has anyone tried/seen these CLS arena teams?

Calx
112 posts Member
I mostly want to get a sense of how viable these teams are before I start gearing the toons:
  • CLS (L), R2, raid Han, Gar Saxon, K2SO/Fives/Dooku/Thrawn (counter team)
  • CLS (L), R2, Cassian, K2SO, ???
  • Wiggs (L), CLS, R2, Zarris (self-heal team)
  • Ackbar (L), CLS, R2, Leia/raid Han/OB (pick 2)
  • CLS, R2, Leia, raid Han, ???

Replies

• Dwinkelm
    767 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm seeing mostly CLS, R2, Raid Han +2

ATF most
    OB second most
    DN/GK/GAT/Chaze/Leia randomly sprinkled

Also, a single use of Wiggs, and the #1 on my server is using ATF and Jyn

Al the top-10 on my December 2015 server are using him as leader currently
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I've tried the counter team with Gar...
    You'll want Leia in there too... ideally Luke (L), Leia, Raid Han, Gar and ?

The last spot can be whoever... probably GK is best

It's pretty dissappointing... even with massive offense boosts with mods to Leia, Han & Gar it still just doesn't do well unfortunately...

Seemed great on paper... not so great in practice

My experience at least... maybe you might have more luck?
  • Gar Saxon sounds like to could be an interesting addition, probably not as viable as another rebel in top-end arena, but could probably be fun in GW and fine for top-50 arena

If you have a geared GS, play around and let us know how it goes!
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    I don't have a geared GS, GK, or ATF yet. And none of those will be easy to star and gear.

https://swgoh.gg/u/cal/

I was starting in on GS, but I might steer away from that now unless someone else had a more positive experience with it. I was in the middle of building an Empire team (Thrawn, Tarkin, DT, ??, ??) when CLS dropped.
  • CLS, R2, Raid Han, Leia and Sthan
  • GS = Geo Soldier, he is older.

GaS = Gar Saxon, please.
    Do or do not...
  • How about...Gar? :)
  • Saw a CLS, Chaze, R2, Nihilus...it was brutal
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Whindanser wrote: »
    Saw a CLS, Chaze, R2, Nihilus...it was brutal

That's what I'm using, but it's not great. I used to have R2 use his AoE to give everyone a flame first, then Nihilus uses his AoE to increase their cooldowns after the debuff. Now, under a CLS lead, they all counter R2, and then they all counter Nihilus. Baze does his AoE dispel and they all counter. I need a new approach that doesn't rely on AoE. If R2 gives them all stealth, every attack sends the counters to the tank (Baze), who dies much sooner than he used to. Then Chirrut is out, and it's all over. Oh, yeah, somebody is also fractured. Fun times.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Whindanser wrote: »
    Saw a CLS, Chaze, R2, Nihilus...it was brutal

That's what I'm using, but it's not great. I used to have R2 use his AoE to give everyone a flame first, then Nihilus uses his AoE to increase their cooldowns after the debuff. Now, under a CLS lead, they all counter R2, and then they all counter Nihilus. Baze does his AoE dispel and they all counter. I need a new approach that doesn't rely on AoE. If R2 gives them all stealth, every attack sends the counters to the tank (Baze), who dies much sooner than he used to. Then Chirrut is out, and it's all over. Oh, yeah, somebody is also fractured. Fun times.

AFAIK you can't be countered while stealthed . So just start with R2's smoke screen then AOE all day.
  • mplv
    70 posts Member
    I'm running ZZZluke, Zhan, Zob(taunt), GK and Baze. Goodluck
  • I am currently running ZZCLS Wiggs GK and ZZR2. I haven't found anything I can't beat in under 2 minutes but still testing how it holds on D.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Calx wrote: »
    I mostly want to get a sense of how viable these teams are before I start gearing the toons:

I've seen two of these.

