title, I'm trying to beat the last stage in the Commander Luke event and I'm having a lot of difficulty.

Check out my Rebel toons here.

STH: Gear 10 --- Leia: Gear 10 --- R2: Gear 7 --- Luke: Gear 8

All have decent mods imo, I just don't have a plethora of great mods that I can shift around. Not sure I can afford taking them off of my arena team.

I'm also trying to decide who is the best leader, I keep thinking STH but since I keep losing I'm not so sure.

Please help, I need advice!

Replies

• Deanolavorto91
    245 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'd really try to get r2 and Luke up one more gear level. R 2 especially as you want him around for last level as long as possible. And I would definitely take off your best mods and put them on. Look at it this way. Lose out on some crystals for a day or two or lose out on a whole toon.
  • I used han as lead.
  • Ruivussan
    310 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I had similar gear level, but mine were level 85. https://swgoh.gg/u/ruivussan/collection/?f=rebel

I used Han as leader. I tried to do it manually for the first 10 times or so, but then I decided to auto it and it worked out after a few more tries.

Edit: My R2 was gear 7.
  • not trying to be a ****, but why not take your best mods off your arena team for 20 minutes, finish it and put the mods back on your arena team, you won't drop many spots.

best mods plus eventual good RNG and you will take care of it
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • First, you need more speed.
    • Take the Pot speed arrow off Jyn and give it to St Han.
    • Take your speed set off TFP and give it to Leia.
    • I would say take your whole CC/CD mod kit off Chirrut and give it to Luke, but you don't want to touch your arena team, so ...
    • For Luke:
      • Take the Pot speed arrow off Vader
      • Take the P square from Palpatine
      • Take the CC set off Rey
      • Take the H_CD triangle from Leia
      • Take the H_Pot cross from Resistance Pilot

St Han needs Potency to remove TM from the enemy on his turn. Jyn's arrow will give him an extra 10% via the set bonus to help with that.

Leia has natural speed. Give her a speed set and get that +16 bonus. If you have a Speed set CD triangle, give her that instead of TFP's CC triangle.

Luke thrives on scoring crits. He has +25% CC just for being Luke. Your Luke already has 60% CC. If you put Leia at lead and bump her lead ability up to 7, she gives another +18% CC. With Rey's CC set, he gets another +5% for a total of 83% CC. Benefits from crit:
    • basic awards him 40% TM and stacks a DoT. Make sure he crits to unlock high speed Luke.
    • special stuns and applies Def & Speed down, but you need Potency for that to work.

Unload Luke's special ASAP in round 1 to try to immobilize a target. It will be refreshed soon enough because he will crit on just about every hit, right? Try to save St Han's taunt for the final round. Don't bother stealthing Leia in the first round, just go pure offense.
  • I just did a little math to check this ... Your Luke is currently speed 168. When his basic crits, the bonus 40% TM bumps his effective speed up to 280. That's awfully fast ... make sure he crits. And when he does, make sure it hurts, so give him as much CD bonus as you can muster.
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Thanks you guys for the tips. I realize now that I was just being stubborn. I moved some mods around from my arena team and I beat the final round on the first try. Awesome!!

@EventineElessedil did some of the things you said like moving my TFP mods to Leia and CC/CD mods onto Luke, also put my Sidious potency mods on R2 so he'd stun more often. Didn't lose a single toon!
    Post edited by CK_3030 on
  • Hey all -

I too can use some assistance. I can get to 3/3 but then lost R2 and it just goes down hill from there. I'm working on getting Leia or Han to G9 but don't think I can get any further.

