Is Nihilus ever returning to shard shop?

Considering how meta he is in this game and how you now need 7 stars to get gear 12, wouldn't it only be fair to make nihilus available in the shard shop again?

Replies

• Nope
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Doubt it. He is easily farmable now with 5 goes.
  • Wouldn't imagine he will. He has a permanent farming spot. Yes a hard one but he is a great toon and they don't want him to be easy.
  • Getting 1 shard a day isn't exactly an easy farm.
    Darknessie wrote: »
    Doubt it. He is easily farmable now with 5 goes.

Just cause it isn't easy doesnt make him unfarmable. DN was in thr shard shop for the longest time out of any toon.
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I am sure he will eventually show back up with the normal 2 shard rotation like the other characters one day.
    I hope that is the only way he goes back. He is overused.
  • Considering how meta he is in this game and how you now need 7 stars to get gear 12, wouldn't it only be fair to make nihilus available in the shard shop again?

No put Krennic back in there. He was in for a very short time.
  • Shahram1222
    198 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    You said "easy" farm. He's clearly not an easy farm. And I never said he's unfarmable.

In my shard, which is around may 2017, the only people who have him had to buy mega packs or use a ton of crystals. So he's very difficult and expensive to get.
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Getting 1 shard a day isn't exactly an easy farm.

Just cause it isn't easy doesnt make him unfarmable. DN was in thr shard shop for the longest time out of any toon.

• He won't be returning to the shard shop I'd wager.

The day they removed him was the day I promoted him to 6*. The next 100 shards took me drastically longer than the previous 100 but it's still doable. Just get to farmin'
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu

I said he was easily farmable not an easy farm.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Nope. Don't count on it. Unless more KOTOR toons come out, he's stuck on a hard node. They may re-offer him in a pack eventually, but never again in the shard shop.
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    Nope. Don't count on it. Unless more KOTOR toons come out, he's stuck on a hard node. They may re-offer him in a pack eventually, but never again in the shard shop.

Plus he has his very own slot in the crystal shop
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member

Not really, unless you are buying refreshes.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    You said "easy" farm. He's clearly not an easy farm. And I never said he's unfarmable.

In my shard, which is around may 2017, the only people who have him had to buy mega packs or use a ton of crystals. So he's very difficult and expensive to get.
    Riffinator wrote: »

Well duh, of course he's hard to get for anyone who's only been playing since may. Do you want every lvl 75 player running around with an instakill on their arena team?
  • It's not one shard a day anymore. It should average out to 1 and 2/3 shards a day or five shards every three days. That's still about two months to go from 6-star to 7-star, but it used to be more than three months. That's a substantial improvement.
  • I don't think there is a link between meta toons and shard shop, so I don't think that's works in practice, otherwise a lot of players would have access to meta toons shards more easily and the arena would get stale quicker. I also think if they put him back in EA wouldn't get the sales they want now he is available in shipments.

It's frustrating and I feel your pain, I wish I had gone all in on baze when he was in there.
  • No, he's farmable. Fulcrum needs in there, though.
    Ooba hutar.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I'm finding that lately, he is either dead before he annihilates, or I already won the match. I don't think I'll be using him much longer.
  • I wonder if they are gonna release more KOTOR characters. They were/are some of my favorites
  • I see DN usage going down in the future, he's low toon on the totem pole. So many ways to neuter him now, he's starting to become a vacant slot on defense like Zylo.
  • Darknessie wrote: »

I said he was easily farmable not an easy farm.

Since you bring up semantics, how is "easily farmable" different than just "farmable"? What is the opposite of "easily farmable"?
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    I'm finding that lately, he is either dead before he annihilates, or I already won the match. I don't think I'll be using him much longer.
    I like his leader ability for countering certain builds that rely on being crit (Kenobi with Barriss, Darth Maul, etc) but otherwise I think he's a pretty Win More character. He'll quicken a game you were going to win anyway, but won't do too much on his own.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    I am sure he will eventually show back up with the normal 2 shard rotation like the other characters one day.

This ^^, I'm sorry to say is the only way he will be going back to the shard shop.
  • Considering how meta he is in this game and how you now need 7 stars to get gear 12

You just stated the reason why he's not going to the shard shop.
    Who knows, maybe he'll be in the new Guild store. I just hope Shore and Krennic will be there.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member

Lol if it’s one shard.