Worst Zetas: ones you have and worst in game

Prev1
Dooku and Sidious are wastes at this point, they pretty much see no use now.. Sid gets to raid a tiny bit but Dooku just sits around.

Lumi, Chewy, Pao, Nightsisters all pretty awful Zetas.

Replies

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sid is great, especially on a resistance team.
  • Options
    My Jyn zeta is by far the least useful (her leader ability).

Granted I had fat fingers and accidentally zeta'd her, but still it doesn't do all that much for me. All my other ones were def good picks (DN, Finn, Savage, Maul, ATF, Thrawn, R2, Barris)
  • Options
    Sid is bad at the end game... His main use for me is with Zader vs. the tank. He is 0% arena viable in a top 20 team on the vast majority of shards. He was an early one for me but a waste. Dooku is the same story. Sid needs a separtist tag and they both need reworks. They are both important players in the EP 1-3 story and really should be more powerful.
  • Options
    ZJyn should be useful right now with CLS; I can see him reviving her lead some.
  • crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't regret any. I don't use Jyn much anymore now that I have zeta Resistance to roll over GW, but she served her purpose for a long time. So I don't see it as a waste. Definitely helped me.

Will have to see whether her lead or CLS is better.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    I like my zeta Jyn, enjoy using my R1 squad.
  • Options
    The only zeta toon I really don't use consistently is QGJ. I used to utilize my Jedi team in GW, but now my resistance team is up to speed and taking care of business.
  • Options
    Yeah zFinn is definitely the hardest impact zeta: great everywhere. But who are the hands down worst Zetas? I don't think Sid or Dooku win that title. Is it chewie? Lumi? Etc.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    My worst zeta choice: Cassian. I would definitely take that back.
  • Options
    I don't have it, but I feel Stormtrooper has got to be one of the worst zetas in the game.
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    Options
    When Vader's zeta first came out, it was worth it being able to auto the rancor raid, post nerf I would take that zeta back if I could. It's a waste.
  • Options
    It may be that Stormtrooper zeta is meant for territory battles
  • Options
    I only have three: Kylo, Maul and DN's unique. Of those three, DN's unique has been the least useful. Can someone please explain where and when it's useful? It hasn't done anything for me in arena (except perhaps make my defense hold better).
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    It was my impression that zSidious is fantastic in HAAT.
    P2: Elder Zader Squad
    P4: Juggermaul
  • Options
    I only have three: Kylo, Maul and DN's unique. Of those three, DN's unique has been the least useful. Can someone please explain where and when it's useful? It hasn't done anything for me in arena (except perhaps make my defense hold better).

DN unique is useful in that it does soften up toons and comes in handy during close battles. I've been saved from quite a few tricky situations thanks to that. However, I don't think it's absolutely necessary in any respect but it definitely doesn't hurt compared to some of the other awful zetas out there, especially if DN is a constant part of your squad.
  • Noataq
    176 posts Member
    Options

I don't regret DN's unique, it inflicts a debuff so his force drain procs cooldown increases plus squishy toons with health down become even more squishy.
  • Options
    @WompWompRat @Noataq

True, all good points. Maybe once I get my SA more powerful she'll be able to take advantage of that.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    @WompWompRat @Noataq

True, all good points. Maybe once I get my SA more powerful she'll be able to take advantage of that.

Yeah it's not really obvious how his unique helps, but it's there. Very helpful for softening up annoying toons like tanks or chirrut
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Options
    Chewie has to be the worst, right? I only have one, so technically zFinn was my worst choice and my best. He is amazing.

Some zetas are pretty meh but not awful. Obviously cg ran the numbers and found that some folks have zetas to burn, because otherwise it makes no sense to churn out mediocre zetas and charge full price for them. For example, zumi might be worth 5 zeta mats, but at 20 only a ding **** or someone with fat fingers or an affinity for drinking while swgohing would ever zeta her. The problem of mediocre zetas seems to have accelerated lately...was really hoping with anh reworks we would see zeta abilities for 5 or 10 mats to reflect their relative utility.
  • Options
    I love my Chewie zeta. He did surprisingly well in arena. I would only drop to about 20th overnight which was about 15 spots further than average at the time. Zeta's have become largely irrelevant as the base kits of newer toons are so packed they have a hard time impacting the match. Fracture and Anihilate cut right through most zeta's usefulness.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I love my Chewie zeta. He did surprisingly well in arena. I would only drop to about 20th overnight which was about 15 spots further than average at the time. Zeta's have become largely irrelevant as the base kits of newer toons are so packed they have a hard time impacting the match. Fracture and Anihilate cut right through most zeta's usefulness.