An Ackbar/zCLS/R2z2/Leia/Han Zolo pops up in my Top 15 each day, but doesn't stay there on defense come rewards time. It seems to be able to beat a specific team this person has trouble with but doesn't have amazing defensive staying power. That being said, I was unable to beat it.

I have seen a couple CLS/R2z2/Leia/Han Zolo teams pop up. The additional toon has usually been GK or Ashoka Fulcrum. They're tough teams.

Myself, I'm headed towards a CLS/R2z2/zLeia/Han Zolo/Old Ben team. In part, I think it will be a good all around arena team for all the variety we are facing now. And in part, it will be fun to play those characters together.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    CLS, R2, Raid Han, Leia and Sthan

How does this team hold up in arena - and what is the speed on the STH?
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    mplv wrote: »
    I'm running ZZZluke, Zhan, Zob(taunt), GK and Baze. Goodluck

You were holding onto 100 zeta mats?
  • mplv
    70 posts Member
    I was holding on to 149 zeta mats. once I had 6 zeta chars already and the meta was a team with no zetas I just started hoarding waiting on luke, it was months ago
  • The best AA team to me is

AA
    R2
    Leia
    Luke
    GK

I run this team, top 5 everyday, old shard, can run through teams and AI uses it properly

R2 the fastest, Leia needs to be next with good damage, then Luke, CD mods also

*Results may vary*

Such a fun team
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Napoli wrote: »
    I have seen a couple CLS/R2z2/Leia/Han Zolo teams pop up. The additional toon has usually been GK or Ashoka Fulcrum. They're tough teams.

Do you remember how geared the ATFs were? Unfortunately, I'm not in a HaaT guild, so no GK for me. ATF will have to be the next best thing, once she's farmable.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    CLS(L), Han Solo, Leia, R2D2, GK/Old Ben.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    CLS(L), R2D2, K2SO, Chopper, Ezra?
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Napoli wrote: »

Do you remember how geared the ATFs were? Unfortunately, I'm not in a HaaT guild, so no GK for me. ATF will have to be the next best thing, once she's farmable.

Maxed. There is only one that stays in my Top 20 but it's a whale. 7*, maxed G11, maxed abilties, 20+ secondary speed mods.

However, I have heard that the team is viable as well even if she is more moderate.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    I've been running this team the past three days with surprising success:

CLS
    Leia
    R2z2
    Han Zolo
    Old Ben (G9)
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    The best AA team to me is

AA
    R2
    Leia
    Luke
    GK

I run this team, top 5 everyday, old shard, can run through teams and AI uses it properly

*Results may vary*

Such a fun team

I just switched to this team, but am really struggling against Rex+Chaze teams. But I maxed speed on my teams rather than going for the mod bonuses. Do you think slowing Leia down but increasing her crit damage would help? She's currently at 253 speed, then R2 at 247 and CLS at 234. That's before Ackbar's leader bonus. If I get rolling, the other team tends to stand still. But feeding Rex TM with crits really bogs me down.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    Berimbolo wrote: »
    The best AA team to me is

AA
    R2
    Leia
    Luke
    GK

*Results may vary*

Such a fun team

I just switched to this team, but am really struggling against Rex+Chaze teams. But I maxed speed on my teams rather than going for the mod bonuses. Do you think slowing Leia down but increasing her crit damage would help? She's currently at 253 speed, then R2 at 247 and CLS at 234. That's before Ackbar's leader bonus. If I get rolling, the other team tends to stand still. But feeding Rex TM with crits really bogs me down.

I tried something similar and never managed to beat strong Rex leads, especially when it also included Zarriss and GK. Speed never seemed to matter even when my zeta Han would start and my R2 would stealth before they went.

I also tried Leia with both faster speed and stronger hitting power. She holds better against this team specifically with the hitting power but I realized if she isn't able to stealth first it doesn't matter because 100% of 0 damage is 0. At 253 speed she's plenty fast. If you drop to the 240s and can increase your damage with an offense cross mod, for example, I would go for it. Just beware if she drops too far under 240.
  • CLS
    Jyn
    Chaze
    R2