Genuine question about TB

Prev1
Neo2551
1824 posts Member
Territory battle is probably the most exciting event that is happening in Swgoh. Moreover, Devs implied that we could exploit all our roster to clear the stages.

My question is the following: my GXI Resistance team can probably clear any PvE event without being touch thanks to stun on basic of Finn (his 2 turn cooldown special is a joke with his special) and my Rebels are near unkillable with Jyn CLS Chaze Han (because of the stun, passive heal and revive).

I wonder how my G1 4* Krooper can be any useful compared to these beasts :/

Replies

• Options
    Its not out yet so we don't know, but i believe certain stages will require certain toons. Also not sure how the refresh will work, if any.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    probably won't be usefull. If g1 and 4* toons are usefull TB will be a gigantic time sink.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I'd also imagine they'd make it tough for the "HAAT meta teams" to be successful in TB.
  • Options
    Wait and see.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Wait and see.

But we can't wait, that why we are speculating online about it :D
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Unless they make your ennemies resistant to TM reduction, stun, expose and Crit damage (which I would find seriously insane for non boss), I think Rebels, Clones and Resistance have a good edge.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Unless they make your ennemies resistant to TM reduction, stun, expose and Crit damage (which I would find seriously insane for non boss), I think Rebels, Clones and Resistance have a good edge.

I could see it being somewhat like the AT-ST battle and the CLS event combined. With a little bit of Forest Moon thrown in here and there. And there's bound to be someone with Places of Power Yoda Speed.
  • Options
    Battles could have a max power limit to make appropriate challenges for weaker toons.
  • Options
    My purely speculative guess is that each Battle will be, say, a dozen generic missions that have no requirements, but have a scaling difficulty. You can use any character, but they can only be used once and for that specific mission. The purpose of this is so even beginning players can do a couple missions and contribute. These common, generic missions will give credits, droids, ability mats, and other generic rewards.

Then you're going to have other missions that have much more specific requirements (maybe higher levels, higher stars, or specific characters and/or rosters) that give better rewards, commensurate with difficulty of the mission and strictness of the roster requirements. Like, shards, omegas, zetas, whatever.

All rewards get thrown into a pot, and when the Territory Battle is over everyone gets all the rewards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There are many events that are toon specific, there is nothing to say that this wont have elements of it that will be setup the same way.

or there is the example of tournaments where you could only use a toon once(without refresh), so they remove the refresh and boom.

There are many simple ways they can make sure you will need your whole roster. My guess is that since they are very focused on the whole roster aspect of it, they have something that will require you to have and use "all" your toons, not just 5 or 10.

only time will tell.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    There are many events that are toon specific, there is nothing to say that this wont have elements of it that will be setup the same way.

or there is the example of tournaments where you could only use a toon once(without refresh), so they remove the refresh and boom.

There are many simple ways they can make sure you will need your whole roster. My guess is that since they are very focused on the whole roster aspect of it, they have something that will require you to have and use "all" your toons, not just 5 or 10.

only time will tell.

There is more than just 5 or 10 characters in this game? ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

only time will tell.

yeah, i think they are called rebels. ;)
  • Options
    The general consensus is that it will be like a group of pass/fail events like the assault battles which will require you to use certain factions w maybe a gateway requirement on some phases.

In those events, low level/gear/star toons are worthless. Likewise having maxed toons in every way won't help you in other phases unlike the raids where 1 strong team can be enough to get you ample rewards.

I actually hope they don't do it this way, daily event style stages where if you have a strong team you just easily auto it and if you don't, you just sit out. It would involve no thinking, just daily tasks to be completed like simming the daily challenges.
  • Joost
    233 posts Member
    Options
    Battles could have a max power limit to make appropriate challenges for weaker toons.

I highly doubt that, also I don't think there will be a star or gear limit. Just because this will discourage players to get all characters to 7* or max gear level. I think there might be phases for First Order, Ewoks, Nightsisters, Ships etc.
  • 420stormtroopers
    19 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

only time will tell.

I can see this being the new "august" joke

Question: How do I beat such and such?
    Answer: just use Rebels
  • Options

only time will tell.