Disclaimer only get Chewie as a novelty item he has very little use in the game. Just do it if you want to be the big-swinging-**** on your shard.
  • Supercat
    3250 posts Member
    Options
    Boba's unique is the one I regret the most.
    Favorite: Chirpa lead
    Don't be a ****(4), and follow forum guidelines.
  • Options

Granted I had fat fingers and accidentally zeta'd her, but still it doesn't do all that much for me. All my other ones were def good picks (DN, Finn, Savage, Maul, ATF, Thrawn, R2, Barris)

You are bigtime incorrect about zJyn. With a Rebel squad she's actually remarkably helpful for certain applications -- GW and Raid, specifically. In the GW she'll make a Rebel squad the only one you need, because they'll heal up protection constantly. With Jyn, Chaze, and Wiggles or CLS+R2 everyone will be full health+protection by the last node, ready to go.
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    When Vader's zeta first came out, it was worth it being able to auto the rancor raid, post nerf I would take that zeta back if I could. It's a waste.

Good Lord. A waste? Vader is a great character. The greatest? No. But taking his zeta off, if it were possible, is the last thing I'd do to him. Who cares about doing a Rancor raid on auto. Guilds can tear it to shreds, there's no point.
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »

I wouldn't call it a waste... He is still capable of leading an auto rancor raid and is a viable lead in HAAT.
  • Options

You are bigtime incorrect about zJyn. With a Rebel squad she's actually remarkably helpful for certain applications -- GW and Raid, specifically. In the GW she'll make a Rebel squad the only one you need, because they'll heal up protection constantly. With Jyn, Chaze, and Wiggles or CLS+R2 everyone will be full health+protection by the last node, ready to go.

You don't need Jyn's zeta leader to be OP in raids and GW. She works perfectly fine without using the zeta for that. It's also possible that my teams hit so hard her benefit is honestly negligible. Also with Finn zeta, my resistance demolishes P2 or 4 and plows through GW. So I guess the better way to say it is, ZJyn isn't useful to me because her leader ability isn't as decisive as other zetas I've used on other toons.
  • Options
    DN unique is one of the best zetas, makes killing the enemy so much easier when they are down 20% of their health
  • Options
    Dooku was not a waste in my opinion. If I could take it back so I could apply it to my current zeta desires, I might, but I use him to good use in phase 1 of the tank, he's filled out teams that I hadn't completed yet in phase 2 and 3 with good effect and I'm sure I'll be getting some good use with him in territory battles. His zeta really helps him survive a lot longer.

I don't regret any of my zetas. They all continue to either be good use now or have been at various points in my swgoh career.
  • Options
    I have ZZR2D2 (I love this guy, no regrets). ZFinn (He makes my galactic war easy every day, and it gives me one big damage HAAT team I can always count on. I have ZFett. The least useful of the 4 by quite a bit, but I still use him in the arena (at least until I finish gearing up my CLS) and I have no regrets there as he kept me in the arena fight when I didn't have the cool toons (He was my first - sort of Barriss was, but I swapped it when they did the Barriss is bugged refund).

I have a zeta now that I'm debating on. (Rey or one of the CLS or raid Han for future arena fun). I was going to go Vader to pair with Boba in raids, but CLS with gear 11 Jyn made that unnecessary.

There are a lot of Zetas I wouldn't want... but I'm not really sure which the least of them are, as i tend to focus on the ones I'm building towards/around not the ones I'm avoiding.
  • Toben
    68 posts Member
    Options
    I am irrationally attached to my Asajj - have her max gear, great mods, look for excuses to use her whenever possible - but even I can't justify giving her either of her Zetas. (That's right, she has 2!) Someday maybe, when that Nightsister rework happens, they'll rework her zetas to make them worth the expense....but right now they're both awful. I mean, her lead theoretically isn't bad, it's basically Zader but with a speed boost instead of an offense boost...but you have to be leading, y'know, Nightsisters. And the zeta to Rampage just doesn't do anywhere near enough; it just brings that skill to about where it ought to be without a zeta, given current levels of power creep.

I am also irrationally attached to my STHan, but I might actually give him his zeta, I have a suspicion that he could last the entirety of tank p3 with it which would mean you could drop the other tanks from a Chirpatine team and add someone else (TFP maybe). If I end up doing that and it *doesn't* work, though, it would definitely be the worst zeta I've spent. I've got no complaints about any of the zetas I've done so far (Yoda, QGJ, Kylo, Barriss, R2, Finn).