Here's my SWGOH profile https://swgoh.gg/u/vaderstribble/
  • First, you need more speed.
    • Take the Pot speed arrow off Jyn and give it to St Han.
    • Take your speed set off TFP and give it to Leia.
    • I would say take your whole CC/CD mod kit off Chirrut and give it to Luke, but you don't want to touch your arena team, so ...
    • For Luke:
      • Take the Pot speed arrow off Vader
      • Take the P square from Palpatine
      • Take the CC set off Rey
      • Take the H_CD triangle from Leia
      • Take the H_Pot cross from Resistance Pilot

St Han needs Potency to remove TM from the enemy on his turn. Jyn's arrow will give him an extra 10% via the set bonus to help with that.

Leia has natural speed. Give her a speed set and get that +16 bonus. If you have a Speed set CD triangle, give her that instead of TFP's CC triangle.

Luke thrives on scoring crits. He has +25% CC just for being Luke. Your Luke already has 60% CC. If you put Leia at lead and bump her lead ability up to 7, she gives another +18% CC. With Rey's CC set, he gets another +5% for a total of 83% CC. Benefits from crit:
    • basic awards him 40% TM and stacks a DoT. Make sure he crits to unlock high speed Luke.
    • special stuns and applies Def & Speed down, but you need Potency for that to work.

Unload Luke's special ASAP in round 1 to try to immobilize a target. It will be refreshed soon enough because he will crit on just about every hit, right? Try to save St Han's taunt for the final round. Don't bother stealthing Leia in the first round, just go pure offense.

@EventineElessedil that's about the most helpful post I've seen on these forums. Thank you
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Hey all -

I too can use some assistance. I can get to 3/3 but then lost R2 and it just goes down hill from there. I'm working on getting Leia or Han to G9 but don't think I can get any further.

@VadersTribble You don't have many mods to work with.

At first glance, I'm thinking your only chance is to get R2 as fast as possible. If you can stun-lock the enemy, they can't damage you. I would put a speed set on R2, maybe the set you have on Luke. I would put a Potency cross on R2, wherever you can get one. And a speed arrow, the fastest one you have.

Load Protection on St Han. Looks like a good circle on K2, a good cross on Palpatine, and a good arrow on Fives. They are all Health set mods too, so that will help him survive.

Then I would try to put a CD set on Luke to replace the S set we gave to R2. If you can't do that, I might try loading him with CC. You currently have 52.88% CC. Add Luke's +25% unique, that's 77.88% CC. Add one more CC set, you get another +5% CC, but lose 2.88% from the S set we gave to R2, for a total of 80% CC. If you run your Leia lead, then Luke will have a total 100% CC. His basic will always give him 30% TM. Your Luke looks like he will be running at 125 speed, but with 30% TM bonus on crits, he will effectively be running at ~178 while using his basic attack. That's pretty fast, and will help you a ton.

Probably leave Leia's mods as they are. If she is pulling her own weight and surviving, no need to mess with her. She already has a CD set and 36% CC ... if you put her at lead, she will have 56% CC and likely doing the bulk of your damage.
  • yeah good advice given by Eventine

I did it last night with a squad that was lower in gear and level than yours - took me an hour or so of trying though.
    Leia was L78, g9 speed 210 with basic and stealth omega (this is critical, the more she triple taps the better your chances to win)
    R2 was L72, g8 speed 215 with abilities L6
    Luke was L64, g7 speed 190 with abilities L6
    STHan was L84, g10 speed 209 with abilities maxed

Here are my takeaways, especially that last battle with the double taunting stormtroopers:
    - Han needs to enter last battle with as much protection as possible
    - Han needs to taunt ASAP in last turn
    - Don't stealth immediately with Leia, you can only attack the two taunters who have crit immunity so you waste her buffs, wait till you've taken them out.
    - Burn ASAP with R2
    - Once taunters are gone, focus on the trooper that throws an aoe grenade and the commander who will heal them

good luck!
  • Hey all -

Get your R2 to gear 8. Youre one piece away and its challenge gear and easily farmable. Then increase his abilities as far as you can starting with his basic. Potency is good on R2, speed good too. Lose all the critical avoidance arrows (I used one on Old Ben but tbe object there was strictly to last six turns) and put speed on 1) Liea 2) R2. Gear 9 Han first imo, he needs lots of protection as well. If youve got better mods anywhere put them on Liea. Good mods will most definitely help. You won't do this one with mods she has. At least one gear 10 would be even better, if not you need to bring your best mods.

