I have no need for allies...

Rogee
178 posts Member
All LS/DS missions 3* or any other place I could bring an ally for a 6 char team

Unless there is some kind of daily gifting system between allies added to the game, there's no need in the end game... am I missing something?

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Ally points become useful again?
  • Dread
    152 posts Member
    allies are useful for people trying to level in the game, 3star maps they shouldnt be able to... lso stge 9s re difficult for most. But at this point there is no point for you to have ally i guess.
  • Yeah you don't really need them if everything is 3 starred. Hopefully they will be useful again later.
  • No doubt a new tier of normal and hard nodes are in the works for G12. Perhaps 10 and 11 nodes for LS/DS and potentially more Cantina nodes. They will keep that going as long as Gear levels go up. Need something to strive for.
  • Just delete all your allies. Problem solved
  • Understand you may not need them (allies), but others may need you as an ally.

Bonus is you get ally points for spins on bronzium card (chocolate wheel) which could potentially get characters that you could get shards from, so on and so forth.

Think about it, why do think the borrow a max level GK or DN idea even works for the borrower?

But if your a lone wolf player I guess all these points are mute right?

Cheers
    RedFlag
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    RedFlag wrote: »
    Understand you may not need them (allies), but others may need you as an ally.

Bonus is you get ally points for spins on bronzium card (chocolate wheel) which could potentially get characters that you could get shards from, so on and so forth.

Think about it, why do think the borrow a max level GK or DN idea even works for the borrower?

Cheers
    RedFlag

We should really get ally points when other people use our toons as allies. It'd give an incentive to actually stay allies with people actively playing/progressing in the game.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Cheers
    RedFlag

We should really get ally points when other people use our toons as allies. It'd give an incentive to actually stay allies with people actively playing/progressing in the game.

I thought we did?
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Vertigo wrote: »

Cheers
    RedFlag

I thought we did?

Nope. At the very beginning of the game it said "You both get 20" but that was a lie. Eventually they changed it so it just says you get 20 when you use someone on your ally list.
  • Vertigo wrote: »

Cheers
    RedFlag

I thought we did?

Nope. At the very beginning of the game it said "You both get 20" but that was a lie. Eventually they changed it so it just says you get 20 when you use someone on your ally list.

Well thats not very team/community building by CG. Very sad panda.

Thanks for the correction!
  • You need them if you are hopping to their guilds for a bonus raid or two
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You need them if you are hopping to their guilds for a bonus raid or two

Do you mean to help their guilds out? You can't get "bonus raids" anymore. You are limited to the number a single guild could open in a week. So if your guild is already hitting max, you're set.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Cheers
    RedFlag

I thought we did?

It wasn't a lie, it just never worked right, so they pulled the feature.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Valid point when other's use 'you' as their ally. Just wish we could mark one of our characters that would always be offered to allies for help. One LS and one DS, without us having to change our Arena leader, or it just being random.

My friend keeps seeing my Lando as my offered ally and I haven't used him as a lead in forever.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Rogee wrote: »
    Valid point when other's use 'you' as their ally. Just wish we could mark one of our characters that would always be offered to allies for help. One LS and one DS, without us having to change our Arena leader, or it just being random.

My friend keeps seeing my Lando as my offered ally and I haven't used him as a lead in forever.

It's not your arena leader. It's the last leader you used in that area, split up by LS, DS, Cantina.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

It's not your arena leader. It's the last leader you used in that area, split up by LS, DS, Cantina.

That doesn't explain my friend getting offered my R2... which I have never used as a leader, anywhere...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

That doesn't explain my friend getting offered my R2... which I have never used as a leader, anywhere...

You did or he was wrong, since that's how it works, and is easily proven by manually fighting a battle in that area with a different char than they see as ally.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member

You did or he was wrong, since that's how it works, and is easily proven by manually fighting a battle in that area with a different char than they see as ally.

Will try that, thanks for the tip!