Question: How do i solo everything?
    Answer: What do u think CLS is for?
    :lol:
  • Options
    I consider possibility, that TB can involve offensive (active) and defensive (passive) missions.
    Offensive ones are where you need to advance and use your best teams, so, of course, G8 NS squad can do 1/100 of dmg comparatively to G11 Rebel/Clones/Jedi/etc. zeta squad. For this kind of missions, it is better to have one meta squad than dozens of undergeared ones.
    But defensive ones are smth that doesn't actually require viable toons, but only the amount of total power you can assign to the particular territory in order to protect it. I have this theory, because of the power rework when now every piece of gear, mats or anythings gets some indication in the total amount of power. It can be like following: to advance and conquer the next piece of territory, you first need to hold (protect) the territory you've just obtained. It means that you should assign total of, for instance, 500k power to it: every guild member chooses some toons as defenders of the given territory until there are 500k power total. In this case even lvl 1 1* unlocked characters matter.
  • Options
    The general consensus is that it will be like a group of pass/fail events like the assault battles which will require you to use certain factions w maybe a gateway requirement on some phases.
    What? No. How did the groupthink come to this concensus? They said that you'll use every character and ship in your roster. You thonk there'll be a Nightsister's phase on Hoth that'll keep you from progressing?

This is a bad take, people. Go back to your drawing boards and start over.
  • Options
    Am thinking the millions who missed cls they will miss out on so much more when this does come into the game.
  • Options
    RacerDejak wrote: »

only time will tell.

:flushed:
  • Options
    Bobby777 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

only time will tell.

:flushed:

What if you have yet to unlock cls....then you got to depend on guild ppl help....and at times is the help that good.?
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    Ssj3goku wrote: »
    Am thinking the millions who missed cls they will miss out on so much more when this does come into the game.

We don't know how many extra points CLS will provide you. All we know is that it gives more points than what you would normally earn without him. Wether that is +1 victory points to +9000, we don't know as of yet until TB is dropped on us.
  • Options
    Irrlicht wrote: »
    I consider possibility, that TB can involve offensive (active) and defensive (passive) missions.
    Offensive ones are where you need to advance and use your best teams, so, of course, G8 NS squad can do 1/100 of dmg comparatively to G11 Rebel/Clones/Jedi/etc. zeta squad. For this kind of missions, it is better to have one meta squad than dozens of undergeared ones.
    But defensive ones are smth that doesn't actually require viable toons, but only the amount of total power you can assign to the particular territory in order to protect it. I have this theory, because of the power rework when now every piece of gear, mats or anythings gets some indication in the total amount of power. It can be like following: to advance and conquer the next piece of territory, you first need to hold (protect) the territory you've just obtained. It means that you should assign total of, for instance, 500k power to it: every guild member chooses some toons as defenders of the given territory until there are 500k power total. In this case even lvl 1 1* unlocked characters matter.

This seems like it could be close to me. Makes sense
  • Options
    It's one mission and they said it gives you more tickets. Chill.
  • Options
    More tickets to the people that have him....what about the ones who do not.....and like I said counting on your guild member to help.....when most are only out for themselves
  • Options
    More tickets to the people that have him....what about the ones who do not.....and like I said counting on your guild member to help.....when most are only out for themselves
    .....Everyone in the guild gets the same reward. God, man, read the announcements before freaking out about the announcements.
  • Options
    .....Everyone in the guild gets the same reward. God, man, read the announcements before freaking out about the announcements.

Wish that was the same for cls. Does anyone in any guild get the same payout if that was true....everyone would get highest raid rewards just for doing any sort of damage
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Wish that was the same for cls. Does anyone in any guild get the same payout if that was true....everyone would get highest raid rewards just for doing any sort of damage

if someone in your guild unlocks commander luke, everyone in that guild should get commander luke?
    JNhU5Tt.gif
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Your all saying same payout......if that's the case how come when. Guilds hold raids be it normal or heroics one why are we all paid differently. ? When your saying it should be the same.....and such...?
  • Options
    Give everybody a Commander Luke Skywalker and wreck havoc on the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even new players will be using Luke with their talias and their chewies!!!!!!! Make Luke the first toon to have a 100% usage rate on swogagagagaggga!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.