Good luck to you, if all else fails just auto over and over lol.
  • GeeThree
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Can I jump on this as well?

I blew through the first 5 tiers quickly and am stuck on the last one as well.

All characters are level 85 and gear level 8. I will not be able to increase any gear levels. Too many furnaces. Also, slim chance at a zeta, I needed 2 this weekend and got none.

Sometimes they all make it to the last battle, but with little life left. I did strip mods off most of my other characters to try and get the best sets.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. My profile is below.

https://swgoh.gg/u/geethree/
    Post edited by GeeThree on
  • Thanks everyone. Hopefully I can get it done.
  • Any chance I can get a little help if anyone is still following this thread?
    I'm on the last tier but can't make it past 3/3.
    Suggestions? Thank you!

https://swgoh.gg/u/epain7/
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Ruivussan wrote: »
    I had similar gear level, but mine were level 85. https://swgoh.gg/u/ruivussan/collection/?f=rebel

I used Han as leader. I tried to do it manually for the first 10 times or so, but then I decided to auto it and it worked out after a few more tries.

Edit: My R2 was gear 7.

This. I could not do it manually after about 15 tries. Put it on Auto and beat it second try. No clue why.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Looking at the gear levels of some people who haven't managed this event I suspect I may burn a zeta on r2d2 number crunch this weekend to push myself over the line.
  • Master_Coffin
    12 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Well, since everyone else is asking...
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

https://swgoh.gg/u/mastercoffin/

UPDATE: Finally got it Last night... (26-03-2018 / 2130 CST)
    Post edited by Master_Coffin on
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Looking at the gear levels of some people who haven't managed this event I suspect I may burn a zeta on r2d2 number crunch this weekend to push myself over the line.

Might as well since it's one of the best zetas in the game anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pulled arena mods and finished it third or fourth try manually (almost worked on auto).
    Luke: Level 80, G8, Ability level 5/6
    Leia: Level 80. G8, Ability level 5/6
    StHan(L): Level 80, G8, Ability level 5/6
    R2: Level 85, G10, Ability level maxed (no zeta)

Tried with Luke, Leia and Han at level 75 with only good mods but that sadly wasn't cutting it.
  • Had everyone just about 85, G9, some 10. Got through it on the first try.
  • Looking for any and all help with this last part. I have been trying to do it but I have some how seemed to have gotten worse at it. I cannot get han to survive into 3/3. I realise I must be doing something wrong and I am aware that my mods are not great but I have read through this and I am sure people have done this with worse.

https://swgoh.gg/u/draeths/
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Your one pieces from gear 8 Leia. Gear 8 might make a difference.

Your very best mods would be considered poor. Everyone needs another 50 speed (in mods what matters most is speed).

I assume you probably need gear ix to make up for your poor mods though dropping a zeta in r2d2 might make a difference..
  • Nararic that was what I was worried about. I stopped "playing" for a while and all I did was the dailies to get xp. I am now paying for it.
    Everyone needs another 50 speed (in mods what matters most is speed).
    Do you mean I need to farm speed mods or have speed on them? Is the best way to farm mods from the challenges? If anyone else has any other tips that would be great.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    You dont need high speeds for this event. 5 dot mods but speed is helpful but not necessary. Again, try it a few times on Auto.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub.
  • Could I switch away mods from other character to make this better. They are all health mods but some have ok CC and speed
  • Draeths wrote: »
    Could I switch away mods from other character to make this better.

Of course!

• After getting STHan, Leia and Luke to tier 9 and swapping some mods about I was able to do it. Wasn't easy but I am a proud owner or a CLS! Thanks for the help